IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Tired of waiting for Lexus to get the IS I want

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-11, 07:19 AM
felixdang
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tired of waiting for Lexus to get the IS I want

hi everyone.. so after months of looking and researching for my perfect lexus i finally went to the dealrship last nite excited about buying my new car and told them what i wanted..

i gave them a list of what i wanted for my perfect car, IS white 350AWD nav/ML package with luxury package, parking assit, all the bells and whistle..

after telling him waht i wanted and when can i expect it by. he told me that they do not have that model with those features on there lot but they can look for it.. so i was like ok.. After looking for about 20-30 min he came back and said that there isnt any model in the U.S with the NAV/ ML package and that they have to special order it from Japan..

i ask how is that possible, and he couldnt even answer it. he just said that maybe because it was new and its lonly the beginning of the yr so they did not make any models with the ML yet... ( which i find it hard to believe)

i told him fine just order it and i can wait..so he went ahead and talked to his manager, the manager came back and said that they wont start building the car till april and i wont get the car till maybe july or august..

i dont want to wait that long for a car, cause i dont have the Patience, and by the time i get the car summer will be over. which sucks cause i live in michigan so we only get sunshine a few months out of a yr i really want the 2011 IS 350AWD

now i dont know if i want to wait that long for a car or should i just go with one that has everything without the ML audio.. maybe do aftermarket speakers

what do u guys think about this, any suggestions so mad rite now FML
Old 02-15-11, 07:24 AM
509IS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would wait. Patience is a virtue... GL
Old 02-15-11, 07:30 AM
2IS350DT
Driver

you could just upgrade the sound system, there are many great aftermarket ones out there
Old 02-15-11, 07:39 AM
willi3ja
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2IS350DT
you could just upgrade the sound system, there are many great aftermarket ones out there
yea, but you won't have the convenience of easy dvd playback

if you can't wait a couple months for something you'll have for years, then you really didn't want it that bad in the first place
Old 02-15-11, 07:40 AM
Peaches79
Rookie

If it were me I would wait and get what I really wanted
Old 02-15-11, 07:43 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its really important to you then you should wait. ML is good from what I've seen and heard so maybe you should... but then again the stock system is not bad either. That is an awful long wait though I would have changed my mind atleast twice in that time span lol
Old 02-15-11, 07:58 AM
foam
Driver

Parking Assist? Isn't that a pretty expensive and almost non-existent add-on in the states?
Old 02-15-11, 08:00 AM
willi3ja
Rookie

Originally Posted by foam
Parking Assist? Isn't that a pretty expensive and almost non-existent add-on in the states?
no, that's precollision
Old 02-15-11, 08:02 AM
felixdang
Driver

im sorry i cant wait that long, im pretty sure they have good aftermarket sound systems that play well too.. but i do wonder if i can install a bypass to play movies on the nav too is that something i can do.. if u guys know plz any advice would be great

this is the route i am considering as of rite now
Old 02-15-11, 08:24 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by foam
Originally Posted by willi3ja
no, that's precollision
I have both. But then again mine is 2009.

I would wait only because this is what you truly want and if you get a car that is not exactly to your expectations you will be disappointed. There's no going back should you settle for a car that is not what you've always wanted. There will always be that "what if" in the back of your mind.

Remember, although you won't have the car till the end of summer, there's always the summer after that for which you can enjoy.
Old 02-15-11, 08:33 AM
Rikg35
Lead Lap

LOL You mad!!
Old 02-15-11, 08:48 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by felixdang
im sorry i cant wait that long, im pretty sure they have good aftermarket sound systems that play well too.. but i do wonder if i can install a bypass to play movies on the nav too is that something i can do.. if u guys know plz any advice would be great

this is the route i am considering as of rite now
Without ML the car does not have a DVD player. So you can't "bypass" anything to get video without adding something that can play video as well.

Why would you spend 40-50 thousand on a car and not get exactly what you want?

I'd wait for the special order to do so (in fact, I did).

BTW, my special order only took about 2.5 months, and if done properly that's really all it should take unless if it's past the "order date" for the month then I could see 3.5 months.
Old 02-15-11, 09:24 AM
foam
Driver

If you are buying new, you should have everything you want. Don't settle for less because you are just going to wish you had it later.
Old 02-15-11, 09:27 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

you should have ordered the car earlier......LOL

like what others said....just order the exact one you want and you'll be much happier down the road
Old 02-15-11, 09:31 AM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would also wait to get exactly what I want, specially if I am spending that kind of cash, it may be worth your wait.

Quick Reply: Tired of waiting for Lexus to get the IS I want