Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^^^^^^
I agree,i will gladly trade my 10's for some 12's
Old 06-12-12, 08:38 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know people who will gladly trade you headlights and some cash. Turning of the LEDs cause you don't wanna be a wannabe Audi :-/ that's just silly. Every auto maker uses other technology from each hell ferrari uses caddy magnetic suspension , corvettes use Ferrari brakes. And gtrs use Porsche technology. It's all business in the end. Just cause you are the first to do something in a industry doesn't mine you will be the only one to do it. Everything evolves . I dont see anybody popping there hids out the car and going back to halogens cause euro cars started that trend
Old 06-12-12, 09:17 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

So who with 2011-2012 headlights wanna trade me???
I'll throw down some cash on top of course
http://public.fotki.com/remydee/the-is-journal/

Old 06-12-12, 09:37 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Talking

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD

I would love to see how many offers you get. Lol I am gonna go with none ... I think those guys are just talking I find it hard to believe you gonna get a 60k car and start turning off marquee features
Old 06-12-12, 09:59 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by stasis3131
I would love to see how many offers you get. Lol I am gonna go with none ... I think those guys are just talking I find it hard to believe you gonna get a 60k car and start turning off marquee features
exactly, sounds ridiculous to me. Also I believe there were some members that bought the 11-12's without the LED headlights too
Old 06-12-12, 10:19 PM
dci4life
Pole Position

Heres my .02 to this topic. Yeah. Not a fan of LED strips. But yes I have some. I have the Vais-tech V-line. They look good. Only $100. I installed them myself. And am glad for my decision. I couldnt afford the $2k for the '11 headlights. At night they look sick. In the daytime yeah if you know they are there. You can see a black strip with small yellow dots (where the led is). Honestly not that bad. I didn't wanna rip open my headlight to install them that way. Then worry about re-sealing them. Not worth it to me. If you want the look of LED. Either spend the $2k or don't worry what other people think and get the V-line's.
Old 06-12-12, 11:17 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

I know people who will gladly trade you headlights and some cash. Turning of the LEDs cause you don't wanna be a wannabe Audi :-/ that's just silly. Every auto maker uses other technology from each hell ferrari uses caddy magnetic suspension , corvettes use Ferrari brakes. And gtrs use Porsche technology. It's all business in the end. Just cause you are the first to do something in a industry doesn't mine you will be the only one to do it. Everything evolves . I dont see anybody popping there hids out the car and going back to halogens cause euro cars started that trend
I think the difference is most of the things you mention aren't aesthetic changes and there are hundreds of different ways Lexus could implement daytime running LED's. In my mind, it's almost (but not quite) like taking the Audi grill and putting it on a Lexus.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like the new headlights, but I totally understand why some people don't...and part of me wishes Lexus would have implemented a little something more original (and definitely kept the AFS).
Old 06-12-12, 11:37 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

I thought BMW started that whole afs thing. I had the afs in my Lexus before I swapped lights and it barely did anything . I had a bmw 650 and the headlights actually helped alot in the turns. but I see were you coming from . But at the end of the day Lexus and everyone else that jumped on the led band wagon made a great business decision . I m sure it's paying off greatly for all car makers that followed that trend. I myself wanted the led head lights before Lexus did them but I really didn't like Audi all that much so it worked out for me.
Old 06-13-12, 12:23 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I dont see anybody popping there hids out the car and going back to halogens cause euro cars started that trend
I agree. I was thinking the same thing about HID headlights and how most all these luxury cars including Lexus has them now.

Inventing something original or unique is still not a bad thing though.
Old 06-13-12, 07:58 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dci4life
Heres my .02 to this topic. Yeah. Not a fan of LED strips. But yes I have some. I have the Vais-tech V-line. They look good. Only $100. I installed them myself. And am glad for my decision. I couldnt afford the $2k for the '11 headlights. At night they look sick. In the daytime yeah if you know they are there. You can see a black strip with small yellow dots (where the led is). Honestly not that bad. I didn't wanna rip open my headlight to install them that way. Then worry about re-sealing them. Not worth it to me. If you want the look of LED. Either spend the $2k or don't worry what other people think and get the V-line's.
can you post pics, please?
Old 06-13-12, 08:14 AM
WIZARD1325
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I like them and would put on my car if i had an endless supply of cash
Old 06-13-12, 08:33 AM
lexUSluX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by t0e
Guy's instead of "imitating" lets originate!!!

And hope we don't have to duplicate the beautiful ideas of BMW and Audi..

More modern perhaps?

Very well said, let's originate, not duplicate or immitate. And whats up with that asian chick putting "day time LED's" on her eys??? WTF! She looks like a wannabe AUDI!
Old 06-13-12, 08:42 AM
lexUSluX
Driver School Candidate

I know people who will gladly trade you headlights and some cash. Turning of the LEDs cause you don't wanna be a wannabe Audi :-/ that's just silly. Every auto maker uses other technology from each hell ferrari uses caddy magnetic suspension , corvettes use Ferrari brakes. And gtrs copy Porsche technology. It's all business in the end. Just cause you are the first to do something in a industry doesn't mine you will be the only one to do it. Everything evolves . I dont see anybody popping there hids out the car and going back to halogens cause euro cars started that trend
I know you have a point, however it's a personal thing for me I guess. Being that Audi invented that concept and the reputation Lexus kinda has for duplicating or as others like to call it immitating I just felt more comfortable pulling the plug on them. Anyway it compensates with the wheels I have, and the carbon fiber hood and roof wrapping. If I had the regular IS I would gladly swap it, but having the IS-F I figure if I ever trade it or sell it the next person may want to have the LED's so for that reason I'm going to keep them, only disconnected.
Old 06-13-12, 08:50 AM
lexUSluX
Driver School Candidate

LoL! I actually got a sweet deal on it I took it home for 52k brand new. Like I said earlier it's a personal thing for me I guess. And there is nothing so "Marquee" about it anyway the car is just as cool without them. That's like someone saying Oh the 2008 IS-F ain't marquee because it doesn't have the daytime LED's, thats pretty silly. With that being said Audi invented that concept and the reputation Lexus kinda has for duplicating or as others like to call it immitating I just felt more comfortable pulling the plug on them. Anyway it compensates with the wheels I have, and the carbon fiber hood and roof wrapping. If I had the regular IS I would gladly swap it, but because it's an IS-F I figure if I ever trade it or sell it the next person may want to have the LED's so for that reason I'm going to keep them, only disconnected.
Old 06-13-12, 08:56 AM
lexUSluX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD

LoL, I would man believe me if it were a regular IS but I need to play it safe and keep them incase I trade in or sell the car. I'm affraid it could decrease the value of the car. You should be able to find some online though, I can't imagine that their tha hard to get most of the jdm tuning shops get them or very close looking ones.

Quick Reply: LED headlights strips..