IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Tired of waiting for Lexus to get the IS I want

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-11 | 02:40 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MiiK350
But instead, he told his customer he had to wait 9 months, with out contacting Lexus and finding out the actual wait time(takes about 3 days). The manager instead gave his customer an outrageous wait to time to get him back in his car, driving home to post a thread on how pist he is.
to be fair, the OP was told 5-6 months, although that's still a bit longer than the typical wait time people are told.
Old 02-15-11 | 03:06 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sango
For Lexus Canada, ML comes standard for IS350 AWD with Luxury with Navagation Package. For US, ML and Pre-Collision is not standard on the IS. On the IS-F, ML is standard (not sure about Pre-Collision).

For this, you will need to special order it and it will take a few months. If I recall correctly, you need to put down 5-7K down up front and can put anything you want on the car.
In the US pre-collision is not offered period on 2011 2IS models. (it was discontinued, much as AFS and the passenger memory seat was, for 2011 models).

But the OP wanted park assist, which has nothing to do with that and is available (and about 6 times cheaper than PCS).

Oh, and I put $0 down for my special order. I never even met the guy I bought it from till the day I picked it up 2.5 months from placing the order.

I do understand it's relatively rare to find a competent dealer willing to do a special order properly from Lexus though, which is a failing on Lexus part IMHO.
Old 02-15-11 | 03:49 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kurtz
In the US pre-collision is not offered period on 2011 2IS models. (it was discontinued, much as AFS and the passenger memory seat was, for 2011 models).

But the OP wanted park assist, which has nothing to do with that and is available (and about 6 times cheaper than PCS).

Oh, and I put $0 down for my special order. I never even met the guy I bought it from till the day I picked it up 2.5 months from placing the order.

I do understand it's relatively rare to find a competent dealer willing to do a special order properly from Lexus though, which is a failing on Lexus part IMHO.
Opps yes, I meant to say parking sensors, not pre-collision. Some how I thought the two meant the same! eek!
Old 02-15-11 | 06:04 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

I special ordered in 2008. The car was built and en route when I was given the build sheet. HID lights were not on the sheet. The dealer was honest and said they messed up. They asked what I wanted to do? I said order another and I will wait. I lucked out and received a 2009 instead of a 2008. Total waiting time was 8.5 months but I didn't mind. I have exactly what I want and it was well worth the wait. Lexus does no handle special orders very well. BMW, Audi and Porsche are excellent with special orders. This is one area where Lexus is weak. They want to sell what is built for a region.
Old 02-15-11 | 11:11 PM
Micaiah

Micaiah was built 12/12/08 and delivered 2/19/09. And he was a special order too.
Old 02-16-11 | 01:15 AM
ApokC
Lexus Test Driver

I say wait for the Mark Levinson!

The DVD player is great! Even plays burned DVDs

That sound system is so crisp, just replace the subwoofer, cuz it will BLOW eventually haha
Old 02-16-11 | 01:22 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ApokC
...That sound system is so crisp, just replace the subwoofer, cuz it will BLOW eventually haha
Secret code embeded in ML sub:

Originally Posted by SECRET CODE
Too much bass = "BAM!!"
Old 02-16-11 | 01:30 AM
ApokC
Lexus Test Driver

ML Sub = BAM!

2 12" BMFs = BOOOOOOOOOOM!
Old 02-16-11 | 08:09 AM
felixdang
Driver

After much consideration I think I'm going to go without the ML.. Just cause my friend said he can make me a sound system that will sound better then the ML for cheaper.. All JL

So I'm gonna get the 350 AWD with nav/ luxury package

Tks everyone for ur input
Old 02-16-11 | 08:32 AM
CarbonDtls
Lead Lap

Wait, upgrading the non ML is very complicated and expensive.
Old 02-16-11 | 08:46 AM
pli
Lead Lap

at that price and all those bells and whistles, you might as well just buy a pre-owned IS-F. I've seen IS-F's go as low as 39k.
Old 02-16-11 | 09:00 AM
dentate
Driver

I suggest that you find someone that has mark Levinson and listen to it before you make the decision to go without it.. my IS350C has it as does my 2010 RX350--I will never get another Lexus without Levinson--the sound is amazing even the local high end stereo shop said "Mark Levinson is a god" it will be worth the wait

dentate
near Toronto Canada
Old 02-16-11 | 09:35 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by felixdang
After much consideration I think I'm going to go without the ML.. Just cause my friend said he can make me a sound system that will sound better then the ML for cheaper.. All JL

So I'm gonna get the 350 AWD with nav/ luxury package

Tks everyone for ur input
I hope your friend is familiar with the quirks of the 2IS... upgrading the stereo system is vastly more a pain in the rear than it is on most older cars.

There's no dash kit, so any head unit change is 100% custom fitting and work...and the stock unit needs to stay wired in for the AC controls to work anyway... you can't bypass the stock amp if you want the steering wheel controls and fade/balance to work...etc...

It's certainly possible, but it's a lot more complex than "remove all the stock stereo stuff, slap in some JL parts"

it absolutely will not be cheaper and better than ML by itself (which is a $752 invoice option last I knew)... that runs up to $1500 for ML when added to Nav, but you're still not doing it cheaper given you'll need to add a DVD player and a way to make it work for comparable functionality.
Old 02-16-11 | 10:48 AM
MiiK350
Racer

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Micaiah was built 12/12/08 and delivered 2/19/09. And he was a special order too.
Wow, now thats awesome!!
Old 02-16-11 | 11:44 AM
djkeebz
Driver School Candidate

i think you should wait to get everything you wanted, but i've dealt with other state dealers, as a matter of fact i bought mine from another state, and it was exactly what i wanted and a better price that my local stealerships. i say stay strong and keep looking. Good Luck and happy hunting.

Quick Reply: Tired of waiting for Lexus to get the IS I want