IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Slamming Car Door

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-11, 02:43 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here. I hate ppl slam my door.

I have this "suck in" effect on my passenger door like IS250TW described. Don't know if it can be adjust so it doesn't do it?
Old 02-15-11, 03:30 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I think a lot of people drive crappy cars that require a hard slam to close their doors. They aren't use to our cars easy and smooth closing doors. If they've ridden in the car a few times, and still slam the doors, they officially fall into the category of inconsiderate jack-@$$
Old 02-15-11, 04:17 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,355 Posts

On my last car, a G35 coupe, a common complaint was replacement of the power window motor in the driver's door. On mine, the motor failed on the passenger's side. I obtained a DIY, and replaced it myself. This was a product of door slamming by my wife. We talked about it, and she now is more careful. I don't know if the motors in the ISX50 are as fragile as the Infiniti motrs, but I think not. I hate slamming any opening appendage on my F - any of the doors, the trunk or the hood

Lou
Old 02-15-11, 04:25 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

i hate when people do that too. for some reason my gf is in the habit that when she opens the door for the outside, she pulls the handle to open it and lets go, letting the handle fling back in place. she does the same for the interior handle also. maybe its just me but when i open the door, i hold the handle and til it goes back into place. if that makes any sense lol.
Old 02-15-11, 04:29 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Doors on our IS closes much easier than other cars. Not only crappy cars. I was at an Audi dealer to try out some new models and I couldn't shut the door properly whether from out side or inside on the first try. I had to give it really firm push to close the door. On my IS the door almost closes by itself.

The worst is when ppl slam the door when windows is rolled down. That sound.....BAAAAANNNNNG! Is like the door will break in pieces...
Old 02-15-11, 04:38 AM
jessepesc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if she slammed my door over and over like that i just would not let her ride in the car any more!
Old 02-15-11, 05:27 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Muggy
I actually hate people slamming my TRUNK more than the door..
True That. I hate that!

As for the doors, our doors are heavier than most cars (or it appears that way to me?) so people dont realize they shut with pretty small effort. My gf hasnt learned after 2 years... SLAMMMM.
Old 02-15-11, 08:28 AM
OPTiK
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If someone slams my door then i let them know not to do it next time and they get the point. The worst is the trunk, everyone thinks they need to exert excess downward force like they're doing the wheel on the price is right.
Old 02-15-11, 08:46 AM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by simple
This is funny but this is the only car I'd ever owned that I let the doors close themselves, especially the driver side. I open the door to where I can get in then just let go, it swings back and shuts itself (badass...!)
ahaha, I do the same thing! sometimes my left foot gets stuck in the door though :/
Old 02-15-11, 08:51 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

I wouldn't go as far as sayin I hate it when people slam my car door. The few times people have I let them know its not neccesary and it didn't happen again. Everyone that has ridden in my car knows how I feel about it and wouldn't dare. My friends bag of small fries spilled in my car when I took a sharp corner and you shoulda saw the look on her face . It was like a lil kid that just had did something wrong and a Oh ***** face all in one lol
Old 02-15-11, 09:12 AM
simple
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dvo
ahaha, I do the same thing! sometimes my left foot gets stuck in the door though :/
Then ur a tab slow
Old 02-15-11, 09:51 AM
embolism
Lead Lap

I've gotten to the point where I have to always close my back doors twice. Since they aren't as heavy as the front, sometimes they don't close fully with the minimal forces I am used to exerting...

on another topic, does anyone find themselves fondling the vertical leather between their legs at traffic stops and whatnot?

sooo soft...

I make sure to put extra leather conditioner there every month....

just read that back and it doesn't sound so manly... oh well
Old 02-15-11, 10:06 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by embolism
I've gotten to the point where I have to always close my back doors twice. Since they aren't as heavy as the front, sometimes they don't close fully with the minimal forces I am used to exerting...

on another topic, does anyone find themselves fondling the vertical leather between their legs at traffic stops and whatnot?

sooo soft...

I make sure to put extra leather conditioner there every month....

just read that back and it doesn't sound so manly... oh well
LOL!!!! That made me laugh
Old 02-15-11, 11:29 AM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by simple
Then ur a tab slow
I know, I need to work on that -_-
Old 02-15-11, 11:37 AM
sigteacher
Driver