IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Hold out for 08?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-11 | 06:10 PM
kingCUONG
Rookie

i am in the same boat with you op. i'm looking for a 08 GFM with all black or black/cashmere interior with the nav but to no avail. all either have no nav or have too many miles. i'm looking for around 30k or lower miles for around 26 grand. but my dealership guy is going to auctions next week to look for something for me. he has 1400 IS' he's looking at this week but ONLY 1 showed up with that 08 GFM w/ black interior with 50k miles in the Florida area, definitely too many miles for an 08 so i shall wait. don't rush into buying your car unless you are 150% sure on everything you want in it cause you might have to kick yourself in the shin if that perfect one does come with the next few weeks, months or however long. just be patient. and post when you do decide to choose. i'll be posting as soon as i get mines.
Old 01-24-11 | 06:38 PM
meangene
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kingCUONG
i am in the same boat with you op. i'm looking for a 08 GFM with all black or black/cashmere interior with the nav but to no avail. all either have no nav or have too many miles. i'm looking for around 30k or lower miles for around 26 grand. but my dealership guy is going to auctions next week to look for something for me. he has 1400 IS' he's looking at this week but ONLY 1 showed up with that 08 GFM w/ black interior with 50k miles in the Florida area, definitely too many miles for an 08 so i shall wait. don't rush into buying your car unless you are 150% sure on everything you want in it cause you might have to kick yourself in the shin if that perfect one does come with the next few weeks, months or however long. just be patient. and post when you do decide to choose. i'll be posting as soon as i get mines.
It took me almost 6 months to find a GFM is250 with black interior. It doesn't have heated seats or navi, but I really wanted that color combo. I'm going to be adding in the heated seats this weekend and I've been leaning towards the flyaudio system.

It's a great color combo. Good luck with your search.

BTW does anyone know when the dash changed? I recently had my dash replaced due to the Florida heat and my dash looks different than it did. I have 2007 is250.
Old 01-24-11 | 09:31 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Infra
Coin holder? I've had some 09+ IS250 loaners and never noticed this... where exactly is it located?
http://1.photos2.ebizautos.com/used-...733-33-640.jpg

it's that little thing on the left side just under and to the right of the "mode" button on the steering wheel in the picture.

Personally I carry my coin holder with my everywhere... it's called pants.. but some folks seem to like to leave money stuck in their dash, and that sad little thing is where Lexus expects you to put it.
Old 01-25-11 | 01:16 AM
foam
Driver

Doesn't help that every IS350 I seem to find is Silver... nothing wrong with Silver but I just don't feel like it is as nice as the other colors. Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 01-25-11 | 10:09 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Lol really hard to find huh ? how about i'll sell you my car lolz its late 08 and its has only 17800 miles on it lolz, almost brand new so i can up grade to an F lolz
Old 01-25-11 | 10:18 AM
Dunkin1222
Pole Position

IMO- find the one for the best price/lowest miles....end of story
Old 01-25-11 | 10:23 AM
Sephiroth
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kurtz
There were several changes 07->08 actually

coin holder
scuff plate illumination changed from blue to white (improvement IMHO)
wheel color changed to liquid graphite (improvement as well)
front seatbacks changed for more rear legrooms
improved steering feel
I recently bought an 07. I was heavily geared towards getting an 08 but the one thing that was holding me back was the wheel color change. I much preferred the silver (06-07) wheels.
Old 01-25-11 | 10:27 AM
Micaiah

Originally Posted by Sephiroth
I recently bought an 07. I was heavily geared towards getting an 08 but the one thing that was holding me back was the wheel color change. I much preferred the silver (06-07) wheels.
Couldn't you have purchased an 08 and bought or swapped 07 wheels?
Old 01-25-11 | 11:03 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

I doubt he'd have had trouble finding someone to swap either, as most folks I've seen prefer the 08 color
Old 01-25-11 | 01:58 PM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Unless the price difference between the models are big, I would consider looking for an 08 instead, I agree with what Kurtz posted.
Old 01-25-11 | 02:32 PM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jbjones85
On the 06's you have to do a "dance" with the pedals to fully disable the traction control. With the 07+ you just have to hold down the button for about 10 seconds to disable it. Minor but if you like to have traction control off its a huge time/frustration saver.
Wait WHAT? I can turn off the traction control in my IS so i can burn the tires around corners? Im in an IS250 Manual tranny, does this still apply to me? If so do I just press the button again to enable Traction control after im done playing?
Old 01-25-11 | 08:31 PM
kingCUONG
Rookie

Originally Posted by meangene
It took me almost 6 months to find a GFM is250 with black interior. It doesn't have heated seats or navi, but I really wanted that color combo. I'm going to be adding in the heated seats this weekend and I've been leaning towards the flyaudio system.

It's a great color combo. Good luck with your search.

BTW does anyone know when the dash changed? I recently had my dash replaced due to the Florida heat and my dash looks different than it did. I have 2007 is250.

DANG! that's forever. but i'm sure it was worth the wait. gfm is just so so so sexy. it just looks wayyy too nice.. i'm really leaning towards the cashmere interior color now. it really does look nice in pictures but i don't know what it looks like irl. yeah and i'm thinkin bout doing the flyaudio also because i heard it does way more than the oem navi. and thanks bro. i'm still lookin and the guy that's checking the auctions for me, he tells me it's gunna be much easier to find one without the gps. HOPEFULLY it'll be sooon!
Old 01-25-11 | 09:50 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Deegee
Wait WHAT? I can turn off the traction control in my IS so i can burn the tires around corners? Im in an IS250 Manual tranny, does this still apply to me? If so do I just press the button again to enable Traction control after im done playing?
Correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMN-WEWM5IE
Old 01-26-11 | 03:19 PM
ekwlee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Infra
Coin holder? I've had some 09+ IS250 loaners and never noticed this... where exactly is it located?
left side near the mid display select buttons...also where the rear sunshade button would be if u had it installed
Old 01-26-11 | 03:29 PM
gocubs08
Pole Position

yes, wait till u find an 08!! had an 07 and 08 and 08 is much better steering and road feel!!!

Quick Reply: Hold out for 08?