IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

DIY - Bluetooth Music Streaming using A2DP

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-12, 09:31 AM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
Interesting. You sure the BBMG on the boat isn't connected directly to the battery and therefore is always on standby for your ipad?

I have ordered the new BBMG. Let us see how it works with my car and my phone.
Yeah, I'm sure. The last step when getting off the boat is to hit the battery switch, turning everything off and the first step to boarding it is to turn the battery switch to on.

I've tested it out and I think it just comes down to how the BBMG talks to the iPad vs how it talks to my Android phone.
Old 08-23-12, 09:39 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have an iphone4, ipad1 as well as Android, and a Windows Mango 7.5
I will see how each one of them work with the new BBMG.
Old 08-23-12, 09:07 PM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

thanks, please report back.

I just want to get in my car, pick up my phone and press play.No messing with connections.
Old 10-08-12, 07:48 PM
maz
Lead Lap

I am looking for a bluetooth A2DP adapter and have been unable to find the BlackBerry Music Gateway for a good price (Less than $30 like some people got it for earlier). I found an alternative brand on eBay (ships from Hong Kong), and I am wondering if anyone has experience with this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Bluetoot...item3ccafe9293

Feel free to give other suggestions as well. I am looking for one that autoconnects and turns on when I turn the car on and I leave it connected to the power socket.
Old 10-10-12, 05:48 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

In the same boat. Seems like there is an upgraded version of the black berry music gateway that supports NFC. Either way the product is back ordered. I'll settle with the old one .

For those still looking for it: http://www.shopandroid.com/blackberr...campaign=store

Last edited by Offspring; 10-10-12 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Found one
Old 10-10-12, 05:59 PM
maz
Lead Lap

I went with this Griffin Technology BlueTrip
Amazon Amazon
Got it for around $50, so hopefully it'll be satisfactory when it arrives.
The music audio quality got good reviews, but using it for calls got bad reviews, but that's something I already have so I don't care for that feature. Just need the wireless music. Other pluses are that it autoconnects, it's compact, and your iPhone/smartphone will be able to connect to this and your car's bluetooth simultaneously.

Last edited by maz; 10-10-12 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-10-12, 09:01 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

How about this? $22 shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AD2P-Bluetoo...item25764b5241
Old 10-10-12, 10:24 PM
maz
Lead Lap

The EDUP brand from eBay is the same one I posted earlier. That one seems good, but the only problem with it is that it will not autoconnect. This means that every time you get in your car, you have to press a button on the device in order for it to connect to your phone.

However, the Miccus Mini-Jack RX from Amazon (
Amazon Amazon
) looks a lot like the EDUP, and is available for about 40$ shipped. The difference from the EDUP brand is that it was recently updated to power on with your car and it WILL autoconnect. This is only true for the newest version tho.

I went with the Griffin b/c it is much more compact, and can be connected right to the car's power socket. It was only $10 more. The other brands require you buy a separate car adapter, and also the IS's center compartment that has a car socket and an aux is very small. If something is too large in the socket, it will not close as is the case with my current car charger.
Old 10-12-12, 08:44 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Default black berry

im looking for the blaberry one mainly for the form factor. plus it has good reviews. too bad i cant find it.
Old 10-13-12, 04:52 AM
SargeISF
Lead Lap

http://store.shopblackberry.com/Prod.../ACC-41596-001

Originally Posted by Offspring
im looking for the blaberry one mainly for the form factor. plus it has good reviews. too bad i cant find it.
Old 11-15-12, 10:24 PM
Mr2KiEu
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

looks like cr@ckberry.com has the BBMG back in stock. they have a special right now. BBMG + micro usb in vehicle charger = $53.96 + tax. use promo code: J6INLR7I0J to get the additional 10% off.

good luck!
Old 11-15-12, 10:41 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

just bought one.
Old 11-16-12, 07:34 AM
ydnandy
Pole Position

i've had the new BBMG for about two months, got it from crackberry. Works great with my android phone (galaxy s3) and IS phone/nav system. Seamlessly switches between streaming music and phone calls as needed.

One thing i will note, and i'm sure it impacts all bluetooth adapters, is the volume level is lower than using the aux cable. You'll need to up the volume (more than usual) on your phone and car if you like the music loud.
Old 11-16-12, 08:28 AM
SargeISF
Lead Lap

Ive noticed that also. I was looking for a headphone amplifier to use in line. Ill let you guys know what I find.

Originally Posted by ydnandy
i've had the new BBMG for about two months, got it from crackberry. Works great with my android phone (galaxy s3) and IS phone/nav system. Seamlessly switches between streaming music and phone calls as needed.

One thing i will note, and i'm sure it impacts all bluetooth adapters, is the volume level is lower than using the aux cable. You'll need to up the volume (more than usual) on your phone and car if you like the music loud.
Old 11-16-12, 04:55 PM
Mr2KiEu
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ydnandy

ydnandy, did your IS come equipped with bluetooth?

does anyone know if the BBMG works for phone calls on IS not equipped with bluetooth?

Quick Reply: DIY - Bluetooth Music Streaming using A2DP