IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My new white on white with graphites

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-10, 10:15 PM
CCM03
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful interior! And damn^^thats a sexy car Sffd..
Old 12-27-10, 06:19 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThermonMer
This is the first car i took ownership of (well, a lease). sure beats a metrocard in NYC. It took me forever to find a non-AWD in NY-metro area, but i finally found one, which had been sitting on the lot for 4 months.

starfire on ecru with silver trim. the only option the car had was 18" liquid graphites. very, very sporty. got the thing for WELL under 400/mo w taxes and down pmt rolled in. the least PMTs beat out G37s and C300 by almost 200/mo! the setup is perfect for a miami relocation. couldnt be happier.

here are some shots of the ecru (not mine)

the only thing is that im going to be a crazed maniac over the upkeep of the interior. EVERYTHING is white, unlike the 06-09 cashmere, which had black door elbow rests, center console, etc.

mods to include: lip spoiler, replaced halogen bulbs, yellow fog vinyls, yellow drls, red outs, and either white or black plasti-dip emblems and grille. (depending on how well the white plasti-dip matches the paint)

also, i have no idea how to go about tinting it. dont wanna do black, as only something super dark would get the job done. im thinking of going with a light ceramic, or suntek blue. thoughts?

Hey that's my ecru interior! I find that the leather cleaning wipes don't do a great job cleaning it. I am going to try the bottled cleaner and a microfiber cloth to see if I get better results. Anyway, I picked this car up in Oct 2009 and the interior still looks really good.
Old 12-27-10, 06:28 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by crazybuggy
thats ecru? it does look very white. i have a black interior now on my lease and on my next car which i plan to buy, i want to go with a white interior... dont know if it'll be a good idea cuz it gets dirty quickly. but anyways, i thought light gray was closest to a "white interior". i always found ecru to be more on the beige side? but in those pics, it looks very "white like"....

between ecru and light gray, which is more of a white interior? anyone with pics, please share... would be greatly appreciated!
The ecru is definitely the whiter interior. It is a very light cream color, I love it. I sat in a gray interior when I was looking and it did not look the least bit white to me.
Old 12-27-10, 06:46 AM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wednesday
Hey that's my ecru interior! I find that the leather cleaning wipes don't do a great job cleaning it. I am going to try the bottled cleaner and a microfiber cloth to see if I get better results. Anyway, I picked this car up in Oct 2009 and the interior still looks really good.
haha, sorry. your pics of the ecru were some of the few on the board. its strange that wood grain came along with that package...mine has simple silver inserts in lieu of wood.

also.
1. are you tinted?
2. your sig says GFM. whats the difference btwn "GFM" and starfire pearl? are 2010+ whites "starfire" and <2010 whites "GFM"?...i was always under the assumption that my car was starfire pearl.
Old 12-27-10, 07:12 AM
JMcDonald
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that interior is awesome! I have the cashmere but would rather of had the white and black, very nice man!
Old 12-27-10, 07:24 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2. your sig says GFM. whats the difference btwn "GFM" and starfire pearl? are 2010+ whites "starfire" and <2010 whites "GFM"?...i was always under the assumption that my car was starfire pearl.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ire-pearl.html
Old 12-27-10, 07:40 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

haha, sorry. your pics of the ecru were some of the few on the board. its strange that wood grain came along with that package...mine has simple silver inserts in lieu of wood.

also.
1. are you tinted?
Oh I don't mind you using my pics Mine was not a sport package or a base model so it came with the standard wood.

Starfire Pearl and Glacier Frost Mica are two different colors. GFM has a blue flake in the paint and has been available since 2006.

My car is not tinted.
Old 12-27-10, 09:22 AM
LexFather

Lovely interior
Old 12-27-10, 09:33 AM
lmschuur
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks really nice, I have black interior but since the roof lining and all that is light gray I'm very **** about people touching the oh-***** handle or visor lol. People know that if they get in my car thier hands better be clean.
Old 12-27-10, 10:13 AM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice ecru interior... You were lucky to find a RWD in NYC... Dealers around only keep the AWD in stock.
Old 12-27-10, 11:35 AM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea freakin tristate dealers!!!..... wantd a 350 so bad.... no one had one... FML
Old 12-27-10, 12:25 PM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

just spent 2 hours taking apart my engine bay to install some PIAA replacements for the halogens. what a disaster. looks like ill have to buy a socket wrench and try again later.