IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Do you let anybody drive your car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-10, 10:38 PM
jbounnoi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

only person is.. my gf.. is when im donnnnnnnne or tired.. and thats if im in the car.. if not shes not driving at all! lol

dont trust nobody! let my mom take my car out once before with my old rims and she curbed them..
Old 10-27-10, 11:15 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

parents are a bit older so they don't even wanna get into my ride, but my sis definitely. knows how **** i get about certain things on the roads like speedbumps, potholes, and curbs. cousins, even though they're car enthusiasts, i wont cuz they will most likely push her really hard in short distances, which i hate. i did let the lexus personnel drive it for a maintenance check/LPS work done, and it definitely won't happen again.
Old 10-27-10, 11:19 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cool car

NOBODY!!!!!!! EVER!!! Too low and I don't trut anyone with my baby!
Old 10-27-10, 11:49 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

luckily i have good friends, they dont want to drive my car cuz they dont want to be responsible if they f*** it up.

as for the gf, she cant drive stick so "YAY ME!!!"
Old 10-27-10, 11:57 PM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

First and foremost my GF gets to drive the car when she wants, aside from her only when I've taken it to the dealer. Simple reasons why my friends don't drive it I don't want them to be responsible for damaging anything.

Aside from that I drive most of my friends IS's, believe it or not I'm the only one they trust driving their car.
Old 10-28-10, 12:14 AM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

I almost never let anyone just take it out. The only non-family person who I let drive my car is my close friend. He drives stick, never really got into the whole mod scene, but he knows how to baby a car regardless.
And of course, my dad takes it out every now and then. I mean, it's only fair because his name is on the title of the car. We did it that way because insurance would have been ridiculous if my name was on it.
I've taught a couple people how to drive stick in my car too. It wasn't as bad as it seems. They were pretty good at it; not too much stalling, got out of the parking lot in about half an hour.
Old 10-28-10, 01:03 AM
RickJames1
Lead Lap

the only time ive let anyone drive my car was when i was too sick to drive but even then i put up a fight. i buckled myself in the drivers seat and locked the doors lol
Old 10-28-10, 01:08 AM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the only time i will let someone else drive my car is when i'm dead DRUNK! other then that.. helllllll no! >=P
Old 10-28-10, 01:24 AM
Snubbles
Lexus Test Driver

ehhhhhhhh not too bad i let my friends drive my car
Old 10-28-10, 03:49 AM
rich250x
Pole Position

sometimes on the weekends my dad takes it out in the morning and i get hella paranoid cause he can't tell its lowered and drives it like its a truck over speedbumps and driveways T_T
Old 10-28-10, 05:32 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Haha for the most part, I do not allow anybody to drive my car…hell…I don’t even usually have passengers (Giant domokuns occupy my seats instead hehe):

My bf has driven both of my cars (also have a lowered 94 integra) and phil (phat monkey) from CL has driven my IS…once. Haha but that’s it. luckily, my family are too scared to drive my cars, even if its just to park it hehe lowered cars = scary to them
Old 10-28-10, 05:46 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nmpeter
As long as the person knows how to drive carefully its fine with me.
Agreed. I have no problems letting others drive my car, so long as I'm aware of their driving habits and intentions. If a mistake happens, it's fully insured.

Sadly, many people feel its a glass car, and so they're afraid to drive, even when I ask them to (despite having a great record with their car(s)). Personally, I find it to be a very easy car to drive (on the street), given all the electronic assist. You'd really have to be trying to push it beyond your limits, to get into trouble.
Old 10-28-10, 06:37 AM
OPTiK
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've let one of my best friend and my brother drive. If I know someone is a good driver then I'll let them give my car a spin, if not then good luck! Usually people become cautious when they drive my car since it is a lex
Old 10-28-10, 07:22 AM
lexusis305
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I let my gf drive my car and I take her truck. Its a X-runner all blacked out so its not a bad trade. lol
Old 10-28-10, 07:32 AM
uaaction
Lead Lap

HELL NO!! only let dad go around the block and thats when i out my exhaust on... then when i got my headers.. just to hear how it sounds..

Quick Reply: Do you let anybody drive your car?