IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Special Order?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-11, 01:36 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe this is actually correct, what you are asking for is a configuration which is not standard.

I believe it would be dependent on the local dealerships and do believe most of them are available in these three.

Premium Package
Premium Package with NAV
Luxury Package with NAV

Luxury without NAV would be the non-standard configuation which would require you to special order. A few months ago, I saw on sale as CPO, an odd configuration - it was a Luxary without NAV with Mark Levinson which was special ordered from the first owner.
Old 02-20-11, 01:58 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MC5Wes
I would also suggest you try another dealer. I am looking for a new Lexus. And I had two clowns yesterday tell me there is no thing as a Sunroof delete option on a special order.

They just want to sell a car today not next month.

As of when I special ordered my 2008 there wasn't a sunroof delete available unless you were buying the X package only (because "x package without sunroof" was a specific package offered from Lexus).

Believe me, I'd have loved to delete the sunroof... and my car was absolutely a special order as I got ML without nav which doesn't exist outside special orders.

I suppose it's possible for 10+ models they now offer it since the X package was discontinued, but it'd be the first I'm hearing of it...and lexus.com makes no mention of it (unlike all the other possibilities for ordering they do list)
Old 02-20-11, 11:31 PM
MC5Wes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Special Order

I am not sure about ordering a IS250 or 350. But I read that you could order the ISF without the sunroof.

It is a no-cost option, code "OS."

I will be buying one this summer. And plan on special ordering one. So I asked about how long it would take.

Here is a link to a thread with pictures of ISFs with no sunroof

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...sunroof-2.html
Old 02-20-11, 11:41 PM
MC5Wes

Default Lexus Package codes

Here is a page showing all of the codes.

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/99/2...41/prices.html
Old 02-20-11, 11:47 PM
MC5Wes

Default Sunroof Delete

I went through some of the other Lexus models. And it looks like the ISF is the only one with option OS.
Old 02-21-11, 12:39 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real
Forum Moderator

Received 614 Likes on 407 Posts

My IS250 has no sunroof, but as far as I know it's not an available configuration in the USA anymore.

Jeff
Old 02-21-11, 04:05 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
My IS250 has no sunroof, but as far as I know it's not an available configuration in the USA anymore.

Jeff
Yeah, AFAIK the only way it was ever possible on the ISx50 in the US was from 07-09 with the "X package without sunroof" option.

Canada has long had a slew of base model configs that aren't offered in the US (16 inch wheels on 250s, cloth interior, no sunroof, etc...)
Old 02-21-11, 06:57 AM
rljames
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boggles my mind that this sort of thing should be such a hassle.

Anyhow, I've eMailed Lexus about "special orders" and will keep the forum posted on their reply.

(*If* it's the Dealer who is complicating things then Lexus should do something...)
Old 02-21-11, 08:27 AM
busdepot
Lead Lap

Why don't you get the car that's available, don't wait months for a special order, then save 900 bones and get a 4300k hid kit from DDM. Sure they're not oem, but, 900 for HID's?? Not worth it IMO.
Old 02-21-11, 10:24 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by busdepot
Why don't you get the car that's available, don't wait months for a special order, then save 900 bones and get a 4300k hid kit from DDM. Sure they're not oem, but, 900 for HID's?? Not worth it IMO.
100% worth it. Proper HID housings with LED DRL's, a complete proper auto-leveling system, and correct HID projectors for $900... worth it.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 02-21-11 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-21-11, 10:30 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Yeah, AFAIK the only way it was ever possible on the ISx50 in the US was from 07-09 with the "X package without sunroof" option.

Canada has long had a slew of base model configs that aren't offered in the US (16 inch wheels on 250s, cloth interior, no sunroof, etc...)
Yeah that's what I said/meant. It used to be an option (X-Package) and it isn't anymore.

Jeff
Old 03-01-11, 06:23 AM
rljames
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jmags
I have the headlights without the nav and no spoiler on mine.
Jmags, do you have a 2011 IS 250 AWD? And if so, where are you located? (Just trying to determine if this is a Dealer "restriction" or Lexus issue...)

Thanks,
Bob
Old 03-01-11, 06:38 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Lexus decides in advance what sets of options it thinks a given region will like. Then it ships cars built that way to that region.

That doesn't mean it's not possible to get something else.

It just means if you want something your region doesn't normally get you have to either:

Get it from another region (if it exists in another region)- this can be done by buying out of state- or having a local dealer swap an allocated vehicle.

OR

Special order- as long as it's a combo that's physically possible (ie you can't ask for a color they don't make, or an option they don't ever offer (like a sunroof delete in the US).

You can AT LEAST get HIDs without nav via the second method, and possibly the first if it's sold that way anywhere in the US.
Old 03-01-11, 07:06 AM
rljames
Driver School Candidate

This situation is crazy...

Here I am ready and willing to spend my money on a car Lexus clearly has the ability to manufacturer. I'm even willing to do my part and accept a few extras in the "Luxury Package" to get the HIDs as long as I don't have to spend even more for the Nav system.

And as of this writing, all Dealers I've contacted (in different but relatively close to me parts of the country) will not "Special Order".

Does Lexus understand and/or endorse this?

Bob

Last edited by rljames; 03-01-11 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-01-11, 07:36 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Lexus will tell you their dealers are independently owned.

Compared to many other brands Lexus does poorly at special orders.

That said, there ARE dealers that will do it, and do it well, they're just few and far between.

I can recommend one to you, but NC is a fair distance from NY.

Quick Reply: Special Order?