IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Is it worth to get the F-Sport package on the 250?
Yes, Get it!
30.43%
No, it's a waste of money!
34.78%
It's personal preference, Do what you like.
34.78%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Is the new 2011 IS250 F-Sport Package worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-10, 05:10 AM
scolly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Is the new 2011 IS250 F-Sport Package worth it?

I'd appreciate if the CL community can offer their thoughts.
If you could answer all my questions that would be awesome!
I thank you in advance.

Is the new 2011 IS250 F-Sport package worth what it is over a regular IS with Navi and Premium Package?

Would it make more sense to add performance mods yourself rather than buying the F-Sport Package?

The reason I ask is I personally like the steering wheel, suspension (driving feel such as the heavier wheel and more control)and the shift **** in the package but I dislike the rims and the suede seats that come with the car (if you guys can persuade me, please do!). I also dislike the fact that it doesn't come with ventilated seats.
I also noticed that the shift **** is different than the one in the F-Sport accessories equipment sold on the website. Is it possible to replace the steering wheel and the specific ****?

Which leads me to the question that matters...Is the suspension on the F-Sport package only unique to the package?

As in..does anyone know if the suspension on the new 2011 F-Sport package is the same as the F-Sport Springs and F-Sport Shocks that they sell as accessories to install on normal IS's?

On the Lexus website they say that the "suspension system is tuned by the same team that engineered the first Lexus supercar, the LFA."
http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/featu...e_package.html

OH! and resale is on my mind between a IS with and without the F-Sport Package.

Thank you for your time and input.
Old 12-02-10, 05:40 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

I'm pretty sure you can order the steering wheel and shift **** from sewells
Old 12-02-10, 06:27 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

for the $$$ I think you can get equivalent/better after market parts for less money. Also the F-sport shift know and steering wheel can be purchased from Sewell so I would just do that, especially since you do not like the seats.
Old 12-02-10, 07:20 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,896 Likes on 1,337 Posts

Originally Posted by scolly
As in..does anyone know if the suspension on the new 2011 F-Sport package is the same as the F-Sport Springs and F-Sport Shocks that they sell as accessories to install on normal IS's?
It is not the same as the accessory F-Sport equipment that includes:

Springs, Shocks, Sways, and an underbody Brace

Lexus Describes it as:

Sport-Tuned Suspension
With the use of springs and shocks with stiffer rates, sport-tuned suspension gives the driver greater feedback from the road and decreases body sway.
So it appears to have stiffer springs and shocks only. It is my understanding that the F-Sport equipment is made of the North American market only, and is therefore unable in Japan. Also, the F-Sport accessory Springs are described as Lowering Springs in the F-Sport brochure. The height specifications for the F-Sport ISX50 does not change for the F-Sport model.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 12-02-10 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-02-10, 07:32 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking at one last night... they changed the wood grain out to some silver stuff??? Like the first years of the 2IS it looks like.... hated it. Don't think I could live with out ventilated seats since its one of the things that made me choose Lex over the other cars I was considering... if I were in your positiong I would get one with nav and prem package and add the stuff u actually like. The interior looks much better to me atleast GL with ur decision
Old 12-02-10, 07:53 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Drove it at a Lexus event, the F sport Is is much better handling car. The seats hold you real well and the car feels much more conifdent.
Old 12-02-10, 08:35 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The dealership I went to said they could take a regular 2011 IS that has ventilated seats, etc. and outfit it with the F-Sport package appearance parts. Or you can look on Sewell for these parts of just go aftermarket like some other people said.

I had a chance to test drive the 2011 IS250 F-Sport. It felt like the F-Sport package is more of a visual package. I couldn't really tell about the suspension but that was just me since I'm not a big expert.

I got a 2011 IS350 F-Sport ordered and I was not going to pay MSRP for it so I made sure to knock the price down first.
Old 12-02-10, 08:37 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wunko
The dealership I went to said they could take a regular 2011 IS that has ventilated seats, etc. and outfit it with the F-Sport package appearance parts. Or you can look on Sewell for these parts of just go aftermarket like some other people said.

I had a chance to test drive the 2011 IS250 F-Sport. It felt like the F-Sport package is more of a visual package. I couldn't really tell about the suspension but that was just me since I'm not a big expert.

I got a 2011 IS350 F-Sport ordered and I was not going to pay MSRP for it so I made sure to knock the price down first.
Well we were actually testing the normal IS vs the F sport one on a timed autocross to win a hot lap on the LFA, so we were really pushing it.

In the F sport one I was doing good, and I knew I can push it a bit more for a faster time... but the timed lap was in the normal IS and when I pushed it a bit more I fell off the track lol
Old 12-02-10, 09:40 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

No its not worth it, do what i did, buying stock car and order from sewell, all the Fsport parts that u need or wants, and install yourself and save bunch of $$$, u can get just about anything there
Old 12-02-10, 11:08 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't waste your $. Just get the accessories you want and need at your own pace. Good luck!
Old 12-02-10, 11:11 AM
vinconist
Pole Position

just get a used is350 with low miles
Old 12-02-10, 01:43 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it is so expensive, id MUCH MUCH rather buy an used 08 ISF.
Old 12-02-10, 04:50 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used ISF or find an 09 with X-PACK. I bet the suspensions are the same or very close.
Old 12-03-10, 12:04 AM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<<Coming from a 2010 is350 owner. I think is worth it, if you're planning on just getting the NEW 250. For $2440 you get the 18 inch rims(f-sport), is-f seats look alike, better tuned suspension, and much much more. heres the link if y'all want to look at the rest of the package http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html. I think is well worth $2440, hands down! the f-sport package is basically a sport package from the pre-2011's model with much more adds on.
Old 12-03-10, 12:34 AM
Euroteck
Former Sponsor

i think its a must!

Quick Reply: Is the new 2011 IS250 F-Sport Package worth it?