IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS fuel pressure sensor recall (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-11, 03:59 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Kingcuong if you don't want the IS just cause a lose sensor nut I don't know what to say. But no cars are perfect. Texas02118 just call your dealer and ask they will let you know.
Old 01-27-11, 04:21 PM
kingCUONG
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's not that i don't want the IS. it's the fact that i am pretty busy and i live in panama city. the closest lexus dealership around is in jacksonville. which is 3 hours away. i really don't want to buy a used one and then have to take off from work and go to another city, drop my car off, then come pick it back up in X amount of days/weeks after buying it and already having to bring it in for maintenance. how fun does that sound? lol and work is already slow as is and losing a day isn't going to cut it seeing as how i make commission and not salary. but hopefully i'll speak to the place i'm getting my car at and see if they can either bring down the price for my IS or get that nut tightened before my purchase. i'll just have to wait and see.
Old 01-27-11, 05:28 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kingCUONG
it's not that i don't want the IS. it's the fact that i am pretty busy and i live in panama city. the closest lexus dealership around is in jacksonville. which is 3 hours away. i really don't want to buy a used one and then have to take off from work and go to another city, drop my car off, then come pick it back up in X amount of days/weeks after buying it and already having to bring it in for maintenance. how fun does that sound? lol and work is already slow as is and losing a day isn't going to cut it seeing as how i make commission and not salary. but hopefully i'll speak to the place i'm getting my car at and see if they can either bring down the price for my IS or get that nut tightened before my purchase. i'll just have to wait and see.

Usually any recall work would be done before you buy the car.... But I would make sure to ask them just in case
Old 01-28-11, 01:12 PM
kingCUONG
Rookie

even if it's not an actual lexus dealership? i'm buying my IS from a smaller dealership that buys lexus' from auctions, should i ask them to get that done for me or try to get it at a lower price? i've noticed a few IS' i seen on cars.com were priced higher the other day before the recall then i checked it again yesterday and it seems like 3 different dealerships with IS' brought their price down at least 2 grand or so. there was a 08 TP IS going for 26,980 now its around 24,550 after recent recall. too bad none of them were GFM, i would've been all over it.

edit: and thanks for answering my q, giantsfan.
Old 01-28-11, 01:33 PM
vinconist
Pole Position

if ur sensors not leaking then u dont have to get the recall, if u looks at the recall, theyre just going to retorque the sensor if nothings wrong, and most likely nothings gona be wrong, if there is, they can probably tow your car all the way there if ur concerned about ur safety
Old 02-04-11, 05:49 AM
lexus9810
Driver School Candidate

I want a '11 IS350 loaner with the new headlights. So I can jack them. Hhaha jk.

Also, my range approx. says 13 miles. The dealer is currently 5 miles form me. Full tank of gas!
Old 02-04-11, 08:45 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i would never ever want my stealership to give me a 'tank of gas'... for the same reason i wouldn't take my Royal Purple in the trunk to have them put it in...
Old 02-04-11, 09:31 AM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

how is royal purple for the car?
i use mobil 1
Old 02-04-11, 10:01 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Imnutz4jdm
how is royal purple for the car?
i use mobil 1
oil is oil, as long as you change it regularly and dont do those 'not long enough to heat up' trips, RP/Amsoil and the other boutique oils are mostly a placebo~ but i still buy them Balla is as balla does

lotta threads on oil here, do a search and you'll learn alot, i did.
Old 02-08-11, 12:20 AM
SilvaIS350
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Another one!
Old 02-10-11, 05:22 AM
bubsy12
Driver School Candidate

Called the dealership the day after I heard about the recall on the news they put me on a "call back" list as they hadn't received word on what work needed to be done and/or what parts were affected... Still have yet to hear back.
Old 02-10-11, 08:24 AM
willfxp
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With all the "negative" posts, I just wanted to say I had my car in for something else, and when I went to pick it up, they said "hey, there was another recall, but we did it for you already". Just saying, not all dealerships are bad !
Old 02-10-11, 10:42 AM
Ep350
Rookie

Originally Posted by bubsy12
Called the dealership the day after I heard about the recall on the news they put me on a "call back" list as they hadn't received word on what work needed to be done and/or what parts were affected... Still have yet to hear back.
Just called to make an appointment for the other two recalls for my car when they were suppose to call me back when the parts came in due to a nation wide shortage on parts. Got an appt. monday after a month has passed and I asked about the sensor recall and the girl told me it doesnt show up on the computer and that they would be sending out letters by the end of the month to cars that are affected. So another appointment needed to fix that problem because my car is affected by this recent recall!!!! We'll see what happens.....
Old 02-10-11, 11:57 AM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine looked into it last week because I had the car in. They don't even have the tools from Lexus for it yet in NJ. They did say that if it were leaking you would smell a strong gasoline smell.
Old 02-10-11, 12:00 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone have this done yet? I was wondering how long it usually takes... I'm set to have this done on Tuesday. (along with the brake recall on my moms rx)

Quick Reply: IS fuel pressure sensor recall (merged threads)