IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Any Lexus insiders here? Warranty Denial scenario.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-10, 01:20 PM
Eurosport
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this has got to be the most retarded warranty thread ever...
seriously, by not mentioning the exact problem you just wasted a lot of people's time, and mostlikely lots of advise good help that would have come out...

do you really think that just by not mentioning the problem, you would be protected in some way? sorry to tell you but you lost that protection when you posted on a public forum.
any retard with an ounce of brain from your dealership could easily find out it's you that's posting. specially since it's on front page....*cough* again....
Old 10-23-10, 02:48 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

not really.....can you tell me who am I?

If you read the thread carefully, I am not asking for help in determining if the problem is a manufacturing problem or not. I am an engineer, have had my share of cars over many years and realize what is a manufacturing problem and what is not.

What I have never experienced is a warranty denial without a written reason.

I wanted to see if other Lexus owners have faced that problem or not. If yes, what was the resolution.

Last edited by chikoo; 10-23-10 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-23-10, 03:03 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

From my experience with Lexus they have never denied any legitimate warranty claim on my vehicle before. I believe I had 2 warranty claims in previous Lexus cars that have gone through no problem. At this point due to the information provided, I was have to side with Lexus. Its just a he said she said case right now and you'd have to lean toward Lexus since this defect has not shown up on any other vehicle that we know of. I would just pay to get it fixed and get back to enjoying your car.

PS. At this point Lexus doesn't believe it is a manufacturing defect. If you as an Engineer believe it is, sue them and prove your case. If it is indeed proven to be a defect you may end up helping all Lexus owners in the long run. Otherwise I don't see any other way to convince Lexus they have a defect if they don't believe they do.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 10-23-10 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-23-10, 03:06 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
From my experience with Lexus they have never denied any legitimate warranty claim on my vehicle before. I believe I had 2 warranty claims in previous Lexus cars that have gone through no problem. At this point due to the information provided, I was have to side with Lexus. Its just a he said she said case right now and you'd have to lean toward Lexus since this defect has not shown up on any other vehicle that we know of. I would just pay to get it fixed and get back to enjoying your car.
The defect has shown up on other 2008 ISx50. Others have had it fixed under warranty. I am the one who is being denied warranty. That is why I am pissed.

Pay to get it fixed? Why don't you do a group charity here for $1500 and donate it to me, which is what the dealer claims is the cost for the fix.
Old 10-23-10, 03:24 PM
cmky3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chikoo
not really.....can you tell me who am I?
How many modded IS250's in Texas have had a warranty claim denied (about $1500 worth) in the past 3 months (probably unrelated to the mod) and match this description taken from your sig:

2008 IS250 - Obsidian Black with Black leather. PREMIUM PACKAGE Perforated leather seat trim, heated/ventilated front seats, birds-eye maple interior trim., NAVIGATION SYSTEM Voice activation, Bluetooth technology, backup camera, 18" ALLOY WHEELS P225/40YR18 front summer tires & P255/40YR18 rear summer tires, Rear Lip Spoiler.

We don't know who you are. Lexus probably does.

btw, if any deserves some charity it's the poor bastards who wasted their time on this thread.
Old 10-23-10, 03:31 PM
pavelekPL
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The defect has shown up on other 2008 ISx50. Others have had it fixed under warranty. I am the one who is being denied warranty. That is why I am pissed.

Pay to get it fixed? Why don't you do a group charity here for $1500 and donate it to me, which is what the dealer claims is the cost for the fix.
instead of posting here why aren't you being a smarta$$ with the dealership... ?
Old 10-23-10, 03:33 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

what the hell is this thread turning into.
This is the most worst thread I have been in my whole life.

Not only Lexus dealer is bad, Lexus corporate is also bad, and most lexus users also appears to have a grudge with me.

What did I do wrong that you are mad at me?????

If you can't help me, it is OK. No need to be mad at me.

Miik350 has been very helpful and that is the sort of help I was looking for.
Old 10-23-10, 03:36 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pavelekPL
instead of posting here why aren't you being a smarta$$ with the dealership... ?
without any ammunition?

Wow. Thanks for the fking advice.
Old 10-23-10, 03:39 PM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ There are plenty of people on this forum that are more than capable of helping you, but you have been very stand-offish about telling us your exact problem. I myself am a Toyota Service Manager, and I could be of great assistance to you, but I don't have any idea what your problem is other than you claim to be an engineer and you have a problem...
Old 10-23-10, 03:40 PM
cmky3
Driver School Candidate

btw, minimal google searching says it's probably a vibrating review mirror:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...06-07-a-6.html

The mod may be HID related.
Old 10-23-10, 04:47 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,900 Likes on 1,340 Posts

I agree with others here. This is probably one of the silliest threads I have ever wasted my time on Either tell us your problem, and let someone try to help you, or go play your cloak and dagger game elsewhere

BTW if it is the inside rearview mirror, I had mine replaced without incident.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 10-23-10 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-23-10, 05:15 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

Let's not be so harsh here. Sure, we're lacking a basic understanding of this person's problem, but he stated very clearly what kind of advice he was looking for. If you're not interested, just move on. There is little need to pass judgment and make assumptions about his character or integrity. I guess some of the forum users must have gotten mad that you compared Lexus to Mazda so casually haha.

Anyway, keep us updated! Hope it works out fine.
Old 10-23-10, 06:17 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well now we are getting somewhere. Now we know according to you others have had this same problem fixed under warranty. Up until now (Unless I missed the post where you stated this) you were the only one with the problem. So now you have more ammunition to take to the dealership or to Lexus in case you do sue them. I would also think if it is a manufacturing defect is should be recalled for the sake of all Lexus owners.

As for donating money no thanks. I pay for my own repairs warrantied or not. Everyone should be able to cover the cost of any car related repairs on their own cars. That is just part of life IMHO.

I think if you just said other ISx50's have had this same defect show up and they have been covered under warranty the last 3 pages would have not been filled with all these questions.

Good luck getting whatever part that has failed on your IS fixed.
Old 10-23-10, 06:51 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Thanks! I am really at a loss right now . Mr toyota service manager appreciate if you could let me on why toyota would deny without providing any reason?
Old 10-23-10, 07:07 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by quick123
^^^ There are plenty of people on this forum that are more than capable of helping you, but you have been very stand-offish about telling us your exact problem. I myself am a Toyota Service Manager, and I could be of great assistance to you, but I don't have any idea what your problem is other than you claim to be an engineer and you have a problem...
Check your pm quick123

Quick Reply: Any Lexus insiders here? Warranty Denial scenario.