IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Problem with rims

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-11, 05:31 PM
KangstaxD
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with rims

Just took my rim and tires to a tire shop to mount the hankoooks on my rim. I only opened 1 box to look at the rims and the other box left untouched. When I took my rims to the tire shop and dropped them off in the boxes, the manager called me and said that there was a nick and couple of small scratches on the rim. I have found out that there was a small nick that showed the clear coat and 1-2 small scratches 1mm. Could this be due to shipping? I am not sure what to do. Should I call (where I purchase the rim) and tell them if they can refund one of my rims or should I just ignore it? Let me hear your insight.

Took some pictures of the rim, tried to take a clos picture of the chip but my digital camera is crap! You can see some rashes or scratches on them and a chip on the paint. I was going to let it go with some lexus paint but there were so many scratches I just had to give the vendor a call. I believe that the rim was damaged through shipping. All in all, Zoeb provided outstanding customer service and will do buisness with again. One of the few vendors who value customer service then money.
Attached Thumbnails Problem with rims-2.jpg   Problem with rims-capture-6.jpg   Problem with rims-lc818-new.jpg   Problem with rims-rim-5.jpg  

Last edited by KangstaxD; 03-01-11 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-28-11, 05:36 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Depends on how expensive your wheels are? Pictures always helps out too.
Old 02-28-11, 05:45 PM
KangstaxD
Lead Lap

They are linea corse lc818. The three pairs are fine but one of the pairs has a nick and couple of scratches.... Should I call linea corse to refund one of my rims?
Old 02-28-11, 06:08 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You should call wheeldude, not linea corse. Post pics so we can see, too.
Old 02-28-11, 07:19 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can't stand looking at the nicks and scratches, and if your in no rush to install I would see what you can do to exchange it for a better conditioned wheel. In the future it's also good to look at the product right way that after you receive it. Then you know that if there's damages it was either caused by the vendor or the shipper.

I can see the vendor placing the blame on the shop that's doing the install and taking no responsibility for the damaged product. Therefore making it a difficult situation.
Old 02-28-11, 07:47 PM
KangstaxD
Lead Lap

true, I should have checked earlier. I will give zoeb a call and see what he can do about it. Hopefully, send a new rim.
Old 02-28-11, 07:47 PM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess u can ask for a partial refund. Depends how bad the damage really is. Post pics.
Old 02-28-11, 07:50 PM
Willis1550
Driver

Awesome , my 818's are being delivered tomorrow. Good luck.
Old 02-28-11, 10:22 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

def call the vendor and get some money back or a new wheel shipped to you, send them pictures. If they send you a new one mount the crappy one and keep the nice one as a spare for when you curb on of your rims

It cant hurt to try, if they are legit they will take care of you.
Old 03-01-11, 12:10 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

or have them pay you for the repair of the wheel.
Old 03-01-11, 03:26 PM
WheelDude.com
Former Sponsor

Didn't see this earlier otherwise I would have called you, but got it taken care of for you.

Soon as I get your picture I'll send you a replacement wheel and put in the claim through UPS

You won't have to wait though, replacement is in stock and will be send to you immediately

Zoeb
Old 03-01-11, 04:00 PM
KangstaxD
Lead Lap

Thanks zoeb for your outstanding customer service! Took and send some pictures for you.
Old 03-01-11, 04:01 PM
meangene
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com
Didn't see this earlier otherwise I would have called you, but got it taken care of for you.

Soon as I get your picture I'll send you a replacement wheel and put in the claim through UPS

You won't have to wait though, replacement is in stock and will be send to you immediately

Zoeb
Great customer service! I've never bought anything from you, but when I'm ready I'll certainly get in contact with you!
Old 03-01-11, 04:22 PM
djbugz
Pole Position

Zoeb
Wow.. that's customer service!! I'm going to have to look at your website in a little bit and consider doing business..
Old 03-01-11, 04:23 PM
YoungMoney
Rookie

^^ Agreed

Zoeb

Very nice move there.

Quick Reply: Problem with rims