Why doesnt anyone buy the 350 flexus??

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-11, 11:28 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ApokC
...Probably cuz all the lexus drivers I see are old Asians haha
Lol!! That maybe true for your area, but in Vancouver, Canada is a different story. Young asians over here. More luxary cars being driven by younglings over here thou - most asians (I am asian myself) I have seen are either in BMW, Lexus or Mercedes. Some of the young ones however he or she did not buy the car because it is their parents who bought it for them.

Last edited by Sango; 01-19-11 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-19-11, 11:57 AM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fsport350
i got mine for $43k otd... Did you purchase f-sport accessories? That seems rather high... The sticker price for mine was $46k.
i basically got every f sport accessory available lol, had to

Originally Posted by jmags
long island boy?
nope! Long island girl!!!
Old 01-19-11, 12:04 PM
2IS350DT
Driver

completely personal preference..

to some people all they need is a reliabile car... not car so much about the hp
Old 01-19-11, 12:21 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Long Island girl.......well that changes everything...

Ever come across LI sound to CT?...

We could take our cars out on a date??

Recognize these stacks?
I watch the sunrise over long island alll the time !

Old 01-19-11, 02:14 PM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

People buy the 250's because of price, choice and AWD (because they're petrified of RWD in the snow). I love in NY and haven't had one snowstorm that my car couldn't handle. 250's are cheaper and they're everywhere so it's easier to get color choice, mileage choice, options, etc... I did drive 4 hours away to PA to get my IS350 but that was because the dealer was willing to give me what I needed to get out of my truck lease.

Now regarding the 2011 F sport 350, Brianne did you lease or buy? If you bought, then I think YOUR NUTS!!! LOL. Because for 40k+ there are plenty of ISF's out there. Yea they may be an 08/09 but besides the headlights, cluster, front bumper and some radio options, its the same car
Old 01-19-11, 02:21 PM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jmags
Here's why I bought a 2007 250 awd

- 17.5k with 52k miles
- AWD is huge for me
- It has MORE than enough power (90% of the cars on the highway around me are hondas with 85 hp) I dont think Honda has made a car with 85hp in like 20 years.
- If I want to go beat some 350's or F's I have a vert camaro ss sitting in the driveway :P I hope you mean a 2011 because a convertible 2001 camaro SS isn't beating a 350 and DEF not an F. Stats for that junk car are 0-60 in 5.3 seconds, 1/4 mile in 13.7 seconds @ 105.6 mph. Even the 2011 vert SS only does the 1/4 in 13.2, so that's basically the same as a 350 and not beating an F either.
- It's a lexus, not a sports car
- I want as much gas mileage as possible
- Nobody cares that it's a 250 vs 350 other than people on this board lol.
answers quoted above. And I cared about buying a 350 before i ever heard of this board. So did my friends brother. So I wouldn't say nobody cares.
Old 01-19-11, 02:31 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ScKcBc
People buy the 250's because of price, choice and AWD (because they're petrified of RWD in the snow). I love in NY and haven't had one snowstorm that my car couldn't handle. 250's are cheaper and they're everywhere so it's easier to get color choice, mileage choice, options, etc... I did drive 4 hours away to PA to get my IS350 but that was because the dealer was willing to give me what I needed to get out of my truck lease.

Now regarding the 2011 F sport 350, Brianne did you lease or buy? If you bought, then I think YOUR NUTS!!! LOL. Because for 40k+ there are plenty of ISF's out there. Yea they may be an 08/09 but besides the headlights, cluster, front bumper and some radio options, its the same car
dude, don't get started with me and you about RWD. You drove on a road that was plowed with less than an inch of snow on it and you think you're car can handle snow... lol that video was priceless, everytime you saw a chrystler minivan soccermom mobile in the oncoming lane you guys flipped out!

Also, you held the pedal down and let TAC do it's thing, that's not really "driving a car in the snow" it's "letting a car drive me on a road with hardly any snow on it"

:P

Also, you have no idea what mods I have, I can assure you that my SS with it's lighter weight and more HP than a 350 would have no problem winning any kind of race.

Never said I could beat an F

Ok 85 hp was an exaggeration, I live in one of the most wealthy places around here and I can assure you that a 250 has enough horse power to hold it's own on the highway with all this POS cars around..

And I'll give you that two people in NY care about a 350 vs a 250.

I can promise you "MOST" people have no idea what the difference is, all they know is it's a lexus and not a toyota (and "most" people also don't know that a lexus is just a dressed up toyota either!)

ps. calling someone else's car "Junk" isn't very cool bro. Way to talk about another mans ride.

Last edited by Jmags; 01-19-11 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-19-11, 02:32 PM
pwoodard
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BounceNY
Two reasons come to my mind: AWD and Price

Most folks in the north east buy the IS with AWD which was only available for the IS250 (until this year). Personally I would have gotten the IS350 AWD had it been available a few years ago.

Also, I'm think some people can't justify spending roughly an extra 5k for 100hp, when they might feel 200hp is adequate. A Lexus is still a Lexus.

OP - Why didn't you get an IS-F? I don't see too many of those either around here.
Personally, I did it for the AWD. Even though I just got a 2011, it wasn't worth the extra dough for me to spit out for at 350 with AWD, not to mention the lack of availability, and the fact that I'm not sure all that extra HP would help out in the snow.
Old 01-19-11, 02:55 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ScKcBc

I definitely bought. I will never lease a car again i put between 20k-25k miles a year and I also could never buy something used for that reason. I never said I wasnt nuts lol i just want what i want, ya know? I would only buy a new car I leased once and got totally screwed for ridiculous mileage. The new ISF is like 20k more than what i wanted to spend ... I dont regret my purchase I love her!

named her "angel eyes" cuz the headlights are SICK!!!

Old 01-19-11, 03:06 PM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SUPERBRINO
i basically got every f sport accessory available lol, had to

Superbrino do you have a pic of the brakes please? And the interior? I'm wondering what it comes with that's F sporty.

You said you have the CF cover, the intake, the exhaust and the chassis, right? As well as the springs, shocks and sways?

Last edited by Micaiah; 01-19-11 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-19-11, 03:14 PM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Also, you have no idea what mods I have, I can assure you that my SS with it's lighter weight and more HP than a 350 would have no problem winning any kind of race.

ps. calling someone else's car "Junk" isn't very cool bro. Way to talk about another mans ride.
Awwww......your Camaro isn't junk. It's like my T/A and mine isn't junk either.
Old 01-19-11, 03:20 PM
WeisISF
Pole Position

here in Brooklyn i rarely see a is350 everyone here seem to have a is250 awd maybe caz it snow a lot here? I would love a is-f i was like a thread away from getting one for my 19th birthday but **** happen maybe next year
Old 01-19-11, 03:26 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Awwww......your Camaro isn't junk. It's like my T/A and mine isn't junk either.
It's ok, I'm not really offended... lol you have to take long island boys and what they say with a grain of salt. Next season I hear MTV is doing the LI SHORE and apparently they are worse than the jersey shore! LOL, only place I've ever been is to the Hamptons and Montauk - on LI.... no jersey shore wana be's there!

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...lip-17647.html

http://www.dragtimes.com/Lexus-IS350...lip-14003.html

Here is stock for stock of real world results. Both the fastest time's I could find for each car on this website.

With that said. I know what I've got on my car (camaro) and from a roll the camaro would Murder the 350.

From a dig it'd start out with who had the best launch, even if I fell behind at about 65/70 I'd pull ahead and it'd be bus lengths pretty quickly after that... depending on when we stopped.
Old 01-19-11, 04:30 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Superbrino do you have a pic of the brakes please? And the interior? I'm wondering what it comes with that's F sporty.

You said you have the CF cover, the intake, the exhaust and the chassis, right? As well as the springs, shocks and sways?
I havent taken any interior pics yet but i promise i will!

oh and fyi, the *ONLY* thing i didnt get as far as options was the brembo brakes, i dont regret it either, the brakes on this car are just fine, im not racing anyone and i can just paint my calipers if i really want to ...

Once the weather gets a lil nicer and I can get my tripod and video cammer ready i will hook up some pics and video ... ofcourse so you can hear the exhaust and intake too luvz it!!! the pics ive posted were from when the car was like 2 weeks old and all i wanted to do was drive around and show off lol
Old 01-19-11, 04:33 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

Long Island girl.......well that changes everything...

Ever come across LI sound to CT?...

We could take our cars out on a date??

Recognize these stacks?
I watch the sunrise over long island alll the time !

i have some friends in CT havent been there in a while, maybe when the weather gets nicer we could chill and perhaps i join a meet up there or something love driving thru connecticut ... i have some supra friends who might come too!

Quick Reply: Why doesnt anyone buy the 350 flexus??