IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Stupid Kids and my Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-10, 10:45 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by trixxx519
why would the OP want to be their friend??
sorry just doesn't make too much sense to me
that is just my philosophy.
Such kids will take extremely good care of you and your property IF you treat them with care.
Old 11-10-10, 10:51 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

When are you are stuck living in the same complex with others, you have to think out of the box and take a different approach. Because these kids will be around your car again, you have to think about how what you say or do will impact what could happen next. I learned this the hard way when I was approaching home and a guy cut me off about a block away. I gave him the high beams and of course he didn't like that. So here I am about to turn into the driveway of where I live and now he can see where I park my car (luckly we parted ways). I learned real quick I can't be doing anything like that near where I live. Same with the OP's story. The approach to take is to get on their level and try to tell them in a "bro" kind of way that the car means a lot to you and if it got scratched you'd feel really bad. Or make it sound like the car is all you have and if something happened to it, you'd be out $. There's more of a chance of getting through to them this way.
About the root of the behavior.... it's the parent's not doing their job and not teaching kids to be respectful. The kids are only running with what they are given in their home. Screwed up parents = screwed up kids. Should be a law against having kids if you are a d-wad, but d-wads don't have the capacity to know they are d-wads.
Old 11-10-10, 11:00 PM
relaxfoo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't there is a solution to this. Kids will be kids...when I was a kid I use to light fireworks around my neighbors cars. One rocket actually went under a car before it exploded, that was the first time in my life I was like SHHH^%$@@#@TTTT!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I would still beat a 12 year old's *** for sitting on my car.

Last edited by relaxfoo; 11-10-10 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-10-10, 11:08 PM
shreyasb
Driver School Candidate

Yeah this is seriously not a laughing matter. When random people touch my car I get pretty mad. I would've done something similar.

Hope you move into your new house soon haha.

I blame the economy.
Old 11-11-10, 03:35 AM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly where in FL is this "luxury" apartment complex, so we'll all know where NOT to move. Hopefully they finish your house soon so you can get out of there, I would be paranoid about retaliation against my car.
Old 11-11-10, 05:11 AM
Rattltrunk
Rookie

Find some Marines, give them a case of beer and they will take of it....
Old 11-11-10, 05:29 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If the parent does not care I say next time you see them smoking you call child services. I'm sure they will make the parents day a nightmare.
Old 11-11-10, 05:44 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by B16da9
If the parent does not care I say next time you see them smoking you call child services. I'm sure they will make the parents day a nightmare.
yea because thats what you want to do why get into other peoples business thats not yours?

op should have just told the kids nicely to get off the car. being a **** is going to come back. post pics of the newly installed brick in the windshield.
Old 11-11-10, 07:13 AM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
yea because thats what you want to do why get into other peoples business thats not yours?

op should have just told the kids nicely to get off the car. being a **** is going to come back. post pics of the newly installed brick in the windshield.
Ethics these days...People telling on one another like its 2nd grade...Yeah he should not have sat on your car but you snitched....FAIL
Old 11-11-10, 07:34 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Waste of time talkin to the parents bec if the kids are sittin on peoples car then its fairly obvious that they are lacking some home training... which means the parents won't even care like he didn't... who knows what they really would of done in the OP situation??? You never know till it happens. With that said I THINK I woulda told these lil kids that it ain't cool to be chillin on my ride. These are 16yr old kids. You have more to loose than them should of tried to not make a big deal out of it if there was no damage. But what's done is done and I hope you don't have to post the pic with the brick in ur window lol. GL
Old 11-11-10, 07:42 AM
m3nv
Pole Position

LOL, I cant believe you told the Dad his kid was smoking! haha thats hilarious
Old 11-11-10, 07:50 AM
Thr3350
Pole Position

Should of ran out there without the shorts. Haha Guarantee they wouldn't come back.
Old 11-11-10, 08:28 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Thr3350
Should of ran out there without the shorts. Haha Guarantee they wouldn't come back.
LOL - best suggestion yet! And probably the most effective one, too.
Old 11-11-10, 08:57 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Thr3350
This is to funny
Old 11-11-10, 09:07 AM
Fisher
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MDOTM
Okay so I will answer some questions in these posts..

I am from FL. I actually had a garage my hole life but I just switched to this other apartment for a year and im having a house built early next year. I actually told that dad that nothing better happen to my car cause I know where everyone lives.(He actually was like nothing will happen to it ) I really don't feel I went over board it's pretty said that I look out my window is as much as I do and finally caught them doing some dum crap. I'm sorry but I work hard for my money and I never disrespect someones property like that. I would never sit on my trunk and I baby my car just as I did my Supra. Someone said I should park farther away but Im in the corner of the complex in the front and that is the safest place to park it and it's right in front of my place. My girl went to the office this morning to complain and there has been other people that say those kids are driving people nuts with there skateboards at night. I think they are like 16.
My .02:
I'm kind of on the fence here, do I think you maybe went overboard by talking to his dad, yes. Could it have possibly helped if his dad was a decent parent, most certainly.
I say the next time you see them outside smoking cigarrettes you call the cops and tell them some kids are smoking drugs out in the parking lot. The cops will definitely show if you say you think they are doing drugs. When the cops show up and discover it's just cigarrettes I would assume they will write the kids a ticket for underage tobacco use. Maybe once his dad has to start paying money out of his pocket for his dumba$$ kid he will rethink his parenting, or lack thereof, strategy. I feel it's time to start playing dirty since more than likely they will eff with your car now.
GL, I hope your house is finished earlier than expected.

Quick Reply: Stupid Kids and my Lexus