IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Amp bypass part number

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-11, 05:51 PM
darksmac
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp bypass part number

simple looking to see if anyone has found an amp bypass for the stock amp (non ML) loooking to do a full build maintaining stock navi. i will be passing through some kind of signal processor ( i actually have a RF 3sixty.2 right now just sitting there).. any advice would be greatly appreciated..
Old 02-15-11, 05:59 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You can try the audio section also.
Old 02-15-11, 06:54 PM
ald03
Rookie

are you meaning for speakers, and you are trying to connect the factory amp to your after market amp to maintain volume control, or are you looking for the clean sweep that talks to your factory nav unit?? i just had my system finished, and i have nav, i added subs, amps, speakers, clean sweep, and i needed the clean sweep signal summing on top of the clean sweep interface...
Old 02-15-11, 08:22 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you bypass the amp, you not only lose your steering wheel controls, you lose all volume, fade and balance as well. I have worked quite a bit on mine, and even tried to do a direct bypass (with a processor), but all of the above mentioned controls are done at the amp. The factory HU sends the signal to the factory amp to make EVERY adjustment, just like on late model Cadillacs. Either you bypass the factory HU, or you are stuck using the factory amp.... sorry. You can still run a processor, but it will have to be AFTER the factory amp.
Old 02-15-11, 08:25 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by ald03
are you meaning for speakers, and you are trying to connect the factory amp to your after market amp to maintain volume control, or are you looking for the clean sweep that talks to your factory nav unit?? i just had my system finished, and i have nav, i added subs, amps, speakers, clean sweep, and i needed the clean sweep signal summing on top of the clean sweep interface...
Do you have any volume hiss from your mids / tweeters with all the summing / clean sweep?
Old 02-16-11, 06:18 AM
darksmac
Driver School Candidate

Well I'm sad to hear that even a summing device can't adjust for aftermarket amp ... What if I put summing device after factory amp don't really need balance/fade I can adjust that from 3 sixty. i would only like to keep volume control from steering wheel feature..

if not how can we bypass the stock HU with ac controls i think thats the only part system critical...

Last edited by darksmac; 02-16-11 at 06:22 AM. Reason: adding info
Old 02-17-11, 07:55 AM
ald03
Rookie

i have the cleansweep cl441dsp part, which that caused the problem of no volume controls, etc, added the clean sweep signal summing device(clssi) and it works..the audio place didnt realize i needed both parts at first. ive put close to $3000 in audio...****s not cheap!
Old 02-17-11, 08:01 AM
ald03
Rookie

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
Do you have any volume hiss from your mids / tweeters with all the summing / clean sweep?

on some songs on my ipod the volume goes up for a second before switching song, otherwise ive had no problems yet...i replaced all 4 speakers, added 2 subs, cleansweep-2 products, and a few amps...
Old 02-17-11, 08:21 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

^ oooh okay. I have the same as you when the song lags for more than 2 secounds to change. Its very faint. Im running a summing device, arc audio amps, cap, JL, and Focal interior
Old 02-17-11, 10:31 AM
joeker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that hissing or high pitched noise is ground noise. you can get rid of it with a ground loop isolator. you can purchase one on ebay for about $10-15 dollars. as of right now, there is no bypass that will not lose steering control. many brands of signal processors will work. i'm not too sure how many brands can sum signals(including the RF 3.sixty1/2). i have heard that soundstream has come out with a signal processor that does summing but is still in testing. most people, including myself, use a cl441dsp from jl audio. in conjunction, a summing unit must be used. It is your choice whether you want to use 1 summing units or 2. If you choose to use 1 unit, there is less wires you need to wire, but you'd pretty much be playing the same signal to all 4 sides of your car. I personally went with 2 summing units to get true surround. It is not easy to install, but is definitely worth it.
Old 02-20-11, 07:38 PM
Alex2422
Driver School Candidate

I had the same problem with this Hissing but fixed it.. If you are using only the stock master volume **** then thats the problem. The Jl Cleansweep is set at working properly when the volume is at 40. The Cleansweep is designed to use there **** to control the volume because if you change the volume on the NAV then those signals change every time you turn the **** and it doesnt EQ unless you press the button on the Sweep box. If you hear the hissing when the volume is all the way down then the gain on the clean sweep is high. If you mount there **** up front then you can lower the gain on the cleansweep to get rid of the hissing noise. Its not bad all I do is use the stock volume **** and if I want to crank the volume loud and sound perfect I make sure the NAV is at 40 and have the Cleansweep **** jacked up. Hope I said that right but JL Tech told me the part about the sweep box changing when the master volume was changed
Old 02-20-11, 08:30 PM
ald03
Rookie

Originally Posted by Alex2422
I had the same problem with this Hissing but fixed it.. If you are using only the stock master volume **** then thats the problem. The Jl Cleansweep is set at working properly when the volume is at 40. The Cleansweep is designed to use there **** to control the volume because if you change the volume on the NAV then those signals change every time you turn the **** and it doesnt EQ unless you press the button on the Sweep box. If you hear the hissing when the volume is all the way down then the gain on the clean sweep is high. If you mount there **** up front then you can lower the gain on the cleansweep to get rid of the hissing noise. Its not bad all I do is use the stock volume **** and if I want to crank the volume loud and sound perfect I make sure the NAV is at 40 and have the Cleansweep **** jacked up. Hope I said that right but JL Tech told me the part about the sweep box changing when the master volume was changed

true that, they were putting mine on the dash to the left of the steering wheel where theres the 3 empty slots....keep the radio volume wheere it is, and turn that ****, slightly annyoying, but it is what it is!
Old 02-20-11, 09:15 PM
Alex2422
Driver School Candidate

^^^... Ya thats where mine is mounted also looks clean. I dont touch the Sweep **** at all really, just when im in the car with people and I need the audio off and dont want to hear that noise.. I just use the Stock volume **** and max it at 40, wont sound distorted as long as you keep it under that level
Old 02-21-11, 09:38 AM
darksmac
Driver School Candidate

what do you guys think about two of these for the front and rear of the car AFTER the stock amp.. i work at best buy and get ridiculous discount on kicker..

http://www.kicker.com/zxsum8

also for anyone who has actually looked.. are each of the three piece components directly connected to the factory amp or is there a crossover closer to the speakers?

Last edited by darksmac; 02-21-11 at 09:39 AM. Reason: added link
Old 02-21-11, 10:25 AM
Alex2422
Driver School Candidate

As for the speakers they are connected to the stock amp and do not have crossovers that I saw any where. Plus was looking in getting new midrange and they said if I just bought the 3.5 alone I would have to buy crossovers for them.. The kicker ZXsum8 looks like a summing device for stock headunits for sure but after reading it said it had "4 stereo speaker-level inputs" and 4 outputs? The Jl summing device grabs low mid and high freq then sends to the cleansweep bec you have a 13 speaker sound system. Sounds like it would be good for a car that only requires 4 channel input from stock headunit? The Jl summing also has an option for 2-way input or 3-way input(high). Hope I was right with that info but saving money with the kicker sounds like a good idea if it works the same just dont think it will give you what you want in the end..

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...hp?page_id=197

Quick Reply: Amp bypass part number