IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS fuel pressure sensor recall (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-11, 10:19 PM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Saca206
DCH filled my tank!!
I'll be going there on a empty tank
Old 04-06-11, 04:09 AM
RA030724
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

OK, since hopefully this thread isn't just a poll about who didn't or did get free fillups, does anyone have any useful information regarding this recall? I really don't want to waste my time at Lexus for them to take 2-3 hours to "torque" a fitting. Does anyone have the TSB or procedure they can post and I will check my own as I have a full set of torque wrenches. Even if someone can just give me the correct torque for the fuel fitting, it would be appreciated. Worst case the gasket is $1.19. Thanks.
Old 04-06-11, 09:49 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Took mine there with 1/4 tank today.

I'm more excited i didnt get one of those awful HS hybrids as a loaner! haha Cant stand those. Got an rx350 for once, nice ride
Old 04-06-11, 10:04 AM
phongX11
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2FNQUIK
Does anyone know if the dealership will give you a loaner even though the car is out of warranty? I know loaners are offered for warranty cars but I don't know about non-warranty cars that are in for recalls??
I got a loaner.

No warranty and didn't buy car from them.
Old 04-07-11, 06:40 PM
IS2FIFTY
Lead Lap

took mine in today dropped the car off at about 12 got a ES loaner and picked it back up at around 5:30. They ended up replacing my gasket so I'm guessing there was some type of leakage that I wasn't aware about so for those who think this is a waste of time it's not and you should get the recall DONE as every Recall is important. Also went in with 1/4 tank of gas and left with a Full Tank of Gas
Old 04-07-11, 06:44 PM
cloo7
Pole Position

I was a little fortunate. It took about a couple of hours to get oil change and recall done. I guess there was no leakage, and a full tank of gas was issued.
Old 04-09-11, 03:45 PM
ddhleigh
Pole Position

Just got this done about 2 hours ago. In total, it took only 1.5 hours including the free car wash and vacuum. However, there is no free tank of gas here in Vancouver.
Old 04-09-11, 06:50 PM
Lexitegra
Lexus Test Driver

I dropped mine off @ Lexus of Riverside and will be picking it up on Monday. They provided an ES350 loaner and according to the paperwork, will be refueling my vehicle (I did not have to ask for it). Took in in with half a tank and will see if they do fill her up. As my SA explained, they'll check the fuel sensor and tighten it if it's loose. If there are any leaks, they'll replace it.

I snapped a pic of the paperwork to show those curious:
Old 04-09-11, 06:53 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^ Noooooo!!! Don't let the dealership wash your car. They'll give you swirl marks.
Old 04-09-11, 07:08 PM
Lexitegra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by brociouz
^ Noooooo!!! Don't let the dealership wash your car. They'll give you swirl marks.
Poo, I think it's probably been done. I asked that they not wash it and for some reason when I saw that line item, at a glance I thought it pertained to the courtesy vehicle I received .

Oh well, guess I'll have to give it some TLC when the weather clears up.
Old 04-09-11, 09:52 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Just made my appointment with Keyes. Without me bringing it up, the phone operator stated I will be getting a loaner and full tank of gas. Timing could not be any better, with gas prices going up daily.
Old 04-09-11, 10:17 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexitegra
I dropped mine off @ Lexus of Riverside and will be picking it up on Monday. They provided an ES350 loaner and according to the paperwork, will be refueling my vehicle (I did not have to ask for it). Took in in with half a tank and will see if they do fill her up. As my SA explained, they'll check the fuel sensor and tighten it if it's loose. If there are any leaks, they'll replace it.
NOOOO! Not Lexus of Riverside!!! I avoided that place even tho i work in Riverside and spend most of the time there...a lot of people had negative things to say and i searched here on CL and found only negative stuff too. I drive all the way to Longo for service just to avoid them! lol

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mai...ide-sucks.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...riverside.html
Old 04-09-11, 10:22 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Anyways i took my IS into Longo, they did the recall along with other services. Free tank of Chevron gas and a loaner
Old 04-09-11, 11:13 PM
Lexitegra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
NOOOO! Not Lexus of Riverside!!! I avoided that place even tho i work in Riverside and spend most of the time there...a lot of people had negative things to say and i searched here on CL and found only negative stuff too. I drive all the way to Longo for service just to avoid them! lol

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mai...ide-sucks.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...riverside.html
Ai-ya! AND they likely washed my car, which was a subject of complaint in both those threads! Well, both of those threads are from years ago, so maybe they've changed? (Me being hopeful.) They were pretty nice to me but I guess it remains to be seen what quality of service my vehicle received. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to carefully inspect my car when I pick it up.
Old 04-09-11, 11:22 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lexitegra
Ai-ya! AND they likely washed my car, which was a subject of complaint in both those threads! Well, both of those threads are from years ago, so maybe they've changed? (Me being hopeful.) They were pretty nice to me but I guess it remains to be seen what quality of service my vehicle received. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to carefully inspect my car when I pick it up.
Dealer car washes are all the same though, even people that go to Longo have had complaints before about the car wash. ALWAYS refuse the dealer car wash!

Quick Reply: IS fuel pressure sensor recall (merged threads)