IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

does Lexus dealers give out loaner car even if you didn't buy the car from them?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-11, 11:02 AM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MashinA
id like to get a loaner but the thought of leaving my car at the dealer for such a long time makes me cringe!!!
i agree ... loaner or not
Old 02-04-11, 11:36 AM
allst4r
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow i never thought this was a problem... purchased mine from longo i take it anywhere and i always got a loaner.

btw the dealership i go to. the sales guy couldn't match the price so i was forced to purchase at longo...
Old 02-04-11, 11:59 AM
eggwoll
Lead Lap

yes they do
Old 02-04-11, 12:24 PM
xology
Driver School Candidate

ditto

like everyone else said, you should be fine.

I bought my car from texas, service in omaha, and still get loaners

watch out about the service wash they provide (some are good, other's not so good), if you don't want it, you better tell them
Old 02-04-11, 12:39 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Long as you do service there, im sure they will be happy to give you a loaner....
Old 02-04-11, 12:43 PM
BlkSapPrl7
Driver

Yes as long as it's a Lexus
Old 02-07-11, 10:58 AM
Njgirl1963
Driver School Candidate

My 2 cents worth is this: I have purchased 4 previously enjoyed Lexus' in the last 8 years. All were NOT from the "local dealer". Never the less, the Lexus dealer in Southern NJ is absolutley rude and snobbish to you when they find out you did not purchase the car from them. On the other hand, the local Toyota dealer is just fine and will give you a loaner if need be. Go figure.
Old 02-07-11, 11:18 AM
willfxp
Driver

Originally Posted by PorSiempre
Ahhhh, capitalism and competition at its best.
Well, this might not be...

Safe assumption would be that Lexus corp only allows a certain amount of dealerships in a given area, which brings down the competition and allows underpar service to thrive
Old 02-07-11, 12:47 PM
509IS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DOUGLis350
My dealer gives me a loaner and I didn't even buy my 350 from a Lexus dealer. You'll be fine.
^^^Same here
Old 02-07-11, 12:49 PM
DreamerzCC
Pole Position

They give me one whenever I have to drop it off and go back to work. When you make your appt. make sure you tell them yo will need a loaner. Thats all you have to do.
Old 02-07-11, 12:53 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ISRocker
Are all loaners "Lexus" brand? At my dealer they have some Lexus loaners. When they run out, they use a rental car company, Not Lexus...
Usually it is a Lexus. Although the last time I took my IS in for dealer service, they gave me a brand new Suburban as a loaner. What a tank that thing is!
Old 02-07-11, 06:04 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I find it highly un likely that a service tech or lexus in general would care if you bought your car at another dealer. For one you could have moved and either way your brining business to their service and parts department so to them your money is green and thats all that matters. I bought 2 cars at lexus of tampa bay and one at an infiniti dealership a few cities away. I get the same treatment, in fact I just had a 2011 IS250 with sat radio for almost 2 weeks while they worked on my sc430's navigation.
Old 02-07-11, 08:18 PM
rza8gamma
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xology
ditto

like everyone else said, you should be fine.

I bought my car from texas, service in omaha, and still get loaners

watch out about the service wash they provide (some are good, other's not so good), if you don't want it, you better tell them
Sometimes they wash it even though you tell them not to. Next time im going to put a fat sign in the dash that reads "DO NOT WASH ME" its frustrating plus they don't do a good job.
Old 02-07-11, 08:50 PM
OPTiK
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rza8gamma
Sometimes they wash it even though you tell them not to. Next time im going to put a fat sign in the dash that reads "DO NOT WASH ME" its frustrating plus they don't do a good job.
I hear ya. Usually I just take 2-3 piece of paper and write "DO NOT WASH" and then stick onto the dash and odometer. If I forget my service dealership does a pretty good job getting the point across and they have yet to wash it (fingers crossed). Dealerships (all) will just swirl the hell out of your car if you let them wash it.
Old 02-07-11, 09:06 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OPTiK
I hear ya. Usually I just take 2-3 piece of paper and write "DO NOT WASH" and then stick onto the dash and odometer. If I forget my service dealership does a pretty good job getting the point across and they have yet to wash it (fingers crossed). Dealerships (all) will just swirl the hell out of your car if you let them wash it.
I do the same thing, I put a "Do Not Wash" sign on the dash, plus I make sure the service rep makes a note on my paperwork that I don't want the "free" wash. It makes me sick to watch the dealership "washers" scrub the hell out of the paint to make it "clean". I am the only one to have ever washed my car (I took delivery of the car at the dealer, and took all the plastic off with my own two hands), and it has no swirl marks what so ever!

Quick Reply: does Lexus dealers give out loaner car even if you didn't buy the car from them?