DIY - Bluetooth Music Streaming using A2DP

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-14, 10:01 AM
wchilly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway

Question:

When using the Black Berry BlueTtooth module setup for streaming music from the iphone 5, do all of the speakers play the music? I had originally tried just an A2DP adapter and only the front speakers would play.

Thanks!
Old 12-06-14, 12:35 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I haven't used mine in a while, but I'm pretty sure all speakers sounds. Since it's just an aux plug, you can try using it without the bluetooth thing and see what the issue is.
Old 12-06-14, 03:22 PM
wchilly
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nosurprise
I haven't used mine in a while, but I'm pretty sure all speakers sounds. Since it's just an aux plug, you can try using it without the bluetooth thing and see what the issue is.
Thank you!
Old 12-07-14, 10:26 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Check this one out:

Amazon Amazon

I picked it up last week. It plugs in into the AUX and the other side plugs into the power outlet. It takes up literally no room in the center console. Once I turn on the car it automatically syncs to my iPhone 6 and unsync when I turn off the car.
Old 12-07-14, 10:40 AM
merkin110
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Check this one out:

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Techno.../dp/B004KPLS7K

I picked it up last week. It plugs in into the AUX and the other side plugs into the power outlet. It takes up literally no room in the center console. Once I turn on the car it automatically syncs to my iPhone 6 and unsync when I turn off the car.
Oh man that's exactly what I need. Hows the sound quality?
Old 12-07-14, 12:30 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by merkin110
Oh man that's exactly what I need. Hows the sound quality?
Sounds the same as AUX cable. The volume doesn't get as loud as AUX cable though.
Old 12-08-14, 12:57 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Check this one out:

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Techno.../dp/B004KPLS7K

Does this interfere with the phone call bluetooth ability already in the car?? Like do you have to disable the bluetooth on this device and pair it back with the car bluetooth and vice versa?
Old 12-08-14, 01:51 PM
flattire
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you mean it dosent get as loud? Like you cant go up to "volume 60"? Because I like my music at about 52
Old 12-08-14, 02:31 PM
HAiS250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Does this interfere with the phone call bluetooth ability already in the car?? Like do you have to disable the bluetooth on this device and pair it back with the car bluetooth and vice versa?
i would like to know too
Old 12-08-14, 04:51 PM
xhackr
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That ability, or lack thereof, is a function of the phone. Most new phones can do that.
Old 12-09-14, 10:12 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by xhackr
That ability, or lack thereof, is a function of the phone. Most new phones can do that.
I don't think you understand my question fully. What I'm asking is really whether or not the device is integrated with the current bluetooth system in the car well?

For example, on my 2012 IS250, there are two pairing of the bluetooth. One for the phone, and one for music. If I don't turn on music and when people call me, I can pick up the call. After that, If i go to the navigation and press on "Bluetooth", my music is then automatically played without requiring me disabling the bluetooth on the phone side. When I am playing music via bluetooth and if someone calls me, my music automatically stops and I can hear ringing from the speakers and pick up the call.

My 2006 IS350 bluetooth cannot stream music but it can only take calls so with the addition of the device, will it function smoothly like the scenario I mentioned above?
Old 12-09-14, 11:34 AM
xhackr
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think you understand my question fully. What I'm asking is really whether or not the device is integrated with the current bluetooth system in the car well?

For example, on my 2012 IS250, there are two pairing of the bluetooth. One for the phone, and one for music. If I don't turn on music and when people call me, I can pick up the call. After that, If i go to the navigation and press on "Bluetooth", my music is then automatically played without requiring me disabling the bluetooth on the phone side. When I am playing music via bluetooth and if someone calls me, my music automatically stops and I can hear ringing from the speakers and pick up the call.

My 2006 IS350 bluetooth cannot stream music but it can only take calls so with the addition of the device, will it function smoothly like the scenario I mentioned above?
I do understand; however, I did not explain my answer well. Unfortunately, I do not have the time right now to make a lengthy post. In short, if you are playing music though your phone, the phone (if newer) will manage this… stopping the music and giving priority to the call.

My answer was predicated on you using the phone to stream/play music. If not, and you use a separate player, I can’t speak with authority on what would occur, but my educated guess is the music will not lower or stop when a call occurs as the two operate autonomously. Hopefully, that makes better sense.
Old 12-13-14, 12:15 PM
flattire
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

There seems to be so many diffrent types you can get. Has ANYONE figured out one that has the same exact sound quality as the aux cable?
Old 12-13-14, 03:19 PM
G4lexboi
Pole Position

I use this works great and it's loud enough for me. Works with factory Bluetooth as well and has internal battery that last 10-15 hours.

Amazon.com: VicTsing Bluetooth 4.0 Music Audio Receiver Adapter NFC-Enabled Hands-Free Car Kit with APTX Technology - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: VicTsing Bluetooth 4.0 Music Audio Receiver Adapter NFC-Enabled Hands-Free Car Kit with APTX Technology - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 12-14-14, 11:37 AM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 384 Likes on 168 Posts

i want to know is there any of these bluetooth music streaming unit that don't have interference where u can hear in the speakers the annoying whine of charging from the bluetooth unit...

Quick Reply: DIY - Bluetooth Music Streaming using A2DP