IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

V-LED interior lights issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-11, 05:32 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an 07 250, all Everything has been swapped for LED's except the low beams and turn signals, I have no issue at all locking the car ever.
Old 04-30-11, 05:42 PM
quickmatch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

forgot to say it is in a 2011. yeah kdash i am going to try it and see what happens. i was also thinking of trying to see if running no rear dome lights to see if it still happens.
Old 04-30-11, 06:23 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Just put my V-LEDS in today. No problems yet. I'll see how it goes in the next few days.....

However...I can't get the back part of the mirror back on all the way. It's like it's not clipping into clips correctly or something. Its right where it meets up with the turn signal. Any advice? I stopped for a few hours to let the frustration wear off.
Old 05-01-11, 11:33 AM
Crispy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rza8gamma
i have the 6k complete led kit, and I have trouble locking my car after i get out and press the door handle, and on top of that when i try to lock the car with my remote there is a delay and sometimes i have to press it multiple times. Major headache, i have a 2006 IS 350. I personally regret buying them given the annoying side effects that comes with them. On top of that its been 1 1/2 months and still no solution from them. For anyone looking into buying LED's look elsewhere because you might end up with a headache like some of us in this thread. Also to be fair it does sound like some people's led's do work without any problems but we shouldn't have to worry about getting a good batch of led's. Pm sent to VLEDs with my order number.
I completely agree, and this is unacceptable. I also PM'd VLED months ago after purchase, still have not received a response. They seem to be ignoring the issue. I feel I have given them every opportunity to make this right, and have failed to do so.

Last edited by Crispy; 05-01-11 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-01-11, 11:49 AM
quickmatch
Driver School Candidate

i pulled one bulb out of the rear dome and everything seems to be working just fine.
Old 05-01-11, 12:03 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Crispy
I completely agree, and this is unacceptable. I also PM'd VLED months ago after purchase, still have not received a response. They seem to be ignoring the issue. I feel I have given them every opportunity to make this right, and have failed to do so. I guess the next step is a class-action lawsuit... I will be pursuing this starting next week, and will post info for those who wish to join in the suit.
I have contacted the FBI, CIA, MI6 and Interpol about this issue. I also have a call into the President of the United States and the Secretary General of the United Nations.

Seriously though, class action lawsuit? Perhaps you should try calling or emailing V-LEDs directly first. If you looked at the VLEDS Club Lexus profile, you'll see that they don't log in to check their PMs.
Old 05-01-11, 12:56 PM
Crispy
Pole Position

Talking

Originally Posted by brociouz
I have contacted the FBI, CIA, MI6 and Interpol about this issue. I also have a call into the President of the United States and the Secretary General of the United Nations.

Seriously though, class action lawsuit? Perhaps you should try calling or emailing V-LEDs directly first. If you looked at the VLEDS Club Lexus profile, you'll see that they don't log in to check their PMs.
I have contacted them both via email and PM multiple times over the last two months. While I'm only out of pocket maybe $50, what concerns me more is they seem to be continuing to sell them. I know they are aware of the issue from a post they made in another thread. When you put together all of us affected, it does equal a pretty good chunck of change. I realize that this is the risk you take with modding your car, but any response from VLED would have been appreciated. Continuing to sell them while knowing they are not functioning properly is unaccepable. Thanks for letting Obama know though!
Old 05-02-11, 06:59 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Waste of time and money ^

I am to lazy to look but I am willing to bet V Led's has something on their site saying for off road use only, use at your own risk, blah, something along those lines.

They have really done nothing wrong. Their product never says it will work on a Lexus IS.
Old 05-02-11, 09:22 AM
SB350
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quickmatch
i pulled one bulb out of the rear dome and everything seems to be working just fine.
+1

I removed one bulb a while ago and it seemed to solve all the problems. It is still very bright with just one bulb installed. I just put the second bulb back in to see if I would have problems again...and I did, so I took the bulb back out.

Originally Posted by Crispy
I have contacted them both via email and PM multiple times over the last two months. While I'm only out of pocket maybe $50, what concerns me more is they seem to be continuing to sell them. I know they are aware of the issue from a post they made in another thread. When you put together all of us affected, it does equal a pretty good chunck of change. I realize that this is the risk you take with modding your car, but any response from VLED would have been appreciated. Continuing to sell them while knowing they are not functioning properly is unaccepable. Thanks for letting Obama know though!
V-LEDS isn't going to stop selling the bulb because a handful of Lexus IS owners are having issues. In fact, everything still works fine with just having one V-LED bulb in the rear dome. It seems that the problem has been pinpointed and a temporary solution for those that are experiencing this issue is to remove one of the bulbs.
Old 05-02-11, 06:17 PM
rza8gamma
Pole Position

I sent an email to tech@v-leds.com on 4/27/11, still no reply. If i had spent more money with them maybe i would take the time to call. But still its the principal of the matter; the fact that they ignore us that bothers me.
Old 05-02-11, 08:04 PM
Crispy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rza8gamma
I sent an email to tech@v-leds.com on 4/27/11, still no reply. If i had spent more money with them maybe i would take the time to call. But still its the principal of the matter; the fact that they ignore us that bothers me.
^+1

Also, I hadn't considered the fact that they are not Lexus IS specific
Touche to all who responded lol.

Sucks to be us, I guess...
Old 05-17-11, 12:42 AM
dabo
Driver School Candidate

I have one bulb in my rear dome and my problem persists. My VLed LED turn signals also blink very fast. kind of annoying 2011 IS here
Old 05-17-11, 09:32 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by dabo
I have one bulb in my rear dome and my problem persists. My VLed LED turn signals also blink very fast. kind of annoying 2011 IS here
Try switching the rear dome festoon bulb to the other slot and see if it keeps happens.

Did you put in a resistor for your turn signal bubs? "Hyperblinking" happens with any LED if you don't install a resistor. Read this: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...rn-signal.html
Old 05-18-11, 12:09 AM
dabo
Driver School Candidate

Try switching the rear dome festoon bulb to the other slot and see if it keeps happens.

Did you put in a resistor for your turn signal bubs? "Hyperblinking" happens with any LED if you don't install a resistor. Read this: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...rn-signal.html
Thanks Brociouz! you've been a ton of help this past month :P
Old 05-24-11, 02:54 PM
melIS350
Rookie

Well, its been about a month now that i installed my bulbs and once in a while I get the key not detected message when i step out of the car in sometimes wont lock. also get the delay of the lock when i press the door handle button. will try to remove one of the rear dome bulbs this weekend and see if thi fixes the errors.

Not sure if this is related to the LEDS but i have noticed sinced i installed the LEDs that the tip of my speedometer needle light looks faded/or going dead and this past weekend, the RPM needle did the same thing, went dim at the tip. Later in the day when i went somewhere else, the RPM needle was back to normal but the speedometer needle stays the same (dim at the tip) I'll snap a pic later. Anything like this happen to anyone else?? 07 350 btw.

Quick Reply: V-LED interior lights issues