IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Before and After - Rebuilt

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-10, 06:59 PM
meangene
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bottledfed
Bought a 2010 ES350 w/ 300 miles on it today...new project.
Nice I wish I could find something like that to work on in orlando
Old 11-17-10, 02:54 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Does it now have a salvage title?
Old 11-17-10, 05:04 PM
Bottledfed
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF
Does it now have a salvage title?
Salvage titled vehicles are not permitted on US roads, the are issued salvage once totaled but when revived they are issued rebuilt titles.
Old 11-17-10, 08:34 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So when one buys cars from a dealer,where in the paperwork is the title mentioned?
I don't seem to recall any place.
Old 11-18-10, 05:25 AM
Bottledfed
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chikoo
So when one buys cars from a dealer,where in the paperwork is the title mentioned?
I don't seem to recall any place.
It doesn't have to be written anywhere in the paperwork. It will be on the title itself. The only true way to know if it was a salvage car is to ask to see the current title and look at the wording on the title, it will say clear/salvage/rebuilt. Some states use a different colored title like Michigan to state the cars status. BUT beware I've seen a way to bring a car from salvage to clear title. It was the ugly G Class mercedes we had one come in from Georgia, all they put was in the bottom right corner "Salvage" but the yard put a sticker on the title for their inventory purposes. The new owner took the sticker off and put it over top the "savlage" part and Michigan issued it a clear title. So in this case the carfax will show clear title. because all he had to do is call carfax and fax them a copy on the current tit;es saying you made a mistake before.
Old 11-18-10, 05:46 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

It doesn't have to be written anywhere in the paperwork. It will be on the title itself. The only true way to know if it was a salvage car is to ask to see the current title and look at the wording on the title, it will say clear/salvage/rebuilt. Some states use a different colored title like Michigan to state the cars status. BUT beware I've seen a way to bring a car from salvage to clear title. It was the ugly G Class mercedes we had one come in from Georgia, all they put was in the bottom right corner "Salvage" but the yard put a sticker on the title for their inventory purposes. The new owner took the sticker off and put it over top the "savlage" part and Michigan issued it a clear title. So in this case the carfax will show clear title. because all he had to do is call carfax and fax them a copy on the current tit;es saying you made a mistake before.
Wow I've heard that if you bring a car to a different state sometimes they reissue the title as clean.
Old 11-18-10, 09:36 AM
pli
Lead Lap

beautiful work bro! id love to find people like you around my area to do work on my car.
Old 11-18-10, 10:16 AM
Bottledfed
Pole Position

Originally Posted by meangene
Wow I've heard that if you bring a car to a different state sometimes they reissue the title as clean.
Correctr people who work at the DMV/ secratary of state aren't educated in ther states titles so they don't know how to identify a clear/rebuilt title

Originally Posted by pli
beautiful work bro! id love to find people like you around my area to do work on my car.
I'm in Lombard area
Old 11-18-10, 10:51 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's not a clip on, it's just vinyl. I got it through a buddy who owns a vinyl shop. I have a ton left over if you want your stuff wrapped.
Can I have some of that Vinyl? Thanks!