IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My new (to me) IS250! One big problem.. it's about to be Repo'd !!LOL

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-11, 05:46 AM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow. Lexus really is dropping the ball here. Title still isn't mailed out. It looks like they managed to apply the check though......so I guess that's a little progress.

The funds were applied last Friday like the supervisor said, however they did absolutely nothing about it yesterday...

I guess I have to treat them like I would a kid and call every single day till the title is mailed out just to remind them about it...

Title dept is located in Arizona and don't open till 9am west coast... I'll call them back at 1pm EST.

I guess driving the car this week isn't going to happen.

I'm going away next Tuesday for three days. I guess the 28th is looking to be the first day I can actually drive it !!

3 weeks after I actually bought it......... Ya'll can't believe how hard it is to look at this car in the driveway....and get into either a bronco or a camaro instead.... no heated seats, no nice stereo... sigh.
Old 01-19-11, 05:50 PM
ISSteve
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At this point, can't they "call off the dogs" so to speak and tell the repo company to chill?

It's not like you need a title to drive around town anyway.
Old 01-19-11, 05:55 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISSteve
At this point, can't they "call off the dogs" so to speak and tell the repo company to chill?

It's not like you need a title to drive around town anyway.
Yes, that was done on the 4th or 5th.

Just as an update, both managers/supervisors called me back to tell me they have no new news.

I don't know how lexus operates like this.

How farking hard is it to call someone in Arizona and say "send this title out"

they've had the check since the 3rd........
Old 01-19-11, 07:45 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Lexus isn't sending the title out because they know this whole transaction has the whiff of fraud. They are making sure all funds are secure and the people who are involved actually have a stake in this vehicle. Anyone who would read this thread would come to the same conclusion. Whether or not this has a happy ending.....we'll see.
Old 01-20-11, 01:52 AM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Lexus isn't sending the title out because they know this whole transaction has the whiff of fraud. They are making sure all funds are secure and the people who are involved actually have a stake in this vehicle. Anyone who would read this thread would come to the same conclusion. Whether or not this has a happy ending.....we'll see.
Lexus lost the check from the 5th till the 14th.

That's what the problem is here.

It was a certified bank check from Citibank.

If they deposited it on the 3rd, when they got it. It would have cleared a long time ago. However they didn't actually "find" it till I called up *****ing on the 14th...

that's my problem.

ps. I guess they have won. I'm not going to bother calling them again. They have shown that they really can not do anything right. Worst car finance company I've EVER had to talk to. This is why I've never used an auto company loan place... rather a credit union instead.

The title did not go out yesterday, which means me getting it this week (aside from me driving to boston and back) is not happening. Best case senario is I get it on Monday, however I'm going away for the week on Tuesday morning at 5am. No time to go to the dmv.

Looks like the 28th / 29th is the new day of registration. If the title is not here when I get home from the trip, I'm really going to blow a gasket.

Last edited by Jmags; 01-20-11 at 03:04 AM.
Old 01-20-11, 06:10 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmags
Lexus lost the check from the 5th till the 14th.

That's what the problem is here.

It was a certified bank check from Citibank.

If they deposited it on the 3rd, when they got it. It would have cleared a long time ago. However they didn't actually "find" it till I called up *****ing on the 14th...

that's my problem.

ps. I guess they have won. I'm not going to bother calling them again. They have shown that they really can not do anything right. Worst car finance company I've EVER had to talk to. This is why I've never used an auto company loan place... rather a credit union instead.

The title did not go out yesterday, which means me getting it this week (aside from me driving to boston and back) is not happening. Best case senario is I get it on Monday, however I'm going away for the week on Tuesday morning at 5am. No time to go to the dmv.

Looks like the 28th / 29th is the new day of registration. If the title is not here when I get home from the trip, I'm really going to blow a gasket.

Hate to say i told you it would go like this, because i hoped LFS could pull off actually doing their job for once... but man, this is just how they do "business". I never resolved my issues with them, but seeing as yours are of even higher importance (to you, since you're buying, i was trying to transfer), I hope they get it taken care of quickly.

A very ironic (to your story and mine as well) Lexus promo:

Old 01-20-11, 07:00 AM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by heyarms
Hate to say i told you it would go like this, because i hoped LFS could pull off actually doing their job for once... but man, this is just how they do "business". I never resolved my issues with them, but seeing as yours are of even higher importance (to you, since you're buying, i was trying to transfer), I hope they get it taken care of quickly.

A very ironic (to your story and mine as well) Lexus promo:

That is quite hilarious, since it's slow at work right now I'm gonna call them once more. I might just mention that ad.

Asked for the supervisor of supervisors..........surprisingly she transfered me real quick. RIGHT TO A VOICE mail. Gotta love it

Last edited by Jmags; 01-20-11 at 07:14 AM.
Old 01-20-11, 07:20 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Call them back. And tell them you want to talk to a live person, not be transferred to their phone message.
Old 01-20-11, 07:21 AM
Jmags
Lead Lap

http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-...am-il-19001287

F rating. LOL go figure!

This poor woman julie just had to feel my wrath.

She's one of the original managers that I've been dealing with.

She actually said "I'm sorry the title department doesn't have a phone line"

That put me over the edge.

I asked how a corp business runs itself without phone lines and told her I knew that was a bunch of baloney.

I advised her that if she did not get someone on the phone from the title dept I'd be calling every single VP's phone number that I could get my hands on. I then read her some names of very high people in the group

Found them in various places on the internet. I told her this wouldn't be the first time I had to call higher and higher within a company and that I know what their extension numbers look like (5 digits) and it wouldn't be hard to get someone of high importance on the line.

Suddenly the title dept had a phone line!

She called "carol" who julie claims is going to PHYSICALLY walk to a room and get the title in her hand and call me back! We'll see if Carol makes that call.

Apparently they all communicate through email....well guess what, when you're 3 weeks behind, email isn't good enough you dopes!

I honestly still think this hasn't changed anything.

Last edited by Jmags; 01-20-11 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-20-11, 08:12 AM
Micaiah

Oh my goodness, that's HORRIBLE!

It's a good thing that you are diligent about this and not sitting on your duff waiting for them.

You've been patient enough.

Heyarms, I would call some upper ups and let them know that they had caused you a loss of not only your dream car but the buyer's dream car. I know it won't get you anywhere but somehow they are going to have to improve their customer service. This does not look good on them or Lexus, even though they are separate.

Geeze, Maybe Lexus corporate should know about this....there's a lot of people on this forum and word spreads fast. I would link someone important to this thread. Seriously.
Old 01-20-11, 08:17 AM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Well - not that it'll get me anywhere but I filed a complaint on the bbb website, just for fun.
Old 01-20-11, 08:27 AM
Micaiah

File a complaint with corporate too.

It's hurting business for Lexus - and Lexus touts on superior service. Like I said, they are separate but maybe the have a word with how things are run and by whom.
Old 01-20-11, 01:28 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Heyarms, I would call some upper ups and let them know that they had caused you a loss of not only your dream car but the buyer's dream car. I know it won't get you anywhere but somehow they are going to have to improve their customer service. This does not look good on them or Lexus, even though they are separate.

Geeze, Maybe Lexus corporate should know about this....there's a lot of people on this forum and word spreads fast. I would link someone important to this thread. Seriously.
I would... but it really wouldnt get me anywhere. After the daily rants with the managers and being lied to, and then reporting the lies and no help other than "we're sorry, hope your day gets better" attitude, nothing seems to make them do their job. I mean they completely lost two lease transfer packets with all my buyers information, and one we tracked... not only could they not TRY to locate them, they said it's likely ALL lease transfer packets are being redirected to a wrong location... to apparently be forever lost. I am only hoping when i turn my lease into a buyout this year, the process isnt a nightmare since we're only dealing with myself and LFS, no third party.

Originally Posted by Jmags
Well - not that it'll get me anywhere but I filed a complaint on the bbb website, just for fun.
Haha nice. I was going to last fall during my ordeal, but when i saw they had an F...I figured it wasnt worth my time.
Old 01-20-11, 02:06 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

OOOOOOOOOKkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

so here's where we're at.

I guess threatening to call upper management (even though who knows if I'd actually get in touch with them..) seems to have done the trick. MAYBE! (If I havent been lied to)

Julie called me back and said "Hi I just want to make sure where I am sending this"

Well, my "friend" wanted it sent to work, since he'd get it there around noon and be able to turn it right around and send it back out. Super awesome!

Julie says "Well that's not the address I have for him"

(He called in TWO TIMES in the past two weeks to change the address!)

I said "Julie, you must be joking with me! He called in yesterday at 12 noon EST, I was on the phone! I heard him say it and I heard the CSR respond !!

She searched through notes for yesterday and could not locate it.

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

I put her on hold, call him, conf. him in and she verifies it's him. He then gives her the work address! She says "Ok I'm sending it out overnight! Thank you both for your patience.."

I thank her, hang up and call UPS to figure out how much an overnight envelope delivered on a Saturday would cost (40 bucks), I'm going to call fedex in a few...

I hang up from UPS thinking "man............I might finally be free of lexus financial.."

and then....

What's this? Why is julie calling me?

"hi Jeff, Fedex is saying that address in invalid, can we double check the address please"

I read her the address and she said "OH ! I forgot the 'center place' in 'One Design center place' "

I say oh ok, well will you please send it to (repeats address)........

No wonder this **** is so hard. They can't even copy down a basic address, even after being told it 3 or 4 times!

Anyway, I will be calling her back by 430 pm her time, 630 est... She's supposed to call him and give him the tracking. I'm not waiting for that..

What would be absolutely amazing is if the wrong title shows up tomorrow!

Crossing my fingers it shows up..

Right now it looks like I have a day off tomorrow due to snow. I might just take the damn train up to pick it up ..
Old 01-20-11, 02:18 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

I feel like I'm running a marathon and I'm so close but yet so far.

DMV closes at 12:30

UPS and Fedex will do Overnight Sat Delivery by noon for 40 bucks...but then NOTHING can go wrong. I'd have to pull out of ups/fedex tires smokin on the SS and get my *** to the DMV (about a 15 min drive with regular traffic)..

Or I can pay 75 bucks to have it here by 830 am.

75 is a little steep, 40 is no sweat. Sigh. choices.

Quick Reply: My new (to me) IS250! One big problem.. it's about to be Repo'd !!LOL