IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Tired of waiting for Lexus to get the IS I want

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-11, 09:33 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Order it now and start buying all the parts for it NOW!! This way you'll have a room full of IS performance/visual products to hug when alone!
Old 02-15-11, 09:33 AM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe I'm the first to say this in this thread. The manager was jerking you around, it doesn't take 7 months for a special order cars. Go to another dealership!
Old 02-15-11, 09:46 AM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered my 350. I waited. I received it. I love it.

Oh, and if you can do it financially, order PCS. It has saved my bacon a couple of times. Love the radar cruise too although some probably would not agree with me on that one.

Just don't settle for less than what you want.
Old 02-15-11, 09:47 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wait for it! you will be happy you did. You'll love the car more too
Old 02-15-11, 10:26 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Keep looking and asking dealers. If none becomes available, you can always build your own vehicle on the Lexus website and have it delivered. I know you're bummed that you couldn't get the ride you want because it wasn't in the inventory, but patience is key, as 509IS350 mentioned. But if you can't wait, then there's no problem with getting the 350 AWD without ML. Either way, hopefully you can appreciate what you've got because you've waited some time to get it. Best of luck!
Old 02-15-11, 10:50 AM
Recluse
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MiiK350
I can't believe I'm the first to say this in this thread. The manager was jerking you around, it doesn't take 7 months for a special order cars. Go to another dealership!
I agree completely.
Old 02-15-11, 11:35 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I would wait... if you want ML/DVD that bad, it'll be worth it in the end!
Old 02-15-11, 11:46 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If you don't wait, you'll end up regretting it.
Old 02-15-11, 12:07 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

it is entirely possible that they don't have exactly your color/package combo in the US and the car would have to be special ordered. average wait time seems to be about 90 days from the day the car is ordered to delivery. of course there's a certain amount of lead time before the factory starts building the car once the order is in, but it should be included in that 90 days. if you order now, i would think you would have the car some time by end of May. While it's possible that the factory won't start building the car till April, i don't think it would be another 3 months before delivery. that seems long.

bottom line though, i agree with everyone that you should wait and get exactly what you want. as mentioned, a ~3 month wait is unavoidable, shouldn't be a 5-6 month wait though.
Old 02-15-11, 12:33 PM
yangster
Pit Crew

Run to another dealer. They are yanking your chain and trying to get you to either take one off their lot or from one that they can trade. I read in some other threads that special builds have to be in at the beginning of the month. Then they go into lexus limbo (ha) for about 2.5 months till they get to the "build stage". This is when the dealer gets notified and can apparently cancel the order at that time. From there, it's one week to build and another week on the water.

I had to order an IS350C for the wife because they apparently don't build many in Matador Red / Alabaster and this is the one on the brochure. Then we find out that the Luxury Package is no longer available in that color combo. Boy was my wife mad! We still went ahead with the order, but a luxury car with no memory seats???
Old 02-15-11, 12:59 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by felixdang
...i gave them a list of what i wanted for my perfect car, IS white 350AWD nav/ML package with luxury package, parking assit, all the bells and whistle..

after telling him waht i wanted and when can i expect it by. he told me that they do not have that model with those features on there lot but they can look for it.. so i was like ok.. After looking for about 20-30 min he came back and said that there isnt any model in the U.S with the NAV/ ML package and that they have to special order it from Japan.....
For Lexus Canada, ML comes standard for IS350 AWD with Luxury with Navagation Package. For US, ML and Pre-Collision is not standard on the IS. On the IS-F, ML is standard (not sure about Pre-Collision).

For this, you will need to special order it and it will take a few months. If I recall correctly, you need to put down 5-7K down up front and can put anything you want on the car.
Old 02-15-11, 01:08 PM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MiiK350
Maybe not. I'm pretty sure they build cars in "lots". For the first run they will do certain models, then the second run they do the other models. It could be that that model lot has already been run. Special order cars do take more time because they have to wait until they do that model again. Some of the packages are installed at Port, which is after it leaves Japan and arrives here.
Old 02-15-11, 01:42 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For me, I looked at other dealerships and found one that was able to get me exactly what I want. I had to wait but I never gave in to the cars they tried to sell me which I didn't want. Don't spend all your $ on something you don't like!

I would definitely look at another dealership to see if they can help you get exactly what you want before special ordering or considering something close to what you want if no one wants to help you special order it.

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Maybe not. I'm pretty sure they build cars in "lots". For the first run they will do certain models, then the second run they do the other models. It could be that that model lot has already been run. Special order cars do take more time because they have to wait until they do that model again. Some of the packages are installed at Port, which is after it leaves Japan and arrives here.
One dealership I went to said the same thing.
Old 02-15-11, 02:04 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Micaiah
I agree with you. But I worked for Lexus for 3 years. Theirs no way the egotistical douche bag sales managers went through the trouble for the customer to call Lexus, and check to see what cycle they're on to give the customer an accurate time line.

If the manager wanted to work with the OP, he would have said he will do his best to try and get it in ASAP, which is a lie bc their is nothing he can do to speed up the process if it isn't sitting somewhere on a lot in the US. He could have told the OP what you mentioned, and that he will get back to him to give the OP hope. But instead, he told his customer he had to wait 9 months, with out contacting Lexus and finding out the actual wait time(takes about 3 days). The manager instead gave his customer an outrageous wait to time to get him back in his car, driving home to post a thread on how pist he is.

In the 3 years I was working at Lexus, I've seen both scenarios. Giving the customer inaccurate wait times was one of many ways to get them walking the other way. Another was a outrageous deposit amount. If the manager wanted to sell him the car he wanted, he would have made it happen.
Old 02-15-11, 02:28 PM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

With that ^^^ being said, for fun one of us local to the op should call and inquire about a custom order just to see what they say. And then challenge them with the infor above and ask them what cycle they are in.

Thanks, Miik!!

Quick Reply: Tired of waiting for Lexus to get the IS I want