IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Photo shoppers? I need your help to track down this lunatic driver..

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-11, 11:29 AM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Photo shoppers? I need your help to track down this lunatic driver..

Long story short I'm sitting at a red light that has a left turn lane ONLY that is to my left of course.

Light turns green I go straight.

I make it 100% of the way through the intersection, when all of a sudden there is a PRIUS hood at my drivers side window....GOING MY DIRECTION!!! Scared the **** out of me! The car is on the wrong side of a busy road (1pm on a Friday)...

I lay on the horn and slow down to let in this lunatic.

The person gets infront of me.......and what to do I see???

How's my driving?? on her bumper!! It has a website (which I can probably figure out) on it!! I start to smile.

The light infront of us turns red, it is red for at least a full second before we get to it......My window is down and I'm mouthing the words "I'm going to report you"

She says something back that I have no idea what it was and she ran the red light. She then got onto the highway.

Well guess what, 95 always has traffic after 11am on Friday's. I had NO PROBLEM catching up to her.

Here's the pic I got (we were actually moving and I was holding up the center lane by snapping this, I didn't want to be too much of a **** and slow others down so I kept going).

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_EhTE6BDsbts/TU...2013.09.00.jpg

Can anyone enhance this to get the website off the sticker?

Here's a diagram that is an accurate depiction of where things happened. She got in my lane JUST as we got to the train bridge.

It's a city owned car.

http://i55.tinypic.com/4l6r76.jpg
Old 01-28-11, 11:43 AM
SB350
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, just let it go. Nobody got hit, there were no damages or injuries. People make mistakes everyday on the road. Nobody’s a perfect driver. I’m sure you’ve made some mistakes on the road in your time.
Old 01-28-11, 11:50 AM
CTlex7
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha Jmags - I drive Arch St everyday! I agree with SB350...need to let it go and get used to terrible driving in that area.
Old 01-28-11, 11:51 AM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SB350
Dude, just let it go. Nobody got hit, there were no damages or injuries. People make mistakes everyday on the road. Nobody’s a perfect driver. I’m sure you’ve made some mistakes on the road in your time.
I will do no such thing.

When I was in this situation, I made the left turn because it was my own fault that I ended up in the wrong lane. She should have done the same.

She put my life and people in the oncoming lanes lives in danger. She needs to be removed from the road for a while.

I found the website. http://fleet.ct.gov/fleetpublic/FleetComments.aspx

And sent my story + the pictures to them. I'll give them a week to get in touch, but there is NO WAY this should go unchecked.
Old 01-28-11, 12:01 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

ps. got the pic higher res.

hope she gets the car taken away from her

http://i54.tinypic.com/qqelpi.jpg
Old 01-28-11, 12:10 PM
CalMike
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha, love the schematics and the time you've invested in this. Unfortunately, the "enhance" feature is pretty much something out of movies like Clear and Present Danger or TV shows like Law and Order or CSI. In reality, an image will only be as detailed as the maximum resolution it was originally captured at, regardless of whatever image interpolation software you might be working with. While drivers like this woman **** me off to no end as well, I agree with SB350 and CTlex7 that you really should just let this one go. However, I live in LA and outrageous drivers like this are a dime a dozen, so I know it might give you some satisfaction to try and report this. If it bothers you that much and you know it's a city-owned vehicle, why not take this photo to your local city hall and try to do some investigative work there? I tried blowing it up in Photoshop for you. Judging by the color, it seems like a Connecticut plate, so maybe this vehicle is indeed local for your county. It appears that the license plate, after the Municipal Logo reads either 5-7369 or 5-T569. Sorry nothing more can be done to decipher the bumper sticker.
Old 01-28-11, 12:11 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Good job Jmags. I'd do the same thing. People shouldn't get away with stuff like this - you're making society a better place.
Old 01-28-11, 12:13 PM
CalMike
Pit Crew

Just saw you posted it at higher res, with the plate and bumper sticker fully legible. I hope it helps you get some justice!
Old 01-28-11, 12:15 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

I dont know how you peeps can NOT report something like this.

http://i54.tinypic.com/qqelpi.jpg

I have the high res pic right there and already sent off a complaint.

This woman should not be driving the roads. All she had to do was make a LEFT since she was in a left turn lane and then go around and get on the highway from the other direction.

I saw someone pull a UTURN in the middle of an intersection today on Route 1 in greenwich...... Talk about idiot.
Old 01-28-11, 12:30 PM
LilMan23
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah this is crazy and nonsense lmao! u guys r just wasting time -.-"
Old 01-28-11, 12:32 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

well it is a friday afternoon and my lunch isn't ready yet
Old 01-28-11, 12:37 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jmags
I dont know how you peeps can NOT report something like this.

This woman should not be driving the roads. All she had to do was make a LEFT since she was in a left turn lane and then go around and get on the highway from the other direction.
My thoughts exactly, not only did she make an idiot move and did not turn left, but when someone called her out on it, she RAN a RED LIGHT!! I think she should be FIRED from driving, PERIOD!

Plus, look at the weather conditions it doesnt warrant idiot moves on the road.
Old 01-28-11, 12:52 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

I think you need to let this go too. Life is not easy , maybe she was on the edge of getting fired.... No offense I think someone need to get a life and get over this. You make it sound like, you saw a street race for the first time of your life, and woahhh your life was in danger. Well your okay and it wasn't as bad as a street race.
Old 01-28-11, 12:56 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't understand why all these posters are chiming just to tell the OP to get over it. He has a photo and the perpetrator has a "How's my driving?" sticker. Why wouldn't you report her? Maybe by reporting her she'll learn her lesson and start driving safely, preventing her from causing an accident and possibly killing someone.
Old 01-28-11, 01:02 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

She deserves everything that happens. That was so irresponsible on so many levels. Unfortuanatly I encouner these drivers literally every day in the bay area.

Quick Reply: Photo shoppers? I need your help to track down this lunatic driver..