ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

i HAVE APPOINTMENT TOMORROW FOR VALUE SPRING RECALL, IT MAKE ME NERVOUS NOW
Old 11-09-10, 06:11 PM
vinconist
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Called the dealer today, they're still working on it, can't find where the knocking is coming from, hopefully they can give me an answer tomorrow
Old 11-10-10, 09:25 AM
vinconist
Pole Position

the dealer says its the cam gears so theyre replacing all of them, but i doubt its that, cam gears cant be making that loud of a knock, i hope its the cam gears though
Old 11-10-10, 10:15 AM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default angst

Yeah, Got the recall notice for the valve springs. Not happy at all about it.
Car runs great, no mysterious noises. Dealer called and said, bring it in, I said well, I don't know.
I made it through the steering rack replacement ok, and new bolts in the rear calipers.
Ignored the floor-mat, accelerator pedal/software change (notice I didn't say upgrade)
I hate to trade, ordered this car new in Oct, 2005.

what will be next. This valve spring recall is so disheartening. I was told if I don't have the recall done, then the new 6 year 100k power train warranty is not available. Grrrrrrrr.
Old 11-10-10, 10:52 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vinconist
the dealer says its the cam gears so theyre replacing all of them, but i doubt its that, cam gears cant be making that loud of a knock, i hope its the cam gears though
so wait is that something they messed up while doing the recall work or are they sayin this is a completely different problem?
Old 11-10-10, 11:33 AM
E6BAV8R
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ki11switch
Makes me think should I even do mine.
A good portion of us decided not to do the recall work, as it doesn't actually address the problem (the problem will come back), and we don't want our engines being torn apart for a problem that really won't get fixed and adding a chance something else will then get messed up. Proof of that in this thread.
Old 11-10-10, 12:02 PM
vinconist
Pole Position

Just got a call, like I thought, it's not the cam gears, they used a new cam gear from a 2010 is350 and didn't work, now they're gona looking into the pistons which means more tearing into my engine, and if that doesn't work, they're gona see if it's the block
Old 11-10-10, 12:03 PM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

maybe Lexus needs a recall to their recall.. LOL
Old 11-10-10, 12:20 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by E6BAV8R
A good portion of us decided not to do the recall work, as it doesn't actually address the problem (the problem will come back), and we don't want our engines being torn apart for a problem that really won't get fixed and adding a chance something else will then get messed up. Proof of that in this thread.
I think you might be confusing two different things.

The problem some folks think comes back after engine work is the cam gear rattle. Which isn't a recall BTW.

This thread was about the valve spring recall, which wouldn't "come back" after putting thicker springs in the car.
Old 11-10-10, 12:37 PM
vinconist
Pole Position

Ya, I had the cam gear work done 8 months ago, rattle still came back but this for sure isn't a cam gear problem, and this is a recall on a recall haha, this is the second time they replaced my springs cuz I was one of the first to have my springs replaced, watever it is, it's getting more and more serious
Old 11-10-10, 05:33 PM
vinconist
Pole Position

damn got some bad news, looks like my cars gona be in at the dealer for a while, they still dont know whats wrong with it and theyre gona take out the block tonight and the entire engine apart probably tomorrow, they want to know exactly whats wrong with it so it doesnt happen again in the future which means my car might be a future recall for u guys :/...my cars gona be torn up more and im gona lose all my coolant and my enoes oil, the bright side of all this is that ive been working out my caffs biking to school every day should be able to dunk by the end of this, ill let u guys know on that too haha
Old 11-10-10, 08:57 PM
msubee
Rookie

damn, i just got a recall notice today. It makes me confused whether to come to the stealership or not.
Old 11-11-10, 06:14 AM
spicaly
Driver

Originally Posted by vinconist
damn got some bad news, looks like my cars gona be in at the dealer for a while, they still dont know whats wrong with it and theyre gona take out the block tonight and the entire engine apart probably tomorrow, they want to know exactly whats wrong with it so it doesnt happen again in the future which means my car might be a future recall for u guys :/...my cars gona be torn up more and im gona lose all my coolant and my enoes oil, the bright side of all this is that ive been working out my caffs biking to school every day should be able to dunk by the end of this, ill let u guys know on that too haha
dosnt your dealer give loaners? mine will pretty much give you one for anything taking more than 2 hours of labor
Old 11-11-10, 10:07 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Ive read that some dealers wont give a loaner if youre not old enough. I think it's 25 but can't remember

Quick Reply: Car stalled after recall work