IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help identifying 19" Forged Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-11, 07:27 PM
skipper469
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a picture of the wheel straight on. Also a couple of the inner part of the rim. I can't find any identifying markings anywhere?? Sorry the pictures suck..
Attached Thumbnails Help identifying 19" Forged Wheels?-rim4.jpg   Help identifying 19" Forged Wheels?-rim5.jpg   Help identifying 19" Forged Wheels?-rim6.jpg  
Old 02-14-11, 07:32 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, if they can't identify the rims and replace the two damaged ones, I'd opt to take a set of brand new IS 18" rims. The value on the stock Lexus IS rims are probably more than the aftermarket 19" rims.
Old 02-14-11, 07:43 PM
skipper469
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Personally, if they can't identify the rims and replace the two damaged ones, I'd opt to take a set of brand new IS 18" rims. The value on the stock Lexus IS rims are probably more than the aftermarket 19" rims.
Do you think this is the best I should have them do? As stupid as I am for doing it, I paid them 4K for "forged" 19 wheels" on exchange as stated on paper by the dealer. If they only offer me stock rims and tires I'll feel pretty insulted and refer to a lawyer. It seems a matter of principal that they should replace them with "real forged 19 wheels" or regular wheels and my money back. The damage is only half the issue now to me. If they are not forged, it is simple FRAUD. I feel like a moron now; but I am legally in the right.
Old 02-14-11, 07:54 PM
Fuzzie
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow.. 4k for those wheels? arent the FSport wheels close to 4k? just tell them to switch?
Old 02-14-11, 08:01 PM
foam
Driver

Originally Posted by skipper469
Do you think this is the best I should have them do? As stupid as I am for doing it, I paid them 4K for "forged" 19 wheels" on exchange as stated on paper by the dealer. If they only offer me stock rims and tires I'll feel pretty insulted and refer to a lawyer. It seems a matter of principal that they should replace them with "real forged 19 wheels" or regular wheels and my money back. The damage is only half the issue now to me. If they are not forged, it is simple FRAUD. I feel like a moron now; but I am legally in the right.
I wouldn't take stock 18's. I would ask for F-Sport Wheels because they damaged your 19" wheels so you should get comparable wheels if they can't replace it.
Old 02-14-11, 08:07 PM
skipper469
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Fuzzie
wow.. 4k for those wheels? arent the FSport wheels close to 4k? just tell them to switch?
I'd be ok with that option. If they aren't forged wheels, which they seem not to be based on the opinion of some very knowledgable people on this forum; Arrowhead Lexus is going to have one seriously pissed of client tomorrow! The damage to the wheels seems to be the secondary now in contrast to the point that they sold me wheels that aren't what they should be. Should I go to a wheel shop before I go to the dealer tomorrow and have an independent person certify that they are not "forged"?
Old 02-14-11, 09:05 PM
Rikg35
Lead Lap

I wish I was your salesman!!
Old 02-14-11, 09:28 PM
skipper469
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rikg35
I wish I was your salesman!!
Yes, I'm sure you do. Thanks for your sarcastic comment. You've been such a help!
Old 02-14-11, 09:48 PM
tastfulmod
Pole Position

I would ask for stock Lexus wheels and get your money back and then get wheels of your own choice. As far as these wheels they don't look like forged to me actually if there is no name on them I would think they are really cheap wheels IMO. But don't ask for the f-sports because those are only like $2,000
Old 02-14-11, 10:02 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

not a big fan of all types of chrome wheels on sedans and coupes, they belong to big trucks and suvs.
Old 02-14-11, 10:04 PM
skipper469
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tastfulmod
I would ask for stock Lexus wheels and get your money back and then get wheels of your own choice. As far as these wheels they don't look like forged to me actually if there is no name on them I would think they are really cheap wheels IMO. But don't ask for the f-sports because those are only like $2,000
Yeah. Looks like I might be able to make this wrong a right in some way hopefully. I'll post up the outcome of this situation tomorrow.
Old 02-14-11, 11:18 PM
ShaunBhere
Rookie

Taking the wheels somewhere to have them looked at might be a good idea. There may be some identifying markings on the actual hub area on the inside of the rim. Since you can't take them off at your place I would go somewhere to have at least one removed so you can try to determine what they sold you.

Make sure the dealer puts whatever they tell you tomorrow in writing again. You should look at this situation from a standpoint that you may have to sue and collect as much information as you can in case you end up in court.
Old 02-14-11, 11:24 PM
skipper469
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ShaunBhere
Taking the wheels somewhere to have them looked at might be a good idea. There may be some identifying markings on the actual hub area on the inside of the rim. Since you can't take them off at your place I would go somewhere to have at least one removed so you can try to determine what they sold you.

Make sure the dealer puts whatever they tell you tomorrow in writing again. You should look at this situation from a standpoint that you may have to sue and collect as much information as you can in case you end up in court.
Yeah, I agree. That exactly what I'm going to do. Thanks!
Old 02-15-11, 07:17 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

The car comes with a jack and wrench. It only takes a few minutes to jack itup and remove the wheel to check out the back.

It doesn't say what wheels they are in the window sticker that came with the car?
Old 02-15-11, 08:10 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Aftermarket rims from the dealer are always always overpriced in my experience. Because they wanna make money off that to afterall its a business. If they said replace or repair it would be in there best intrest to repair these instead of replace. If they are actually Forged is a whole nother story. GL man looks like you may have something here. If they are NOT forged I would ask for F-sport rims and refund you the difference. WIN WIN. GL

Quick Reply: Help identifying 19" Forged Wheels?