IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New to the forum and possibly new IS 350 owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-10 | 02:47 PM
HFBamafan
Driver School Candidate

Default New to the forum and possibly new IS 350 owner

My name is Hunter I am 26 years old and work as a controller at a hospice in Atlanta.

My Tahoe is pissing me off, and decided that an IS 350 is a perfect entry level performance/luxury to suit my tastes.

It is going to be Smoky Granite Micah with Black Perforated Leather Trim with Dark Gray Bird's-Eye Maple Accent interior.

Nav and all the extras that I need.

I will be going to take a couple of hours off of work tomorrow to trade in and pickup my vehicle.

This is going to be an awesome ride.

Thanks,
Hunter
Old 12-12-10 | 02:56 PM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to CL. You are going to love the 350. SGM is a great color. Post up some pics when you get your new ride
Old 12-12-10 | 02:58 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to the forum hunter ! Your going to love the Is350
Old 12-12-10 | 02:58 PM
HFBamafan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by A1Lexis
Welcome to CL. You are going to love the 350. SGM is a great color. Post up some pics when you get your new ride
Thanks for the intro and definitely will!

If I put ISF exhaust and intake into my car will it void my warranty and what kind of break in time should I allow.

Last edited by HFBamafan; 12-12-10 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-12-10 | 03:17 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

sweet! cant wait to see it
Old 12-12-10 | 05:00 PM
Raralith
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HFBamafan
If I put ISF exhaust and intake into my car will it void my warranty and what kind of break in time should I allow.
If you wanted the dual/dual exhaust from the ISF, I should tell you that they are fake and just for looks, but can be done if you convert your bumper . Also, the ISF intake is different than the IS 350. That being said, you can buy the "F Sport" performance parts which is the aftermarket arm of Lexus (think Toyota and TRD). As for warranty, you cannot be denied warranty unless it is the cause of the problem; e.g., installing an intake and than getting brake problems will not void your warranty since the two are not related. The good thing about buying F Sport, and having them installed at the dealership is that you'll get a lifetime warranty on that part. Other than that, you can find better and/or cheaper aftermarket parts albiet there isn't much to do.
Old 12-12-10 | 05:04 PM
ISThree
Lead Lap

bring that new baby home and post some pix!
Old 12-12-10 | 05:07 PM
HFBamafan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISThree
bring that new baby home and post some pix!
Just emailed my dealer and told him that I should be in around 1PM to take a look at my trade in. I will let everyone know what happens.

Thanks
Old 12-12-10 | 05:07 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Raralith
The good thing about buying F Sport, and having them installed at the dealership is that you'll get a lifetime warranty on that part. Other than that, you can find better and/or cheaper aftermarket parts albiet there isn't much to do.
Not quite... the warranty on F-sport parts is either:

1 year if you don't have the dealer install

or

The remainder of your factory vehicle warranty (however long that is, up to 4 yr/50k miles if it's a brand new car) if you have the dealer install it.

And that's just the warranty on those parts. Mods have nothing at all to do with your vehicle warranty unless the mod causes a problem with the car... which as you note only that problem wouldn't be warrantied, anything else still would be.

However, since neither mod has any moving parts there's really nothing that can go wrong with them once they're installed... so it's not really worth spending hundreds more on the dealer install versus spending an hour and doing it yourself for free.... or buying other branded intakes that are cheaper and provide the same gains... (Joe Z intake and Tanabe exhaust for example are both about half the cost of the F-sport intake and exhaust for identical performance gains).
Old 12-12-10 | 05:09 PM
HFBamafan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Not quite... the warranty on F-sport parts is either:

1 year if you don't have the dealer install

or

The remainder of your factory vehicle warranty (however long that is, up to 4 yr/50k miles if it's a brand new car) if you have the dealer install it.

And that's just the warranty on those parts. Mods have nothing at all to do with your vehicle warranty unless the mod causes a problem with the car... which as you note only that problem wouldn't be warrantied, anything else still would be.

However, since neither mod has any moving parts there's really nothing that can go wrong with them once they're installed... so it's not really worth spending hundreds more on the dealer install versus spending an hour and doing it yourself for free.... or buying other branded intakes that are cheaper and provide the same gains... (Joe Z intake and Tanabe exhaust for example are both about half the cost of the F-sport intake and exhaust for identical performance gains).
Do the mods give increased performance or are they just for show?
Old 12-12-10 | 05:17 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

My name is Hunter I am 26 years old and work as a controller at a hospice in Atlanta.

My Tahoe is pissing me off, and decided that an IS 350 is a perfect entry level performance/luxury to suit my tastes.

It is going to be Smoky Granite Micah with Black Perforated Leather Trim with Dark Gray Bird's-Eye Maple Accent interior.

Nav and all the extras that I need.

I will be going to take a couple of hours off of work tomorrow to trade in and pickup my vehicle.

This is going to be an awesome ride.

Thanks,
Hunter
niiice choice.. gl with the purchase
Old 12-12-10 | 05:19 PM
HFBamafan
Driver School Candidate

BTW, if anyone uses USAA I am getting 6700 off MSRP financing with 5.25% for 60 months.

Getting if for 40200 before TTT, ist that a good deal?

No hassle, I love it
Old 12-12-10 | 06:54 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Do the mods give increased performance or are they just for show?
Intake is about 5 hp, exhaust is about 7.

Which isn't a ton, but it's literally all you can do to add hp to an IS350 legally.

(speaking of- the tanabe'll work in all 50 states... the Joe Z however won't be legal in California- that's the one place the F-sport would be worth the extra $ if you want want to swap intakes every inspection)
Old 12-12-10 | 07:10 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

welcome and nice choice
Old 12-12-10 | 09:45 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

If you like the IS-F rear you might as well just get a IS-F. One of my regret is not waiting for the IS-F. I bought the IS350 when the IS-F just came out and had a 10k mark up.

Quick Reply: New to the forum and possibly new IS 350 owner