IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

V-L.E.D DRL kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-11, 08:24 AM
DreamerzCC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350rock
Ok so I ordered my V-Led kit got it today so simple and easy to unstill and amazing pics everything worked smooth module fits right into the housing and everything.

BEFORE

How the module fits I'n

AFTER

I love it best 53 dallors ever spent
Mine comes in today.....I have a SGM with the emblem blacked out. Nice to see the finished product looks good. Do the V-Leds also do your High beams
Old 03-05-11, 08:35 AM
DreamerzCC
Pole Position

i got mine from ijdmtoy.com and you replace the high beam and the module lets the 9005 do the DRL and high beam as how it was explained to me.....I guess I will see later today.
Old 03-05-11, 09:19 AM
IS350rock
Driver

Sorry I was out late lastnight didn't get on but I havnt taken any night pics I will and post them up I got my from V-led with a 15% discount so it was like $52. And yes my moduales fit I'n the mouisture shield just fine theirs pic I'd the module I'n the housing.
Old 03-08-11, 07:01 AM
DreamerzCC
Pole Position

I got my LED's yesterday from ijdmtoy.com and installed them. They look amazing....I had to leave the ballast off because I did not know how to get everything put back the way it needs to be. Will upload pics later....btw they serve as the DRL's and the high beams and they are sick. Have not seen anyone in Birmingham, AL with them.
Old 03-08-11, 03:58 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamerzCC
I got my LED's yesterday from ijdmtoy.com and installed them. They look amazing....I had to leave the ballast off because I did not know how to get everything put back the way it needs to be. Will upload pics later....btw they serve as the DRL's and the high beams and they are sick. Have not seen anyone in Birmingham, AL with them.
Just a note to others reading this, your LED DRL's will light up whenever your high beams normally would, but they don't put any usable light on the road. LED DRL's are strictly for looks.
Old 03-08-11, 06:11 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brociouz
LED DRL's are strictly for making your IS look dead sexy.

Correction applied.
Old 03-08-11, 10:15 PM
DreamerzCC
Pole Position

mine from ijdmtoy.com
Attached Thumbnails V-L.E.D DRL kit-imag0268.jpg  
Old 03-09-11, 08:42 AM
DreamerzCC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by brociouz
Just a note to others reading this, your LED DRL's will light up whenever your high beams normally would, but they don't put any usable light on the road. LED DRL's are strictly for looks.
That may be the case but the light up just as well if not better than the 9005 Cool blue that I took out of my last vehicle.....imo! But they definitely look sexy....
Old 05-16-11, 03:09 PM
TurBoTeRRy
Driver School Candidate

Hey DreamerzCC how did u put the LED DRL Decoder from www.ijdmtoy.com in the light so you can close the moisture lid or did you not put the lid back on?
Old 05-16-11, 08:22 PM
SPNinjA
Lead Lap

Anyone know if this mod will cause problems going through inspections at the DMV?
Old 05-16-11, 08:50 PM
TurBoTeRRy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MarkoJames
just ordered mine.. but these are from iJDMtoy. Installed today as well! Looks good bro.
I ordered the same from IDMtoy but the Decoder is way to big to fit in the housing so i cant close the moisture lid. Did u just leaving the moisture lid off?
Old 05-16-11, 08:54 PM
TurBoTeRRy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SPNinjA
Anyone know if this mod will cause problems going through inspections at the DMV?
It shouldn't as long as the LED's aren't to blue. Blue or red lights would be posing as cop.
Old 05-16-11, 09:23 PM
HIDness
Driver

i have blue led parking lights and haven't got pull over yet........from the bay area and been driving at night with police car next to me, on coming traffic of the intersection and the best part was stopped at a red light and the police was at the opposite side of the light. they don't come on till i turn on my headlights and is not that blue anyway. i will post pic as soon as i get my philips 6000k from nigel this week......running 6000k vled on the fogs also....will post pic by the weekend for ya.
Old 05-16-11, 10:06 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^ You can sometimes get away with blue parking lights (I know another Bay Area member that did it), but blue DRL's is really asking for trouble.
Old 05-19-11, 12:27 PM
DreamerzCC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TurBoTeRRy
Hey DreamerzCC how did u put the LED DRL Decoder from www.ijdmtoy.com in the light so you can close the moisture lid or did you not put the lid back on?
I had to drill through the cover and use a rubber grommet to seal it off. Use a zip tie to secure the Decoder to whatever you choose. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: V-L.E.D DRL kit