IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New IS250 Owner from CT

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-10, 07:56 PM
Acingteam
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New IS250 Owner from CT

Hey guys! I could've sworn I saw a welcome section here somewhere, but can't find it anymore... maybe it was another forum I was looking at before registering here

Anyways, my name's Igor. I've been into cars forever now, my previous car before this was an '05 Subaru Impreza WRX. I had a lot of money into performance and it was a pretty quick car.

I've decided to "grow up" a little and picked up this '08 Lexus IS250 AWD in Smokey Granite. So far, I absolutely love the car and all the features it comes with. My plans for it are: wheels, drop, lip kit, axle-back exhaust and that's it. Simple and just for looks.

Anyways, I'm into photography... so here are some pictures I've taken of this baby so far. All 100% stock except for some tints.

And this was my baby before I sold it and stepped up my game a little:

Thanks guys, I'm hoping to stick around for a while!

Last edited by Acingteam; 11-22-10 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-19-10, 08:02 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus

Looks like you found a nice clean IS, enjoy it! Your WRX and your photo skills are sharp

Let the modding begin......
Old 11-19-10, 08:08 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Welcome to CL nice photo's of the WRX.
Old 11-19-10, 08:50 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

clean 2is and welcome to CL.. and let the modding begin x2
Old 11-19-10, 10:40 PM
relaxfoo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome, nice color...I think you will miss the power.
Old 11-19-10, 10:49 PM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to CL!
Old 11-19-10, 10:53 PM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome, where in CT are you from?
Old 11-19-10, 11:25 PM
Acingteam
Intermediate

Thanks everyone! I definitely do miss the power... but... I'm also becoming extremely lazy with this car. I also miss my stick shift, but what can you do...

Originally Posted by BounceNY
Welcome, where in CT are you from?
Thanks man, I live in New Milford (not too far from Danbury)... what about you?
Old 11-19-10, 11:33 PM
lexusis305
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to cl
Old 11-20-10, 04:47 AM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Acingteam
Thanks man, I live in New Milford (not too far from Danbury)... what about you?
I'm near the New Haven area.
Old 11-20-10, 06:32 AM
Sperry
Driver School Candidate

I was just looking at that same IS from Bourne's! I saw that they have been steadily lowering the price on it so I am sure you got an excellent deal. Were you able to haggle the price lower than what they were asking/how receptive are they to price negotiation? Fair trade in value (if you traded the WRX)?

Congrats though, she looks sharp!
Old 11-20-10, 07:21 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to CL. Looks like you have some great photo skills cause the pics of the WRX are sick and you have some modding skills as well. Good luck with hour new baby and check the classifieds for nice used parts.
Old 11-20-10, 09:25 AM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Welcome to CL. Great pics and happy modding.
Old 11-20-10, 01:36 PM
Acingteam
Intermediate

Thanks guys! I definitely checked out a few different forums before I joined this one, this one definitely seems to be one of the better ones.

Originally Posted by BounceNY
I'm near the New Haven area.
Oh... are you having fun with those roads? They're like some of the worst in the state!

Originally Posted by Sperry
I was just looking at that same IS from Bourne's! I saw that they have been steadily lowering the price on it so I am sure you got an excellent deal. Were you able to haggle the price lower than what they were asking/how receptive are they to price negotiation? Fair trade in value (if you traded the WRX)?

Congrats though, she looks sharp!
Thanks man. Did you see the car in person? The exterior was definitely not perfect... it had many little scratches throughout the whole car. And it has these guards on the front bumper and doors (which are very annoying), and every single rim is curbed. The person before me definitely drove in NYC. The good news is that because of all that I got a great deal on it... I also took it to a detail shop and they said they would be able to get rid of many of the scratches since most of them aren't too deep.

Anyways, it was an '08 with 47k miles on it and I got it for $19,990 (before the tax and registration). I love it, it's the perfect color combination I've been looking for (smokey granite with black leather). They would NOT drop a dime... I tried lol. And no, I didn't trade my WRX in, I sold it privately. I got a lot more for it that way.

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Welcome to CL. Looks like you have some great photo skills cause the pics of the WRX are sick and you have some modding skills as well. Good luck with hour new baby and check the classifieds for nice used parts.
Thanks bud. I'm really happy to begin a new project again. I will start next year early in the spring, but for now I'm definitely having it detailed and having the tints redone. I will check out that section, thanks!
Old 11-20-10, 01:51 PM
Sperry
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Acingteam
Thanks man. Did you see the car in person? The exterior was definitely not perfect... it had many little scratches throughout the whole car. And it has these guards on the front bumper and doors (which are very annoying), and every single rim is curbed. The person before me definitely drove in NYC. The good news is that because of all that I got a great deal on it... I also took it to a detail shop and they said they would be able to get rid of many of the scratches since most of them aren't too deep.

Anyways, it was an '08 with 47k miles on it and I got it for $19,990 (before the tax and registration). I love it, it's the perfect color combination I've been looking for (smokey granite with black leather). They would NOT drop a dime... I tried lol.
Yes I saw it in person and can vouch for what you are saying. I understand why they did not drop the price any more for you- they had listed the car a few months ago at 24k and have been steadily lowering the price on it, I am sure with all of their expenses that they had very little wiggle room left with the car. They had two IS250s- yours and another grey base model with ugly pin stripes, both priced the same last I checked. I had asked them if they would do any lower and they said they couldnt move much (this was when the car was priced at $24k haha ). I love the color, have a 4Runner in the same color but am looking for a silver (easy to clean) IS250. You definitely got a good deal though!

PS your pictures make the car look showroom & I like the de-badged look

Quick Reply: New IS250 Owner from CT