IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Special Order?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-11, 06:39 AM
rljames
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special Order?

I just began shopping for a 2011 IS 250 AWD and an option I want is the Bi-Xenon headlights.

However local Dealer tells me that Lexus will not allow them to special order this option separately (as listed in the official sales brochure) and that the "Luxury Package" (which includes the Xenons) must be included with the Navigation System.

Does this make sense?

All I want is "base" IS 250 AWD w/Xenons... I'd be OK w/Luxury Package to get them but don't want Nav.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 02-19-11, 07:27 AM
Keppie
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Touch base with 3 more dealers. Sounds ridiculous. Be ready to wait about 4 months for a special order.
Old 02-19-11, 07:35 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,351 Posts

From looking at the bottom of the attached page, your dealer appears to be wrong. It looks like a $875.00 option on the IS250 AWD.

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

Lou
Old 02-19-11, 07:59 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 609 Likes on 405 Posts

Definitely check with some other dealers. I'd make mention of the fact that you already talked to one dealer and they said they wouldn't order you the car with the options you wanted so you're shopping elsewhere. Then at least they know you're willing to look elsewhere if they're not going to put in the work to order the car for you.

That being said, and I'm not sure if this varies from region to region like it can with Toyota vehicles, but sometimes different regions have access to different options through your region's distributor. Not sure if this happens at all down in the USA.

Jeff
Old 02-19-11, 08:07 AM
quickmatch
Driver School Candidate

That is funny that the dealer is telling you this. When i bought mine i had to get the luxury package but with no navi to get the xenon. I know they found mine car down in Indiana otherwise it was going to be a special order. And like what was said above it will be about 3-4 months.
Old 02-19-11, 08:49 AM
rljames
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone for the quick replies and suggestions. I thought something sounded fishy. Here is the exact eMail from my salesperson;

> Lexus requires that the "Luxury Plus" package be ordered in combination
> with the Navigation system.
>
> Bottom line, getting the lights you would like will likely be something we
> cannot do. Getting it without the spoiler is feasible.

Unfortunately, I live in an area w/only one Lexus dealer for about 200 miles or so.

I'm more than willing to wait for the special order.

Thanks again.
Old 02-19-11, 09:08 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 609 Likes on 405 Posts

Call other dealers anyways, find out, then call your dealer back and let them know another dealer said they'd get you the car. (If it is in fact possible to get the car you want).

Jeff
Old 02-19-11, 09:46 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Flat out the dealer is lying

He's telling you what his region gets normally not what can be special ordered

Look at Lexus.com under the pricing and options page NOT the build your own page to see what can be ordered
Old 02-19-11, 05:29 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the headlights without the nav and no spoiler on mine.
Old 02-20-11, 06:09 AM
quickmatch
Driver School Candidate

I would call him back and ask him to look around at other dealers inventory and see if they can find what you want on there lots. Otherwise do the search yourself. Driving 2-3 hours to buy your car is well worth it instead of waiting 3-4 months for a special order.
Old 02-20-11, 09:23 AM
jessepesc
Rookie

Some dealers just suck..they just want you to spend more money
Old 02-20-11, 09:56 AM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

I bet the dealer is either looking at what is in their lot, or what is coming in (typical options). I think you will have to call around, unfortunately its far for u.
Old 02-20-11, 10:40 AM
MC5Wes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Special Order

I would also suggest you try another dealer. I am looking for a new Lexus. And I had two clowns yesterday tell me there is no thing as a Sunroof delete option on a special order.

They just want to sell a car today not next month.
Old 02-20-11, 12:33 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

that happened to me i wanted a base w/ 18 inch wheels, nav, and HID. I didnt do any research I ended up with so many "packages" and ended up with the exterior car I wanted but not the interior color I wanted. But since it was a different interior (really wanted black) they discounted my price so it offset some of the "package" mark ups. If I knew what I know now I would have goten a base and then added aftermarket HIDs, flywheel (or whatever its called) for Nav, and bought the same 18s or aftermarket on ebay or here lol. Would have saved alot of money however it was also nice to drive off the lot with everything i wanted (at the time...then you get the mod bug). I would recommend calling dealers all over the country search auto trader..honestly you can fly to alot of these places if they have your car and drive the car back it might cost you a few hundred bucks but you wont regret the car and it would be a fun an memorable experience for ya.
Old 02-20-11, 12:34 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

I just wanted to add that if you have friends on here people would be willing to check out a car that is located near them for you...had someone do that for me with a car that was 200 miles away and send me pics and let me know if it was worth pulling the trigger.

Quick Reply: Special Order?