IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dealer Failed Me

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-10, 09:01 AM
carmelite
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Failed Me

I purchased my IS350 in Dec 2008 at a houston dealer-- i live in new orleans. I took the car in for service on jan 17 2009 to dealer in new orleans. took the car back for scheduled maintenance 6 times in 2009. The car was then serviced at at toyota dealer scheduled as required hereafter. I now have a major issue with brake pads, rotors, caliper. My mechanic tells me that there was a major recall in jan 2009 by lexus. i was never notified nor did the dealer at ANY point inform me of this on the many occassions that my car was being maintained by Lexus. i was only informed once that i may need new tires and they gave me a ridiculous quote that i didnt bite. I want to know if Lexus is liable for not informing me of all these major recalls including fuel rail repair, steering,valve spring, fuel delivery pipe. I am terribly upset-- Lexus is going to pick up my vehicle from my mechanic and take to their service center -- what should i expect or do next..., HELP
carmelite is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
Old 12-22-10, 09:39 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I receive all my Lexus recall notices in the mail, and then schedule an appointment with the dealership to have them resolved. Did you not get any?
Old 12-22-10, 09:46 AM
carmelite
Driver School Candidate

I received the brake pedal recall in the mail last year took it in to get it fixed and that was all. Didnt inform me at that time either.
Old 12-22-10, 10:07 AM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They should inform you when you go in as well. As long as your car is still under warranty, they'll do it all for free. I don't understand what the big fuss is about..
If anything else is affected as a result from the recalls they should cover it as well.
Old 12-22-10, 10:38 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You can also see any outstanding campaigns on your vehicle by registering with your VIN at lexus.com
Old 12-22-10, 10:43 AM
dat-is350
Lead Lap

Warranty or not, if it's a recall and your car is affected then they have to fix it. That's if it wasn't already done of course.
Old 12-22-10, 11:12 AM
Grant223
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kurtz
You can also see any outstanding campaigns on your vehicle by registering with your VIN at lexus.com
^ This

And I would give them a chance to make things right, if all else fails you can find a new dealer or contact Lexus USA
Old 12-22-10, 11:54 AM
CrtifiedMD
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, I just registered my car on Lexus.com & reviewed my service history of the VIN... I was surprised and not really in a good way.

I found out the dealer had burns and scratches in the leather fixed by an outside vendor, dents removed, repaint of hood and mirrors... I guess they did a good job since I haven't noticed questionable things, but still wtf!

Regarding the RECALL info; there are no "outstanding" recalls, but why don't they show ANY past recalls on the car, if any? I have an 08 IS250. I was thinking I could get my front brake pads replaced b/c they are dusty as hell, but I'm thinking it doesn't apply to my car now...??
Old 12-22-10, 12:01 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CrtifiedMD
Wow, I just registered my car on Lexus.com & reviewed my service history of the VIN... I was surprised and not really in a good way.

I found out the dealer had burns and scratches in the leather fixed by an outside vendor, dents removed, repaint of hood and mirrors... I guess they did a good job since I haven't noticed questionable things, but still wtf!

Regarding the RECALL info; there are no "outstanding" recalls, but why don't they show ANY past recalls on the car, if any? I have an 08 IS250. I was thinking I could get my front brake pads replaced b/c they are dusty as hell, but I'm thinking it doesn't apply to my car now...??
The brake dust isn't a recall.

A recall is a repair to fix a functional problem offered, actively, to all owners, regardless of warranty.

The brake pad replacement is a TSIB. It's a courtesy replacement, free only under warranty, usually of a cosmetic or aesthetic or non-safety issue (ie brake dust, vibrating rear view, alternator noise on the AUX input, etc) and only if the customer specifically complains about the problem in question.
Old 12-22-10, 12:53 PM
meangene
Lead Lap

If your car was a CPO they typically "clean it up" before they sell them. So they were probably fixing the little things on it and most of the TSBs aren't going to be fixed unless you say you have a problem with it.
Old 12-22-10, 05:36 PM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

IDK why people think dealers are actually the best people to work on their cars. They're mechanics just like everyone else
Old 12-22-10, 08:32 PM
carmelite
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dat-is350
warranty or not, if it's a recall and your car is affected then they have to fix it. That's if it wasn't already done of course.
the dealer actually came tow the car today. They have agreed to change both rotors, brake pads and calipers at no cost. Also will put 2 new tires on the car. They will also fix all the recalls 9la 9lb 9lc and so forth
Old 12-23-10, 07:17 AM
carmelite
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

Originally Posted by JDKane527
They should inform you when you go in as well. As long as your car is still under warranty, they'll do it all for free. I don't understand what the big fuss is about..
If anything else is affected as a result from the recalls they should cover it as well.
the problem is because they didnt fix the recalled issue, it has affected other components. Rotors, brake pads, tire wear--- all due to them not fixing the caliper when i bringing in my car for maintenance and service. This could have been avoided. I purchased tires in Feb this year and they are worn real bad*(I now have to purchase 2 new rear tires that i only put 19000 miles on*) on the r side where the caliper pin wasnt sliding. There is no grease on the caliper which is the reason for the recall.

Last edited by carmelite; 12-23-10 at 07:26 AM.
Old 12-23-10, 07:23 AM
carmelite
Driver School Candidate

Angry

Originally Posted by Grant223
^ This

And I would give them a chance to make things right, if all else fails you can find a new dealer or contact Lexus USA
I have contacted Lexus USA. They informed me that they didnt send a recall to my address. why? not sure-- anyways they made sure the dealer picked up the car and its now there getting new rotors brake pads and the caliper corrected. my brake pads were perfect on the outside but totally worn on the inside! now my tires are also worn and i purchased them in feb of this year and has 19000 miles on the new tires but lexus dealer says there are wires "sticking out"
I guess so if the brakes, rotors, and everything else in the back of the car is in shambles!
Old 12-23-10, 07:24 AM
carmelite
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CrtifiedMD

Is the website to register vin LEXUS.com? I dont see and option there to register the vin

Quick Reply: Dealer Failed Me