IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

To clear bra or not to clear bra?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-11, 10:50 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by embolism
the only time I wouldn't do it is on a white car. All the films will eventually yellow over time and will be really noticable on white
totally disagree, white is the DEFINITE color to get this done, my friend has had a tahoe for over 3 years which is white, he has rearended people, tons of highway driving and it is not yellow or chipped ... 3m does not fade or discolor ... definitely have the professionals do it, dont want yur car lookin like your mom saran wrapped it! lmfao!

whoever says its worth saving the money and repainting the car after a few years is ridiculous ... i dont know many people that would rather have their front ended blended no way.
Old 02-12-11, 09:57 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

do most people just get the front bumper done, or do they get the whole front end (bumper, hood, fenders & mirrors), what the avg. cost to get the clear bra done.
Old 02-13-11, 07:22 AM
jlho1980
Driver School Candidate

i installed the hood and fenders yesterday, the mirrors are a b*tch! needless to say, they are in the trash (well one of them) my second attempt at the headlights will take place in the next couple days, they too are a b*tch!
Old 02-13-11, 01:54 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
do most people just get the front bumper done, or do they get the whole front end (bumper, hood, fenders & mirrors), what the avg. cost to get the clear bra done.

i got the entire front end, bumper, hood, fenders AND wheel wells done ... the place I went to in NY did all of that for $900 ... pro status, no bubbles, perfect lines, no one can even tell until i point it out to them
Old 02-13-11, 02:10 PM
sharvath
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CalMike
That is the question.
It's worth every penny, especially here in SoCal. I was disgusted the first year I had my car from all of the chips on the front. I have the Black Pearl. Had it repainted and Clear Bra instaled at the same time. Wish I would have done it when I bought it. The only time people really notice is if it happens to get really dirty after a rain and I didn't get to wash it yet or if I left some wax on the seam. All of front, half of hood and mirrors. $$ well spent.
Old 02-13-11, 06:25 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

Go with it, i regret not clear braing my lip. i have so many tiny little rock chips...its okay, after it gets repainted im forsure going to clear bra.

so i say be like nike just do it!
Old 02-13-11, 06:29 PM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

yeah if my car was scratch free and such I would have definitely done the clear bra
Old 02-13-11, 08:06 PM
CleverName
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I totally love mine, but the only real issue I have had so far is when I claybar the area, the clear bra line catches and holds minute chunks of the clay... Now the line becomes more visible.......
A real pain to go back and use a detail brush to get the stuff away...

2cents
Vince
Old 02-13-11, 10:47 PM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CleverName
I totally love mine, but the only real issue I have had so far is when I claybar the area, the clear bra line catches and holds minute chunks of the clay... Now the line becomes more visible.......
A real pain to go back and use a detail brush to get the stuff away...

2cents
Vince
sorry for getting off topic, but what's the best clay bar?
Old 04-22-11, 07:05 AM
Numbahz
Driver

Originally Posted by A1Lexis
I have the Ventureshield 3M clear bra on my car and love it. One of the best investments I made fosure. Guaranteed for life not to yellow or peel. Before I had it installed, my front bumper and hood were beat to hell with rock chips. I had it re-sprayed, waited 30 days and had it professionally installed. It is worth the money since you have Obsidian with plans on lowering your car.
Question, what did your respray cost? My front bumper is fairly beat I do alot of highway driving and I was detailing my car yest and couldnt beleive how many chips and dings were there.. I need to make this investment myself
Old 04-23-11, 06:56 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

My car came with the Lexus Paint Protection.....I just got the car about a week ago and have not been able to wash it yet because we have been getting hit by storm after storm each day. In my garage I have 12 overhead lights and have noticed what looks like scratches and swirl marks on the hood where the OEM Lexus protection is. Could this be on the film? I'm guessing it may be on the actualy hood and then they put the Paint Protection over it.

Is this option done at the factory or done at the dealership? I was under the impression it was a factory option. If so and if it's on the actual hood....WTF were they doing?
Old 08-08-12, 07:50 PM
RaymondO
Driver School Candidate

Looking at 3m clear bra, digishield and invisimask for my HS250h and can't tell if one is better than another. Anybody have any experiance with digishield - it seems to be the most reasonable price wise. Invisimask has precut and diy application but I'm a little leary of trying it myself.
Old 08-10-12, 08:36 AM
TFD99
Rookie

I wouldn't go without it! I wrapped the entire front bumper, hood, lights, side mirrors, door and trunk edges, A-post, the high gloss B-posts and underneath the door handles to protect from my wife's rings.

Last edited by TFD99; 08-10-12 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-10-12, 12:56 PM
eddiekay
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any problems with the hood and bumpers being really hot due to direct sun and sitting in sun? im guessing the clear bra material and withstand a very high heat tolerance?
Old 08-10-12, 02:22 PM
TFD99
Rookie

No problems at all, infact they use a heat gun to help remove and stretch the 3M product. I had my wife's FJ Cruiser wrapped and have had no problems in 2 years.

Last edited by TFD99; 08-10-12 at 03:38 PM.

Quick Reply: To clear bra or not to clear bra?