IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250 - How slow is it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-10, 09:29 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Haha 100plus you devil, watching things blow up then coming in playing mr neutral
Old 12-29-10, 09:32 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez
Why are you in here other than the intention to provoke?
Provoke? I just said a Civic is indeed faster than the IS250. Is it just too difficult to handle?

We were discussing how the car is not slower than 90% of the cars on the road. How the car will perform as a daily driver.

By purposely skewing the argument and comparing the 250, which by itself is a lower trim model aimed at the masses, against specialized production models whether it is the SI or Arial Atom, you are purposely being biased. I am not disrespecting myself by comparing my car to a normal trimmed Civic because I dont need to stroke my ego, my car rocks for driving my to places compared to a Civic or a Mercury even if I can buy 2 Civics with the price.

If you want to be skewed then the same can be said of your 350 vs a C63? Why not? Is it not a C class vs IS?
If you are to compare a Civic with a IS250 the SI would best fit it wouldnt it? Almost the same amount of HP? Very close in price range? But to compare a IS350 to a C63 is just absurd. That is a 30k difference in price.
By your argument why would anyone buy a 250? Why not for all of us who could not have afford a 350 at the moment buy a Civic SI?
Where did I say that? That statement could be true if you want performance which seems like a lot of you guys do or else we wouldn't be in here arguing about what is faster.

Unless you are hinting that some how we are all Lexus poseurs or are below your intelligence level?

Again, what was the point of you being in here and posting what you did if not for the above?
Maybe to show that the IS is built for speed in straight away. That seems like the only thing a IS350 and IS-F is good at. Because another member here think otherwise.

BTW I want to ask, why can you afford a 60k Audi but not a 10k markup of an ISF - the trade on your 350?
Maybe because I don't want IS-F? Plus I don't want to be paying 75k+ for a ISF.

Originally Posted by awd_pwnz
Is that really your argument?!? You are dumb as **** then. We are talking about the is250 here. Why the he'll would you even mention the is-f? We all know the oaf is a totally different car. That's like comparing a base lancer to a evo.

You must be mentality challenged. People bought the 250 because some like the awd option for committed who want a compact luxury vehicle. Your argument bares nothing. Think before you talk.
Lets see what you said..

why the hell would you buy a lexus Is to "GO FAST" hell thats what evos/sti's are for
Sounds like you are the "MENTALITY" challenged one. It is spelled mentally. Because the IS-F is built to go fast on straights. From what I remember the ISF is a IS right?

Btw, there is AWD on a IS350.
Old 12-29-10, 09:36 PM
Dexterr
Lead Lap

WOW!!!

I'm lost for words the way some of you guys are behaving. For crying out loud people, its only a car. Enjoy the car you drive vs. putting down what someone else is driving. Because no one is right or wrong when they purchase a car.

That said, buy a car that will put a smile "on your face", moreover, a car that meets your budget.
Old 12-29-10, 09:37 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Where did I say that? That statement could be true if you want performance which seems like a lot of you guys do or else we wouldn't be in here arguing about what is faster.
Cant you read? Please read the very first post in this thread.

The OP wasnt looking at performance as his priority, so why are you here again?

And a Civic SI is so much lighter and stripped compare to an IS, what other car out there can claim itself to be a Luxury car and is significantly cheaper than the 250 but much faster?
Old 12-29-10, 09:43 PM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

toyota echo > is250 in reference to speed
Old 12-29-10, 09:47 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikez
Cant you read? Please read the very first post in this thread.

The OP wasnt looking at performance as his priority, so why are you here again?

And a Civic SI is so much lighter and stripped compare to an IS, what other car out there can claim itself to be a Luxury car and is significantly cheaper than the 250 but much faster?
Can you read? Who said I was responding to the first post? I even quoted who I was responding to.

I just finished reading the whole thread. Anyways why are you here? Seems like all you do in here is to defend how "fast" your car is.

Like I said before, I wasn't the one who brought up the comparison with a Civic.

Older generation Acura TL? How about a 328i?

Here, even added some stats for the 328i:
0 - 60 (sec): 6.4
0 - 75 (sec): 9.5
1/4 Mile (sec @ mph): 14.7 @ 94.8

I can cruise at 70, speed to 80 in like 1 sec to over take.
Sorry but can you please tell me what you have under the hood. You have nitrous or a supercharger?
Old 12-29-10, 09:56 PM
TicDatDo
Rookie

nothing is as slow as my AWD! But I do Love it in the snow here! Just wanted to get that out there. lol
Old 12-29-10, 10:01 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Can you read? Who said I was responding to the first post? I even quoted who I was responding to.

I just finished reading the whole thread. Anyways why are you here? Seems like all you do in here is to defend how "fast" your car is.
All my posts before you were responding to the OP which describes a scenario of a daily driver, unlike you who just want to jump in and troll.

I dont need NOS to cruise at 70, and the car can hit 80 from 70 in one seconds or so if you are in third gear, which is why I drive in the S mode always. Plus, all your comparisons have bigger engines than the 2.5L in the 250, how much faster is the 323 compared to the 250?
Old 12-29-10, 10:07 PM
svntwosix
Lexus Test Driver

How did I miss this thread? The fighting is so intense!

Anyways, the IS250 does do it's job, especially for commuting. To me the 250 was an obvious choice for a 5 days a week 60 mile round trip with some traffic. I've been more throttle conscious ever since gas prices hit $3.00. And some people think it will hit $5 by next year!

The way I see it, the IS was not quite built for performance, but more of a entry luxury sedan. Just look at how many aftermarket performance parts are made for our car. The 250 is definitely above average in terms of quickness compared with other cars on the road. The 350 is probably in the top 5% of fastest cars I see on my daily drive.

When it comes down to it, I bet 95% of the girls you are trying to impress don't even care about the difference between a 250 and a 350. Girls would care more about a 2 door beamer than a Lexus.
Old 12-29-10, 10:13 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by svntwosix
Girls would care more about a 2 door beamer than a Lexus.

I just don't exist here, do I?
Old 12-29-10, 10:20 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Micaiah
I just don't exist here, do I?
you dont count, youre not on the "hunt" anymore if you know what I mean
Old 12-30-10, 12:15 AM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I first saw this thread this morning at 11am(all was well). Now it looked like a civil war!! lol. you guys need to relax.. our beef is not with each other, but with the bimmers!!(335i'ers ) Seriously tho.. all 2is are nice vehicles to have and own. some are just faster than others that's all . J/P! hahaha
Old 12-30-10, 12:22 AM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's see smokyis350, seems like you have a lot fiction going on here.

Maybe to show that the IS is built for speed in straight away. That seems like the only thing a IS350 and IS-F is good at. Because another member here think otherwise.
Uh... I don't think so buddy, last I checked with creditable drivers both cars were not just built to go fast on a straight line but also on race tracks, and no not the ones you go to thats for those who like numbers on 1/4 miles. Not real lap numbers. You wouldn't know anything about that now would you?

Maybe because I don't want IS-F? Plus I don't want to be paying 75k+ for a ISF.
Sorry last I checked I could get one for under 60k, that's uhm let's see 15k less than your presumed price, what are you a car salesman?

Sounds like you are the "MENTALITY" challenged one. It is spelled mentally. Because the IS-F is built to go fast on straights. From what I remember the ISF is a IS right?
The IS-F buddy was built to be tracked and to be a direct competitor with the BMW M3, I don't think any of those two reasons have anything to do with with how something is spelled.

Seems like mr smokyis350 feels like the fastest kid in the ring, bashing on the slower brother, ah how funny that the IS250 has absolutely no hard time keeping up with M3 slalom speeds. It's not all about how fast you go on a straight line, it's how you get from point A to point B. I can guarantee you I'll get there faster than you in my slower car.

If you don't race anyone doesn't automatically mean no one put their car to its full potential. I use every bit of my horsepower everyday. From freeway on ramp to passing another car. I also take my car to the drag strip.

Lets not forget we are driving a Toyota...
Oh right because every day driving requires 306hp WOT to get on that on ramp. And also to pass other cars, I mean you must really be terrible at driving to need so much HP to pass mini vans, small old cars, and slow heavy trucks, let me guess your freeway must be full of high performance cars. You must live in Germany and drive on the autobahn then? Oh wait you don't, you drive in the state with the worst traffic, and the percentage of slow cars on the road is insanely high! Also there's a member here who actually drives on the autobahn every day with his IS250 and he has absolutely no trouble overpassing cars and getting on the highway itself. I think all that time you spend at the "drag strip" is getting to your head.

Originally Posted by ScKcBc
toyota echo > is250 in reference to speed
Oh that's funny, you would know right? Of course you would.

Last edited by XhyDra; 12-30-10 at 12:41 AM.
Old 12-30-10, 12:52 AM
socalis250
Driver School Candidate

hey im new to Lexus . i just bought a 08 Is250 its quicker than my old car. 2000 BMW 528i.
im happy with it.
Old 12-30-10, 01:13 AM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Of course the 'bro' needs to be plural...'bros'.

And I'd like to say that each 2IS owner have their personal preferences in choosing the IS250 versus IS350. Personally, the IS250 is certainly more suitable for my across-town commutes 5 days a week and the 150 miles trip I make each weekend (in terms of gas usage, and I don't romp and stomp the pedal everywhere I go) but I like power. I want it. But I don't need it. However, I still shelled out more to get an IS350, just for the extra power. It's my budget, it's my car, and I'll swallow the extra cost of owning the IS350, because it's my ****ing car, not yours. Same goes for the IS250; some owners are completely content about their rides (how they do not race it around daily, gas mileage, AWD, etc), so stop nagging/arguing/attacking the 250ers.

And OP, just go drive the two damn cars, for crying out loud. Its about what you want. You might find the 204hp adequate and the 306hp simply unnecessary for your commute, seeing you'll keep your Camaro. Again, its your ****ing car. That's what I, and many others, did when we were shopping for an IS. Is it really that hard to spend an hour of your time to distinguish the difference and determine the sufficiency yourself? In post #4 you said you're not rich, so maybe you should just get the IS250 as the IS350 is already out of the question? From all the threads you've been making, you're allowing other people to make choices for you and it will be highly possible you'll end up with a car you'll be dissatisfied with.

Quick Reply: IS250 - How slow is it?