IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

DIY - Bluetooth Music Streaming using A2DP

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-11, 08:49 PM
santacruz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a little plug that turns a 12v car outlet into a usb port, then I just used a blackberry USB charger cord.
Old 03-26-11, 07:04 AM
threejump
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by santacruz
I've got a little plug that turns a 12v car outlet into a usb port, then I just used a blackberry USB charger cord.
I realize that is what people are using. However, I have read some reviews on these usb car chargers that are not compatible with all car lighter sockets because they are too short or don't fit correctly. I just wanted to get know some specific models that are proven to work in the IS. Thanks
Old 03-27-11, 03:26 PM
09lexus250
Rookie

Originally Posted by threejump
I realize that is what people are using. However, I have read some reviews on these usb car chargers that are not compatible with all car lighter sockets because they are too short or don't fit correctly. I just wanted to get know some specific models that are proven to work in the IS. Thanks
im useing the dual usb bullet car charger. lets me have 2 usb ports for charging. one for the blackberry gateway, and one extra for charging my iphone. and i did have the ground loop isolator TSB done and no whining coming from the radio at all anymore.
Old 03-27-11, 05:36 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude they are like $3 shipped on ebay...just get one and try it lol
Old 03-29-11, 11:58 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

i just set mine up and it works really good however it skips for like a second every so often...anyone else experience anything like this? im with a Nexus One phone...im wondering wether it could be losing bluetooth connection or maybe i got a faulty device or something
Old 03-29-11, 12:32 PM
santacruz
Driver

What are you running on your phone? Stored music, pandora, etc?
My pandora sometimes decided it is going to skip to the next song for no reason or skip for a few seconds when service gets sketchy. No problems like that using ipod mode though.
Old 03-29-11, 12:43 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Im running stored music from my sim card...didnt have this issue when using a 3.5mm jack...so I guess its either the blackberry device or the Bluetooth connection.
Old 03-30-11, 09:51 AM
kikkomanrj
Rookie

I've got this one. http://amzn.com/B003TYFNV0 Works like a charm but is too big close the sliding ash tray cover or the center armrest. Thinking of getting two of these instead. http://amzn.com/B002WH3QLE
Old 04-04-11, 03:16 PM
Asakura58
Pole Position

it works with m iphone 4, but cannot connect with iphone 3G..anyone know if it works with iphone 3G on 4.0+ ?
Old 04-04-11, 04:21 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So..

I've had the same problem. My Phone (samsung epic) can't keep up when Im running Music + gps + full brightness.

This is the best charger for the money you can get that works in our cars.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003LGT4WU

The problem for me is that even with a 2.1 amp charger.....the phone still thinks it's being charged through a USB port. Which will only charge at 500mA.. which sucks.

In order to fix it, you've got to "jump" two of the four wires.

Sigh. Why is everything so damn complicated.
Old 04-05-11, 12:53 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For people without the factory NAV/Bluetooth, this is a very good product that I use in my older lexus rx300.

"Griffin Bluetrip AUX"

Bluetooth phonecalls through the speakers and music off the iphone (err any phone with Bluetooth capability)
Attached Thumbnails DIY - Bluetooth Music Streaming using A2DP-31uo28nop5l._sl500_aa300_.jpg   DIY - Bluetooth Music Streaming using A2DP-img_05871.jpg   DIY - Bluetooth Music Streaming using A2DP-685387309818-1.jpg  
Old 04-17-11, 07:51 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I want to get this Blackberry unit to work with my iPhone 3GS. I know this can stream music, but will I also be able to make calls and hear the voice via the vehicle's speakers as I currently do with the phone's headphone to vehicle's aux port via 3.5mm cable ? Can I continue the same thing, but wirelessly?
Old 04-17-11, 09:28 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

see my post above regarding the Griffin Bluetrip
Old 04-17-11, 09:46 AM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe someone else has this issue that I'm having with it.
Scenario: Blackberry gateway and the oem bluetooth (for calls) both connected. About every minute or so the music will stutter. If I use the oem phone call bluetooth function (audio automatically stops via the phone) the calls are highly distorted.
It almost seems like the bluetooth is running out of bandwidth if that makes sense.

Not sure if it's my phone or gateway.
Old 04-17-11, 10:36 AM
NickTomsyc
Pole Position

Maybe someone else has this issue that I'm having with it.
Scenario: Blackberry gateway and the oem bluetooth (for calls) both connected. About every minute or so the music will stutter. If I use the oem phone call bluetooth function (audio automatically stops via the phone) the calls are highly distorted.
It almost seems like the bluetooth is running out of bandwidth if that makes sense.
I don't have this issue - Phone: Samsung Acclaim

- Does anyone get a high pitched feedback sound when no audio is streaming from the BB-gateway .... I assume its because the power and aux complete a loop and it causes the feedback.... Don't notice when music is playing - but between songs (pandora or something) its super annoying

Quick Reply: DIY - Bluetooth Music Streaming using A2DP