IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Amp bypass part number

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-11, 12:12 PM
darksmac
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well actually it has 4 (stereo inputs,l/r audio) (sub,mid base,mid,high) sums and then ouputs a low level summed output.. which i would either put directly into the amp with crossovers supplied by the speaker set or also purchase a separate crossovers to put before the amps.

here are a few images for refrence of what i am wanting to do for feed back.(taken from the manual) i will be purchasing two of these one for front speakers and one for rear.

(note i do want to purchase a 3way component set for each of the doors. does anyone know if i can fit 3.5" speakers in the mid location)

Last edited by darksmac; 02-21-11 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-21-11, 06:58 PM
Alex2422
Driver School Candidate

Dang sorry just saw the pic of the Rca side and read the site you posted. Im asking the same question and tring to do the same thing. I saw a pic with focal 3-1/2's in the door he just made a custom speaker bracket just not sure whats best to put there.
Old 02-21-11, 09:33 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Regarding the wiring of your factory speakers out of the amp, the front doors will have a channel for each woofer, and then the mids and tweets on the same channel (each door). For the rear doors, all three speakers are run off of the same channel from the amp (again, each door).

Left front woofer (White+, Red-)
Left front mid and tweet (Lt Blue+, Orange-)
Right front woofer (Brown+, Pink-)
Right front mid and tweet (Black+, Grey-)

Right rear door, all speakers (Red+, White-)
Left rear door, all speakers (Pink+, Violet-)

Also of note, the wires split off inbetween the mids and tweets, as well as between the woofer, mid and tweet on the rears. This simply means that there is a connector in the door, and the colors change at the speakers there. The colors that I outlined above are the colors that you will see out of the amp (non-ML), and should be all that you need to know which wires you are splicing when doing your install.
Old 02-21-11, 09:37 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Good luck with this my friend. It can be a real pain in the neck. As for my two cents with the Kicker ZXSUM8, I called their tech department in Stillwater, and found out that I knew more about the product than the "tech" did. Looking on SQ forums, I saw lots of negative reviews, and people with noise issues when using their device. I decided not to use it. Being that you are an employee, perhaps you can try it out and then return it if it's not what you're looking for. I did this with a Memphis 6ix processor. It got rid of the ground loop noise that I was dealing with (has it's own ground loop isolator built in), but was apparently amplifying my mid-frequencies and made the doors sound terrible in the frequency range of 1k and up. I pulled it out and put the processor that I had back in.
Old 02-22-11, 12:15 AM
darksmac
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the help every one ..

Alex.. With this install were they able to put the speaker grill back on?

Slammer.. Thanks for the wriring info..and I will surely take this into consideration .. Is there any processor you would recommend?
Old 02-22-11, 02:45 AM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

The Bitone by Audison would be my first choice, but they are terribly expensive. JBL MS8 is another good one, but isn't cheap either. I chose not to use the CleanSweep, but it sounds like some other folks have had success with it. I am in the middle of doing a custom install, mounting an aftermarket HU into my cd changer panel. I will be bypassing the entire audio system.
Old 02-22-11, 02:20 PM
Alex2422
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by darksmac
Thanks for the help every one ..

Alex.. With this install were they able to put the speaker grill back on?

Slammer.. Thanks for the wriring info..and I will surely take this into consideration .. Is there any processor you would recommend?
If your talking about the focal pic then not sure bec the pic was with the door panal off but after searching for speakers I found some that will fit with the stock grill but need a custome bracket. Ill let u know for sure after I talk to the place putting them in to make sure before I get ahead of myself there calling me back tomorrow.