IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

A few weekend projects, teaser pics :P

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-10, 08:24 PM
vinconist
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-J
Sweet!! Would there be any way possible for you to do before and after dyno runs with the intake and throttle body modifications?? Please keep us posted!!
nah, dont really wana waste the money, but i do have a vector f2 which measures hp pretty accurately so ill let you know what the change in hp is
Old 10-27-10, 10:16 PM
IS-J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vinconist
nah, dont really wana waste the money, but i do have a vector f2 which measures hp pretty accurately so ill let you know what the change in hp is
True, dynos can get pricey. Only reason I ask is cause we all want to squeeze as much power out of our motors as possible, lol
Old 10-28-10, 01:25 AM
Snubbles
Lexus Test Driver

this is gonna be sick. cant wait for the results
Old 10-28-10, 04:12 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

nice work!!!
Old 10-29-10, 10:38 PM
vinconist
Pole Position

just installed my wald lip, pics on the first page...also i installed my PP throttle body back on and was pretty surprised, i didnt reset the ecu to see if it made a difference and the result was dramatic, my engine idled at 2500 rpm and when my car down shifted, it accelerated, kinda scary cuz i needed 5 feet to come to a stop, from a complete stop cuz it would push me forward haha...also at wot its more fluid and when i floored it, when i shifted into 3rd gear, i chirped my rear tires...after i had my ecu reset, the car calmed down, noticed my mpgs when up ...my conclusion is that this is a great mod to do if u have experiences with a dremel, the oem set up is very restrictive since the lexus IS is a mass production car, and the throttle body is very similar to the scion tc throttle body :/

another factor is that the more mods u have on exhaust system such as headers and catback, the better the result is

ill be working on the intake inlet this weekend, i ordered carbon fiber instead of fiberglass since it takes the same amount of time to do, should be done next week
Old 10-30-10, 02:47 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vinconist
also i installed my PP throttle body back on and was pretty surprised, i didnt reset the ecu to see if it made a difference and the result was dramatic, my engine idled at 2500 rpm and when my car down shifted, it accelerated, kinda scary cuz i needed 5 feet to come to a stop, from a complete stop cuz it would push me forward haha...also at wot its more fluid and when i floored it, when i shifted into 3rd gear, i chirped my rear tires...after i had my ecu reset, the car calmed down, noticed my mpgs when up ...my conclusion is that this is a great mod to do if u have experiences with a dremel, the oem set up is very restrictive since the lexus IS is a mass production car, and the throttle body is very similar to the scion tc throttle body :/
wait so im confused, can u rephrase what u wrote, and also after u reset ur ecu, did u feel any difference in acceleration. What do u mean by its more fluid a WOT as well? does it get rid of that lag we experience when we foor it? Overall u thought it was a great mod why?
Old 10-30-10, 10:29 AM
vinconist
Pole Position

after i reset the ecu i felt a little difference in acceleration but nothing thats too noticeable, probably 1-2 bhp at most, plus i read on the scion forums somewhere that one guy dynoed his after and it was like 4bhp increase, of course it all comes down to what you have done to the exhaust, the more the better...more fluid at wot as in theres a shutter when u go at wot from my intake before, now its gone and i can only hear my exhaust tone, this shutter is probably caused by the turbulence created by the inefficient throttle body, the lag is the big difference, theres less lag now, probably cut the lag in half, and im planing on cleaning and polishing my intake manifold later on, it pretty dirty in there which would eliminate more lag, i thought this was a great mod because its something u can do in 4 ot 5 hours and ull feel the difference, it increases hp and mpgs, and best part is that it cost like 20 bucks in materials, 20 bucks for 1-2 bhp is pretty good
Old 01-04-11, 08:29 PM
vinconist
Pole Position

well been a while since i did a update, been busy, kinda put the headlight thing off, but i finished it a few days ago, just need to install it on to my car

here the pp throttle body after 1k, still nice and clean
Old 01-04-11, 08:36 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

very very niice
Old 01-04-11, 08:39 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Wow very cool, I like the headlight inlet. Did you custom mold the carbon fiber inlet in there. And what hp gains have you seen from the throttle body. Post up some pics after the install.
Old 01-04-11, 08:57 PM
vinconist
Pole Position

ya its custom molded, made a mess in the garage, the pp tb gave the car better response, dont know bout hp since it probably very minimum, although there was a huge difference between what intakes i used...the joez with blitz filter had a rough idle, like are 1.2k, when i put in my top fuel intake, it went down to 800rpms
Old 01-04-11, 09:04 PM
guacamole
Pole Position

wow, nice projects you have going on.
Old 01-04-11, 10:06 PM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

YOU STOLE MY HEAD LIGHT IDEA !!!! I m gettin the same thing done to mines as we speak =(
Old 01-04-11, 10:06 PM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

i m jokin bro... looks good atleast ur doin it on ur own
mad props
Old 01-04-11, 11:02 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Imnutz4jdm
YOU STOLE MY HEAD LIGHT IDEA !!!! I m gettin the same thing done to mines as we speak =(
I had the same idea about 2 years ago when I started squeezing.. I dont think anyone can take credit but him cause he did it first lol

Quick Reply: A few weekend projects, teaser pics :P