IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Got the newest recall done...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-11, 10:01 AM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Got the newest recall done...

So I took my IS350 in for the 85K service yesterday and had the dealer complete the recall as well. When I picked the car up, they had me sign the summary of the recall work done. I saw the total was $350!? It cost that much to tighten the fuel sensor? Also factored into that cost was the loaner and the cost for gas (they filled my car which was on empty). Everything went smooth otherwise. Glad I didn't get gas before taking it in.
Old 02-23-11, 10:10 AM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 209 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by COOLIS
So I took my IS350 in for the 85K service yesterday and had the dealer complete the recall as well. When I picked the car up, they had me sign the summary of the recall work done. I saw the total was $350!? It cost that much to tighten the fuel sensor? Also factored into that cost was the loaner and the cost for gas (they filled my car which was on empty). Everything went smooth otherwise. Glad I didn't get gas before taking it in.
Do you think thats the standard for all dealerships? I live in CA too (NorCal)
Old 02-23-11, 10:11 AM
HERBos
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still didn't get any notification..even though i called and they told me that my car needs to be checked out
Old 02-23-11, 10:15 AM
COOLIS
Instructor

Originally Posted by yok3dIS
Do you think thats the standard for all dealerships? I live in CA too (NorCal)
What the price or getting a tank of gas? I believe Lexus instructed all dealers to fill the customers car with gas. Im also guessing the reason the bill is so high is because Lexus will reimburse the dealership. I never got a notice either, but since the car was getting serviced anyway I had them do the recall. Went to Lexus Santa Monica BTW.
Old 02-23-11, 10:23 AM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I talked to my SA last week and scheduled the recall fix in 2 weeks....$350 for fuel and to tighten a bolt is expensive! Glad I'm not paying for it.
Old 02-23-11, 12:06 PM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

I had my recall done as well and they didn't say anything about $350. & my tank was already full before I got it done because I didn't know I needed it
Old 02-23-11, 01:57 PM
Thinktwice
Pole Position

When I got this recall done I also didn't see any price figures on the invoice. I purposely brought it in almost empty because I knew they'd fill it up.
Old 02-23-11, 02:03 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

wait what recall is this? a fuel sensor recall or are you talking abuot the valve spring? the valve spring was 2700 bucks for me
Old 02-23-11, 03:16 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why wouldn't the recall be free? I just the valve recall done and didn't pay for it.
Old 02-23-11, 03:28 PM
ssis300
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^^^
me too. No cost for either recall. The crappy thing is that I did take it in with a full tank.
Old 02-23-11, 03:50 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine was 3/4 full when I took it in. Pissed me off. I shoulda drove around for a while, but had to work the night before. As for the recall, I was under the impression that a recall was a recall, and the repair was done for free. As a matter of fact, they did the valve recall (says 7 hours labor), and also tightened the fuel pressure sensor gasket at no charge. I assume that is the other recall, as it was at no charge and I didn't request the service. I have a 3 page invoice with a total amount due of $0. You need to look into this and find out why you were charged. Call 1-800-25Lexus, and give them your VIN number. Ask them if the recall should be a free service or not. Honestly, I don't see why you are entitled to a refund for what you paid. You would think that the Lexus dealer would have known that it was a free repair.......... Still seems fishy.
Old 02-23-11, 04:38 PM
NastyIS
Driver

Picked mine up from the dealer today after the valve spring and fuel rail recall. No tank of fuel for me and my always reliable "butt-dyno" didn't like the way it is performing now. The only cost indicated on my invoice was the $75 value of the loaner they set me up with.
Old 02-23-11, 05:24 PM
COOLIS
Instructor

I didn't pay for the recall, but they had me sign the paper stating what was done. At the bottom was the price of like $347.??. It had the parts/labor, cost to fill tank, and the loaner. Then on a different sheet they had everything else that I had done, which I paid for. I think its funny they bill Lexus corporate for the loaner when all other times it is free.
Old 02-23-11, 05:34 PM
PhanK
Driver School Candidate

I dropped my car off last Friday and barely got my car back today. I had other works done. They say this was a new recall so might as well get this out of the way too. I didn't have to pay. Car is still under warranty. I didn't know Dealer was going to fill up my tank of gas nice surprise
Old 02-23-11, 06:02 PM
TOPSECRTIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Yup my car was on E when I dropped it off, full tank and nice and clean when I picked it up. The did the fuel fitting and some other brake recall at the same time. My IS350 is all up to date now.

Quick Reply: Got the newest recall done...