IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Issue with TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-11, 10:47 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brociouz
Was this done by an independent tire shop? They can just hold the scanning equipment up to each tire to see what's going on and if in fact one of the sensors is bad. Seems like an unlikely coincidence though.
they never installed the TPMS in the first place Bro, thats why
Old 03-09-11, 11:47 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigrahizzl
Yea i went there and they guy didnt even bother looking at it. Stright up told me it either went bad or it has to be reprogrammed. FML
the shop knew they didnt do the swap. that's why they avoided checking out your wheels and tires.
Old 03-10-11, 05:13 AM
rizzy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by onihc
the shop knew they didnt do the swap. that's why they avoided checking out your wheels and tires.
This.

PTuning in Manassas? Yeah I know of them, they are like 5 mins from my house. Surprisingly I haven't really heard bad things. I would just go in there and explain you situation and if that doesnt get you anywhere, ask for a manager and then explain it to him.

BTW, your TPMS are definitely in your old wheels.
Old 03-10-11, 07:58 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, have the buyer ship your TPMS back to you and have the shop install them. This way you won't have to program anything.

As far as the shop goes all I can say is they are either incompetent or they don't care.
Old 03-10-11, 08:33 AM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rizzy
This.

PTuning in Manassas? Yeah I know of them, they are like 5 mins from my house. Surprisingly I haven't really heard bad things. I would just go in there and explain you situation and if that doesnt get you anywhere, ask for a manager and then explain it to him.

BTW, your TPMS are definitely in your old wheels.
should i call them and let them know today or wait till i get my tpms back?
Old 03-10-11, 08:43 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

should i call them and let them know today or wait till i get my tpms back?
wait til you have your tpms in your hands. run this situation over with them, and when they say they installed it, then ask why is it in your hands.

the shop's integrity will be in your hands.
Old 03-10-11, 09:33 AM
Fsport350
Driver

Angry

Don't know if u have heard of them, Ptuning. I don't know who else to trust around where I live
Bigrahizzl, Ptuning is dirty!! Don't go there! I took my TL to get it serviced (I had a check engine light and cylinder 4 was misfiring and oil leaks: replace gasket seals, cylinder head, water pump, thermostat, timing belt) and a couple months later I had oil leaks from underneath the car. And then I was noticing my car was overheating. ...the thermostat seized and I replaced it myself. It was an original Acura thermostat. I don't know if they replaced it but an OEM thermostat bad in a couple of months? Idk.

So I went back to them and they asked who wrote my ticket and they tell me he is no longer here. I told them if I can speak with your manager. Manager puts my car on a lift and he inspects. He says the leak is coming from behind the engine. I can't tell you for sure but we'll have to take the engine out to fully diagnose it. He tells me that they replaced the valve cover gasket and spark plug gaskets and has nothing to do with this new oil leak. They said to buy a new engine if I want to keep the car or you keep checking your oil level. The car has 200K miles and stuff like this happens.

...a couple months later, check engine light came on and now I have oil in my spark plugs and oil coming from my valve cover. I said F this, I'm NEVER going back to them!

AVOID THEM AT ALL COST!!

There's not a lot places here you can trust. I try to do all my work myself if I can.

Keep us posted on this... I wanna see what they'll say to you.
Old 03-10-11, 10:39 AM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Damn I don't know what to say, I just got a vm from ptuning they told me to call back since they are aware of the situation. Brad(montgb) called them and discussed the issue with them.
Old 03-10-11, 11:29 AM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

just spoke with Ptuning, they said they would take care fo me and put the TPMS back in when i get them back
Old 03-10-11, 11:58 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsport350
Bigrahizzl, Ptuning is dirty!! Don't go there! AVOID THEM AT ALL COST!!
Sorry to hear about that. I have had nothing but good experiences with their service.

Damn I don't know what to say, I just got a vm from ptuning they told me to call back since they are aware of the situation. Brad(montgb) called them and discussed the issue with them.
Glad I could help.
Old 03-10-11, 12:13 PM
rizzy
Pole Position

I would make sure that the sensors are installed and programmed before you leave the shop. I would also ask about getting some sort of free service for the hassle and extra costs you incurred from it all.
Old 03-10-11, 12:17 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

^^^^ lol i was going to get my coils installed from them
Old 03-10-11, 12:22 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rizzy
I would make sure that the sensors are installed and programmed before you leave the shop. I would also ask about getting some sort of free service for the hassle and extra costs you incurred from it all.
Shouldn't need any additional programming since they came from his car - plug & play.
Old 03-10-11, 12:37 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

yea shouldnt be a problem. Whats the recommended PSI?
Old 03-10-11, 01:24 PM
Fjaw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by montgb
Shouldn't need any additional programming since they came from his car - plug & play.
Scenario#1
if i take the TPM out of the OEM tires no reprogramming will be needed?
Scenario#2
Wheels from another IS with their OEM TPM, do I need reprogramming? I read somewhere the sensors are programed to a specific car? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Quick Reply: Issue with TPMS