IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What would you change from your ISX50?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-11, 12:08 PM
nonopr01
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What would you change from your ISX50?

Not intended for Modifications we all do to personalize our cars.

I am talking about actual interior, exterior or else features in the actual IS you drive right now.
It will be a great way to expose to Lexus things that are not cutting it right now.

For me the only thing will be:
No Brake Pedal in Auto transmission. I would love to see an Emergency Hand Brake.

This car is a younger car and a bit of sportiness in it. It should have an Emergency Hand brake.
Old 02-02-11, 12:11 PM
MDOTM
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How when it's 37 degrees it flashes over and over. It gets annoying!
Old 02-02-11, 12:13 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 608 Likes on 405 Posts

Nothing illuminated green, or everything illuminated green. Pick one. (This includes the compass on the rear view mirror).

Clock display should at least match the climate control/radio displays, if not a different style of clock altogether.

Climate control/radio displays are hazy, it seems like it's some sort of anti-glare coating on the display, but it's not, because when there is glare it makes it 5x worse.

"TEMP", "PASSENGER TEMP", as well as similar radio ****/button labels should be illuminated.

Temperature up/down buttons could be illuminated blue/red for cold/hot (not necessary, but might be nice).

As you can see, most of my complaints involve the center stack area. It's by far the weakest link in the entire 2IS lineup.

Jeff
Old 02-02-11, 12:16 PM
Rash
hmm

Better cars in Middle East, better options, and better service.

We still don't have the IS350, and the IS250 finally arrived in 2011. We only have 17" stocks, never had 18".

Also I wanted to update the Navigation, they said, "I'm not sure it will work." and the ****ing DVD is way overpriced comparing to what you guys have.
Old 02-02-11, 12:18 PM
SB350
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The eco-friendly paint that rock chips so easily .
Old 02-02-11, 12:21 PM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

- Live traffic on NAV
- paddle shifters that actually shift
- be consistant with the lighting (as in don't mix halogen with LED, use same color)
- offer more interior color choices

I can't really think of much, I love this car...
Old 02-02-11, 12:30 PM
shiny250
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everything everyone one else said plus:

the dash board green color is really outdated. time for a new color. cars such as the g35/37 have a beautifully designed interior that lexus should check out. even the non-nav models come with a multimedia screen to control climate, media, and other functions.

also i wish our rear seats folded down. many people say the reason lexus omitted this feature is to increase structural rigidity. but lexus should atleast offer it as an option.

other than that i'm extremely pleased with the IS and have enjoyed it since day 1.
Old 02-02-11, 12:50 PM
Duke02
Driver

manual AWD IS350 - if they've added this already, I apologize but I think all they have right now is AWD IS350.

I think they also need to work on the ride a bit - maybe utilize the magnaride type shocks. in my opinion, they need to work on the handling/ride balance.
Old 02-02-11, 12:55 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

The problem is that people always say they prefer manual, etc. but when the time comes, they get the automatic anyways. I've seen it time and time again.

IS250 A/T account for most 2IS sales, the IS350 A/T is next, then there is the tiny number of IS250 M/T's. It's just not a popular option to offer it in every available configuration.

Disappointing for sure, if I could have gotten an IS350 M/T...

Jeff
Old 02-02-11, 12:58 PM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

A small screen on the dash for navigation purposes and on board data, instead of that tiny lil screen.
Old 02-02-11, 01:08 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paint chips. Is the only thing I can think of right now and my freggin steerin wheel
Old 02-02-11, 01:12 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

its too beautiful, to many people looking at my car instead of watching where their going, it scares me~
Old 02-02-11, 01:17 PM
colHolM
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
The problem is that people always say they prefer manual, etc. but when the time comes, they get the automatic anyways. I've seen it time and time again.

IS250 A/T account for most 2IS sales, the IS350 A/T is next, then there is the tiny number of IS250 M/T's. It's just not a popular option to offer it in every available configuration.

Disappointing for sure, if I could have gotten an IS350 M/T...

Jeff
Actually, if you look at 2009 and 2010 sales, we have (in Canada) sold more IS250 6Ms than IS350s!

Back on track, things I would like to see:

More durable finish on the wheels. I expect stone chips to appear on my bumper and hood, but not my wheels. (I have the 18" Liquid Graphite finish)

Display audio system... Nav and Non-Nav.

Those little extender things on the flip down sun visors.

Consistent interior lighting (as previously mentioned) - both colour and type of bulb.

F-Sport Quickshifter should be STANDARD on all 6M models.

Auto-up windows - from the remote control.

Not sure how it would affect styling, but I wouldn't mind a wider trunk opening. I don't expect the trunk to be any bigger, I just have a hard time putting things like my guitar back there.

Optional IS-F seats.
Old 02-02-11, 01:20 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

True, that's because Canada loves the AWD. I think now that there is an AWD IS350, the percentages on the IS350 might go up a bit in Canada as well.

The IS-F seats (or quite similar) come in the F-Sport package on ISX50 RWD models.

Jeff
Old 02-02-11, 01:21 PM
vinconist
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PorSiempre
I don't prefer the footwell illuminated while I am driving. I wish that there was a way that I could extinguish the footwell lights while driving and only have them illuminated during ingress and egress of my IS.

I much prefer the cabin as dark as possible while I am driving; so much so, that during night time driving, I turn the instrumentation lighting down all the way to its lowest limit; yet not so much that the instrument lighting is extinguished completely. Being able to extinguish the foowell lights would contribute to a darker environment within the cabin of the IS much to my satisfaction.
thats already an option, u can tell the dealer to turn them off then it only turns on when u open the car

Quick Reply: What would you change from your ISX50?