IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

DIY - Bluetooth Music Streaming using A2DP

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-11, 04:59 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SPNinjA
Everything works great except for this one small problem. The audio will cut out for a split second every once in a while. Here's the thing though, It plays fine without any interruptions when I use my laptop as a power source. I was wondering if plugging it through the 12 volt socket, and my car battery being old would maybe somehow cause this problem? I guess it's not that bad but, having about 10 slight interruptions for each song kinda sucks...Please help!
I haven't experienced that at all. I have an iPhone 4 and don't plug it in when I use it. Battery on my car is new, replaced 6 months ago.
Old 09-20-11, 05:18 PM
SPNinjA
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by anthrax144
I haven't experienced that at all. I have an iPhone 4 and don't plug it in when I use it. Battery on my car is new, replaced 6 months ago.
I have an HTC incredible. It's not a phone problem since it played flawlessly connected to my laptop. It's not the AUX TSIB issue since I've already had that done. It's coming down to either the 12 volt socket or battery, and I don't want to get a whole new battery because of this, lol. Hopefully someone else will chime in on this issue....
Old 09-30-11, 06:25 AM
APynckel
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you get any alternator whine through this device having it plugged into power and the 3.5 at the same time? Does the phone simultaneously connect to both the car and the audio device? Or does everything go through the audio device?
Old 09-30-11, 06:52 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by APynckel
Do you get any alternator whine through this device having it plugged into power and the 3.5 at the same time? Does the phone simultaneously connect to both the car and the audio device? Or does everything go through the audio device?
The AUX port TSIB fixes the "whine when both things are plugged in" issue with the AUX port... free fix under warranty.
Old 09-30-11, 02:44 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by APynckel
Does the phone simultaneously connect to both the car and the audio device? Or does everything go through the audio device?
It connects to both your car and the music gateway simultaneously.
Old 09-30-11, 04:38 PM
Sole350kid
Rookie

Just did this mod and I love it.
Old 10-01-11, 09:54 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

I'm going to purchase one of these soon and hook it up in my RX. Should be ideal for short trips around town, and when I go on a long trip I'll just plug in the 30 pin adapter.

Thanks for DIY! Awesome idea!
Old 10-01-11, 10:28 AM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Let me get this straight.....

We have a 9 page thread about BT audio via A2DP but no one has really made any progress in this area yet (vaistech?) even though there is such a demand for it.

We really need to change this thread to "BT audio via A2DP with AVCRP integration into the AVC-LAN control"

-Joe
Old 10-01-11, 04:37 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by carchitect
Let me get this straight.....

We have a 9 page thread about BT audio via A2DP but no one has really made any progress in this area yet (vaistech?) even though there is such a demand for it.

We really need to change this thread to "BT audio via A2DP with AVCRP integration into the AVC-LAN control"

-Joe
What "progress" is it that you're looking for? '09(?) and on have bluetooth audio integrated. I don't think anyone with earlier models is going to complain about a $50 upgrade for the same effect. Personally, this is my second favorite "mod" besides the DVD/NAV hack. I suppose you could start another thread titled "BT audio via A2DP with AVCRP integration into the AVC-LAN control" whatever that means...
Old 10-27-11, 07:04 PM
ibedizzy
Driver School Candidate

does anyone have any recommendations for a bluetooth adapter that can support music and calls? i've read reviews for the belkin aircast and the griffin bluetrip, but i heard the sound quality isn't great on the bluetrip and the belkin doesn't autoconnect to your phone's bluetooth.
Old 10-27-11, 07:18 PM
fredster2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ibedizzy
does anyone have any recommendations for a bluetooth adapter that can support music and calls? i've read reviews for the belkin aircast and the griffin bluetrip, but i heard the sound quality isn't great on the bluetrip and the belkin doesn't autoconnect to your phone's bluetooth.
Belkin has an option available
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Bluetoo...9768256&sr=8-5
Old 10-28-11, 12:57 AM
ibedizzy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fredster2
that's the belkin aircast. i'm looking for something that can autoconnect and has good sound quality
Old 11-18-11, 08:35 PM
Ben10
Driver School Candidate

I cannot find the blackberry music gateway anywhere without it being back ordered or over 100$! Anyone know of a good website or place, even.
Old 11-19-11, 10:01 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

You can get one from Amazon sellers for about $80. I got one a couple weeks ago for about $45; so not as cheap as it used to be since I think it's been discontinued.

On a related note, when I use it it has some static noise when using the car power plug. I know there's a TSB for this, but does anyone knows where the filter is installed by the dealer? I have an alarm in my car that uses the space behind the shifter (little bit behind the D) ... is the filter install under the armrest box?
Old 11-19-11, 04:04 PM
ibedizzy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ben10
I cannot find the blackberry music gateway anywhere without it being back ordered or over 100$! Anyone know of a good website or place, even.
i bought mine from pcnation.com a few weeks ago for $40, but it looks like they're backordered now

Quick Reply: DIY - Bluetooth Music Streaming using A2DP