IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Valve Spring Recall - $$$ Bonus

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-10, 09:00 AM
ds111htown
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had purchased a CPO and I had received the letter with a extended warranty. But CPO comes with 100k warranty already. I phoned up Lexus and they investigated and that had made a mistake, and I will be put on the list to receive the 500 gc.
Old 12-16-10, 11:10 AM
unccballa
Driver School Candidate

I received the recall letter with the extended warranty. Called Lexus and they informed me that those who do not already have an extended warranty will receive that instead of the $500 gc. I politely explained to them that the extended warranty will be of no benefit for me since I have an 07 w/ only 40k miles. After 2 transfers they submitted my request for the gc. So, i will be hearing back from them within the next few days. I doubt they will give it to me but I will try my hardest to convince them.
Old 12-16-10, 01:17 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I received a letter yesterday saying my $500 GC and $1,500 coupon would be sent shortly. I have a 2006 IS350 that I bought CPO. Looks like all is good.
Old 12-16-10, 04:08 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I received my letter. Lexus is SO sorry about all the recalls. They gave me my $1500.00 coupon and extended my warranty. Problem is.......I am NOT buying a new Lexus anytime soon and my expensive, Platinum warranty, expires in January of 2013. No $500.00. I called them and kindly suggested that maybe they might want to reconsider giving me the $500.00. We shall see what we shall see.

They would be wise.....make that VERY wise to manage to come up with the money.
Old 12-16-10, 06:04 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexustom

Why? What are you going to do to make Lexus sorry they didn't give you $500? Never threaten if you can't back it up.
Old 12-16-10, 06:55 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received my letter. Lexus is SO sorry about all the recalls. They gave me my $1500.00 coupon and extended my warranty. Problem is.......I am NOT buying a new Lexus anytime soon and my expensive, Platinum warranty, expires in January of 2013. No $500.00. I called them and kindly suggested that maybe they might want to reconsider giving me the $500.00. We shall see what we shall see.

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Why? What are you going to do to make Lexus sorry they didn't give you $500? Never threaten if you can't back it up.
Lexus depends on perfect ratings and word of mouth makes all the difference in the world to them. They don't like to hear negative feedback from their customers, not even one.

My letter is in the mail next week to them about this very issue.
Old 12-16-10, 07:11 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

I don't see why thos of you that are not getting the GC are upset for. The one who paid for the extended warranty are just getting back there 500 they paid for it. You guy just want somethang for nothing.
Old 12-16-10, 09:18 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Originally Posted by Evitzee
A great retailer....and that is what my Lexus is...a retailer of Lexus automobiles as well as a retailer of service and parts......never, ever wants a person telling all his/her acquaintances what a poor retailer they are. A great retailer does NOT want me telling people at work, at the local restaurant, at church, at the Sat. AM car show, at the large neighborhood Christmas party how I feel Lexus mishandled the recall. They really shouldn't let that happen. We're talking $500 bucks here. Not much to them. A lot to me and just think of all the "good will" they can buy from me for that $500.

It is SO easy for me to "back it up". I not only will not let them perform the routine maintenance (brakes, belts, hoses, etc., etc.) on the car but I will just not ever buy another Lexus. My life will be just fine if the next new car I buy is not a Lexus. There are SO many nice cars to choose from nowadays.

We shall see. Time will tell.
Old 12-16-10, 09:33 PM
unccballa
Driver School Candidate

Well in my case the extended warranty has no benefit at all since I have low miles. If they extended the length of the warranty that would be fine for me. It's not that we want something for nothing, we paid a good amount of $ for our cars and when you hear of these recalls it is unpleasing. The least they could do is offer some type of compensation for the inconvenience that will actually be benificial to all customers.... For me though, I am not upset at all bc I didn't expect anything from the get go, but I understand for those who are upset.
Old 12-16-10, 10:14 PM
GSdriven
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now I have to check. Did they give me a $ 2,000 purchase or lease coupon in lieu of a
$1,500 coupon and $ 500 gift card?
Old 12-16-10, 10:21 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Lexustom if you want the GC that bad. Buy the 1500 extended warranty like most of us did. So that they can send you back 500 of your own money. As said before it's not free it our own money to begin with.
Old 12-16-10, 10:40 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

im kind of on the same boat, $1500 dollar coupon is garbage to me. Its not like we dont have a car to begin with. That coupon is just an incentive to spend more money and buy a another car from them. However the tank of gas is pretty sweet.
Old 12-17-10, 04:52 AM
Tulsa1
Rookie

Geez guys, some of you are talking extortion.
Fork over $500 or I'll make you sorry.
They are fixing problems at no charge and extending your warrantee at no charge.
The $500 is for those that already bought an extended warrantee.
Grow up
Old 12-17-10, 07:10 AM
Lexustom
Advanced

Originally Posted by laobo979
Lexustom if you want the GC that bad. Buy the 1500 extended warranty like most of us did. So that they can send you back 500 of your own money. As said before it's not free it our own money to begin with.
Sorry, I must not have been clear in my post #244. I mention my "expensive, Platinum extended warranty" that I bought. It expires in January of 2013. So, YES, I DO have their extended warranty. Bought it the day I took delivery. It wasn't 1500 either. If you mean $.

It just seems to me that Lexus doesn't quite have their "ducks" all in a row. Some get it. Some do not.

We shall see.
Old 12-17-10, 08:11 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Such hostility for those that didn't get the $500 GC. This is why no matter what Lexus does they get bashed, whether it is in the media or by the owners. They become proactive and fix a problem that is probably nonexistent for practical purposes, give you a loaner, a free tank of gas, a credit of $1,500 towards a new Lexus (which I used last month), and extend the warranty. Yet some people also got a $500 GC and those that didn't get it are crying foul and demanding that they get $500 too or else they will go on a crusade and complain to friends, relatives, coworkers, and anybody else that will listen about how Lexus is such a crappy company. There is a criteria as to who gets the GC that we are not privy too (nor should we be). It could be based things like age of owner, location, age of other cars, how much they spend at the dealer, credit score, or other criteria. Yet that doesn't stop people from whining about it and demanding to be paid $500. If you are that upset about it don't buy a Lexus next time, there is plenty of competition that will take your money, but name another car company that will take as good of care of you as Lexus in the long run. BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Infiniti? I don't think so, and I think you'll be pondering for a long time to come up with a name. You may think $500 means nothing to Lexus but it all comes off the bottom line, its real money, and last I heard Toyota lost money last year.

Last edited by Evitzee; 12-17-10 at 01:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Valve Spring Recall - $$$ Bonus