IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Re-registering in different state a 2 mo. process!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-11, 07:55 PM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re-registering in different state a 2 mo. process!?

Well, i picked up the car (lease) in ny. after two weeks, i drove it down to miami, and now im working on getting new FL plates. first off, FL only has third party tag agencies - not done through state DMVs. so i went to a tag agency, and after ordering my new plate through bulletproof glass in broken spanish, i finally got the request through. lexus financial needs to get their hands on the original title and mail it to this tag agency before they can issue the new plates. the ny dmv takes 4-8 weeks to get title to lexus financial. then another week for lexus financial to mail the title to florida tag agency. then the tag agency takes 1-2 weeks to process. im looking upwards to 3 months here. is this normal!?

on another note, ive noticed things down in miami are just choatic. i went to comcast today to pick up my box. i was the only english speaking person there. they had to find an employee that spoke english to help me! after a 45 minute wait in line, a brawl broke out. i was elbowed in the face, and three guys were knocked out. cops came and shut down the comcast office for the day. wtf is up with the place. i feel like ive moved to mexico city.
Old 01-22-11, 08:16 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My advice. Call lexus 4 times a day about the title, once it gets to them. It took them 3 weeks of phone calls before they sent mine out.

I can give you a number and extension to bug someone if you'd like, just don't tell her I sent you. Say "You're a manager right? I need something managed", after 5 days of you calling her 4 or 5 times a day, she'll actually do something..
Old 01-22-11, 08:18 PM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jmags
My advice. Call lexus 4 times a day about the title, once it gets to them. It took them 3 weeks of phone calls before they sent mine out.

I can give you a number and extension to bug someone if you'd like, just don't tell her I sent you. Say "You're a manager right? I need something managed", after 5 days of you calling her 4 or 5 times a day, she'll actually do something..
been doing that...trying to get different ppl on the phone to get different responses. what a load of BS.

maybe i should appreciate the delay? my insurance will literally DOUBLE once my miami registration goes into affect. just dont want to get harassed down here with out of state plates (esp. bc i removed my front NY plate and have attention seeking yellow high beams and fogs)

Last edited by ThermonMer; 01-22-11 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-22-11, 08:21 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dial
Press 4 two times wait for prompt each time.
Ask for x 41349
Julie Olsen

Don't tell her I sent you. Just say that you needed to talk to a manager and you need some help now.

However I wouldn't bother calling her until NY sends the title to them. she can't do anything until then.
Old 01-22-11, 08:23 PM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jmags
Dial
Press 4 two times wait for prompt each time.
Ask for x 41349
Julie Olsen

Don't tell her I sent you. Just say that you needed to talk to a manager and you need some help now.

However I wouldn't bother calling her until NY sends the title to them. she can't do anything until then.
thanks!..but thats kind of the biggest problem - ny dmv takes 4 to 8 weeks. maybe i need to go to the source and talk to ny dmv, although it seems useless.