IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My new (to me) IS250! One big problem.. it's about to be Repo'd !!LOL

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-11, 01:21 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Not sure how well Lexus (Toyota Financial Services) does with this situation, but they LOST two seperate packets I sent in to do a lease transfer to an individual who wanted to take over my car. Every day was a new story with them, they were the furthest from helpful they could be. Because of their lack of professionalism, my "buyer" left the situation. So now i will transfer it to a buyout soon so i dont have to deal with them next time its time to get rid of it...

Hopefully you wont run into similar problems (mine lasted 2 months before it was acknowledged that they lost it (had tracking number w/ signature request) and the lease transfer was too "difficult" for them to perform in a timely manner.
Old 01-03-11, 01:49 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
Not sure how well Lexus (Toyota Financial Services) does with this situation, but they LOST two seperate packets I sent in to do a lease transfer to an individual who wanted to take over my car. Every day was a new story with them, they were the furthest from helpful they could be. Because of their lack of professionalism, my "buyer" left the situation. So now i will transfer it to a buyout soon so i dont have to deal with them next time its time to get rid of it...

Hopefully you wont run into similar problems (mine lasted 2 months before it was acknowledged that they lost it (had tracking number w/ signature request) and the lease transfer was too "difficult" for them to perform in a timely manner.
If I don't have some kind of official paper in my hand from toyota by Friday I'm raising hell with them. (Assuming it's not stuck at "my friends" house. )
Old 01-03-11, 02:00 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmags
If I don't have some kind of official paper in my hand from toyota by Friday I'm raising hell with them. (Assuming it's not stuck at "my friends" house. )
Good luck "raising hell". I did just the same when they lost two packets, and all i got was told to request a new packet (takes a week to get in the mail) and send it back in (takes 7-10 to process IF they dont lose it). I had eventually been given a managers private phone number to keep in touch with, and the best she could tell me was "sorry we lost it, and apparently tons of paperwork for lease transfers/buyouts were not going to the proper department and could not be located..." I threatened to have a news report on the local Houston news done about their terrible customer service but they didnt seem worried and the news channel didnt return my call/email.
Old 01-03-11, 02:46 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Repo has been withdrawn according to him.

He wired the $$ to them.

I called lexus to verify but the person on the phone couldn't tell me if the car was under repo or not.

However before we hung up she said "I think you'll be ok, have a nice day sir"

The amount of time to get the Title out is 3-8 business days... So I guess there's a pretty strong possibility that Friday won't happen. I'll move it forward to next Fridaythe 14th until I get pissed about it.
Old 01-03-11, 03:04 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

"I think you'll be ok." Man, I hope this turns out well for you.
Old 01-03-11, 03:08 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by brociouz
"I think you'll be ok." Man, I hope this turns out well for you.
At this point, if the car gets repo'd the "friend" will be burning 1540 of his own cash that he already doesn't have. I think we're fine, he'd tell me to keep it hidden if it needed to, he has nothing to lose other than the car and his own money at this point.
Old 01-03-11, 11:00 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That 1540 is what he owed while he had the car in his possession. You paid for that time, with your check, he didn't. HE'S getting the three months back, not you.

Jmags, you seem like a real patient and nice guy. It really would suck if this doesn't pan out for you. I'm honestly hoping things do work out smoothly for you.
Old 01-03-11, 11:12 PM
kais250
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here, I hope everything goes as planned. Good luck man!
Old 01-04-11, 05:53 AM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Thanks for the well wishes. It has been a little stressful, the first night when it was in the driveway I hardly slept.

In the end it will be worth it I hope (I'm reading about back glass noises and front dash console noise, don't forget warranty is over).

Right now I just want to drive the damn thing!
Old 01-04-11, 11:10 AM
xology
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmags
In the end it will be worth it I hope
Hey Jmags, I hope it all works out for you, and it definitly WILL be worth it! Sounds like you're almost done with this ordeal and pretty soon you'll forget all about it.
Old 01-04-11, 03:49 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

well here's what it looks like right now

It's pitch black in my driveway..

Old 01-04-11, 11:04 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Originally Posted by chikoo
Link to the $40k scam? Definitely like to know so that it does not happen to me!
i don't know if i'm allowed to crosslink, don't want this thread locked. but google "anybody know anthony espinosa" it's the first link

it's built up to 61 pages so far, but the first post has the cliff notes
Old 01-06-11, 05:54 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Any updates?
Old 01-06-11, 06:09 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Car is back at my place.

Check was processed YESTERDAY (took them two days to cash a bank check? really?)..

7-10 days from yesterday (or today) he'll get the title. Then he'll be sending it fedex to here, should be overnight even if it's just ground.

Will enjoy sitting here looking at it for 2.5 weeks
Old 01-06-11, 06:48 PM
meangene
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow crazy story! At least they finally processed the check for you

Quick Reply: My new (to me) IS250! One big problem.. it's about to be Repo'd !!LOL