IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Buying a 2011 IS350 F-Sport RWD

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-10, 08:54 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Your looking at about $45k for IS350 with F-sport pkg. You can easily get a used ISF with low mileage with that price. I'd get ISF.
Old 10-25-10, 11:19 AM
bricaldwel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you like you can check out autotrader.com; I got lucky and found 08 lex w/the F Sport package this past Feb. for only $38K with low miles. Not plan on doing a whole lot of modding; maybe a nice kit and a pair of JL audio in the trunk.
Attached Thumbnails Buying a 2011 IS350 F-Sport RWD-lex.jpg  
Old 10-25-10, 02:54 PM
Bunyfofu69
Driver School Candidate

Bought my 2011 250 f sport for 1k under invoice, all options.
Old 10-25-10, 06:06 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bricaldwel
If you like you can check out autotrader.com; I got lucky and found 08 lex w/the F Sport package this past Feb. for only $38K with low miles. Not plan on doing a whole lot of modding; maybe a nice kit and a pair of JL audio in the trunk.
Originally Posted by andrewshu3
If I were you, I would either go with the IS350 Fsport or a Used IS-F. the Alcantara sport seats, steering wheel, and interior trim is so nice..just sat in one yesterday at longo.
Originally Posted by dojoman
Your looking at about $45k for IS350 with F-sport pkg. You can easily get a used ISF with low mileage with that price. I'd get ISF.
I just looked around online and I haven't seen an ISF around here for $45K online but that probably means I haven't looked hard enough or I missed something. I'll look around later when I can.

Originally Posted by VF84
try internet sales. u can sometimes get close to if not lower than invoice price.

another thing u may try (and are not in a hurry to buy) is to ask what they'd want if you ordered it, rather than look for inventory.
Internet sales... you mean contact the dealer through the internet sales guy at the dealer? That was the first thing I tried but the guy never contacted me back. I might try him again though.

I asked about ordering a 2011 IS350 (if Lexus could make one for me) and not surprisingly, he said "we don't do that here." Even though I know other places do that. I think he wanted me to buy the IS250 F-Sport on the lot or pay MSRP for the IS350 F-Sport.

Originally Posted by Bunyfofu69
Bought my 2011 250 f sport for 1k under invoice, all options.
Did your dealership have quite a few of them and 2011 IS350 F-Sports too?
Mine just had two or three 2011 IS250 F-Sports and a few 2011 IS350 AWDs. Not sure what was in the back lot though.
Old 10-26-10, 12:12 AM
VF84
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wunko
Internet sales... you mean contact the dealer through the internet sales guy at the dealer? That was the first thing I tried but the guy never contacted me back. I might try him again though.

I asked about ordering a 2011 IS350 (if Lexus could make one for me) and not surprisingly, he said "we don't do that here." Even though I know other places do that. I think he wanted me to buy the IS250 F-Sport on the lot or pay MSRP for the IS350 F-Sport..
yes, however, u should try another dealer. 1) if they won't even reply, they don't want your business bad enough, look elsewhere. 2) if they "don't do that here" and won't order it for you, then they still don't want your business.

pretty sure u can find a dealer who will work with you. in fact, i think the lexus website lets you send it out to multiple dealers right?

i sent mine out to all the local sf bay area dealers (for both the is350 and a new v70 r-design), a couple replied, said they had something else. i was insistent about exactly what i wanted, and ultimately, one lexus dealer was able to find it on inventory and bring up from la to sf.

besides, unless you know someone at that particular dealership, you should be cross shopping the dealers anyway.
Old 10-26-10, 05:52 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

In orlando last time I looked I saw two used ISF for about 44k. When I got my is250 I had to drive to ft lauderdale since my local dealer didn't want to cut me a deal. It was worth the drive. I'd suggest looking at other dealers even if it's a little bit of a drive.
Old 10-26-10, 08:15 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VF84
yes, however, u should try another dealer. 1) if they won't even reply, they don't want your business bad enough, look elsewhere. 2) if they "don't do that here" and won't order it for you, then they still don't want your business.

pretty sure u can find a dealer who will work with you. in fact, i think the lexus website lets you send it out to multiple dealers right?

i sent mine out to all the local sf bay area dealers (for both the is350 and a new v70 r-design), a couple replied, said they had something else. i was insistent about exactly what i wanted, and ultimately, one lexus dealer was able to find it on inventory and bring up from la to sf.

besides, unless you know someone at that particular dealership, you should be cross shopping the dealers anyway.
Originally Posted by meangene
In orlando last time I looked I saw two used ISF for about 44k. When I got my is250 I had to drive to ft lauderdale since my local dealer didn't want to cut me a deal. It was worth the drive. I'd suggest looking at other dealers even if it's a little bit of a drive.
Makes sense. I was sure to get a list of at all the dealerships in my area at Lexus.com and set the internet quote requests each using edmunds.com. Dealership #1 got back to me and continued to follow up with me. Dealership #3 followed up as well but stopped after a couple of weeks.

Dealership #2 was the one that wouldn't negotiate. Still waiting to hear back from #1 and plan to visit #3 soon even though it is the farthest away. It would be worth it if they were able to help me out with a reasonable price on the 2011 IS350 F-Sport before I look out-of-state, go used, or go 2010.

I'll update when something comes up.