RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

^^ looks good with the black roof.
Old 10-10-11, 09:29 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

I installed a carbon fiber roof spoiler this weekend. But im selling to a friend bcuz I want to get one painted to match the car. .
Old 10-10-11, 10:24 AM
2slixx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Paint the carbon fiber one...
Old 10-10-11, 10:50 AM
Namster
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

^ That CF will look good on a darker color car
Old 10-10-11, 12:25 PM
dmLsix
Rookie

I have a carbon fibre wrapped roof spoiler on mine but one side isn't sticking down so I have to take it off to redo.

What would you guys recommend using to take it off? I don't want to use a heat gun because it could melt the carbon fibre wrap material..

edit: just read earlier posts, maybe i'll give the goo gone trick a try.
Old 10-10-11, 07:57 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

I sold the carbon fiber roof spoiler today and already placed my order for a painted one from oemthing on eBay. Hopefully it doesn't take long to arrive.
Old 10-10-11, 08:16 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
I sold the carbon fiber roof spoiler today and already placed my order for a painted one from oemthing on eBay. Hopefully it doesn't take long to arrive.
it wont they are fast on shipping.
Old 10-11-11, 04:03 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

thats what i like to hear
Old 10-11-11, 10:19 AM
BrandonT
Driver School Candidate

does anyone have it in Blue Onyx Pearl (8P8)? I've messaged the seller and he/she says its available. Just wanted to see if anyone had it before i purchased it..
Old 10-11-11, 08:04 PM
ToeMas8
Pole Position

Wizard... What steps did you take to install the roof spoiler besides thoroughly cleaning the glass? This might be a noob question but where do you put the adhesion promoter.... on the double sided tape or on the glass?

By the way, thanks again for the heads up for the cheaper deal from oem.thing.
Old 10-11-11, 10:21 PM
WIZARD1325
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

No Problem at all. I didn't use that stuff at all. I figure that product was ment for 3m tape from the store. So far i took it to a car wash and its on there strong..

FYI, the 3m tape that comes with the Roof Spoiler is the same as the OEM spoiler. So kinda figured if its good for a spoiler, its just as good for the Roof Spoiler if that makes any sense

For prep, I car washed the portion of the glass dried....then used alchole swab and clean the whole area and best i could let it come to a haze then wipe off with a micro towel thingy and applied slowely with the RED tabs sticking out then firmly press down as your slowey peel out the red tabs

The End lol

Last edited by WIZARD1325; 10-11-11 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-11-11, 11:10 PM
BrandonT
Driver School Candidate

I've just ordered it for $95 from ebay (OEM.THING). I'll snap some pictures when I've installed it.. Just in case someone else needs it for reference for a Blue Onyx Pearl
Old 10-11-11, 11:57 PM
ToeMas8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by WIZARD1325
No Problem at all. I didn't use that stuff at all. I figure that product was ment for 3m tape from the store. So far i took it to a car wash and its on there strong..

FYI, the 3m tape that comes with the Roof Spoiler is the same as the OEM spoiler. So kinda figured if its good for a spoiler, its just as good for the Roof Spoiler if that makes any sense

For prep, I car washed the portion of the glass dried....then used alchole swab and clean the whole area and best i could let it come to a haze then wipe off with a micro towel thingy and applied slowely with the RED tabs sticking out then firmly press down as your slowey peel out the red tabs

The End lol
Wurd! Thanks man. I also decided to skim thru some of these pages again and saw a few replies were other members didn't use the adhesion promoter, I will be skipping this step as well unless someone else confirms it's a must.

So pretty much install appears to be straight forward;
1) Wax the spoiler
2) Stick double sided tape onto spoiler first
2) Wash the window
3) Align spoiler and tape down with blue tape to use as a hinge (as a previous member mentioned a few pages back somewhere)
(3-a) Thinking about adding some rain-x to add an extra layer of cleaning and provide that water repel effect in the future when that area is not so accessible under the spoiler... or should I skip?)
4) Use alcohol pad to clean/sanitize the glass surface
5) Peel off Red backing, drop the spoiler down and add pressure
**missing anything??

Here is a pic of the spoiler held in place that I took with my phone. I have SFP and the color match came out pretty good... although this is at night in my parking garage, so hopefully it looks just as good during the day. Oem.thing gave me a heads up that it might not be perfect but I think it's a pretty good match since my car is fairly new and is garaged. Nonetheless, natural sunlight will give the final verdict.
Attached Thumbnails ???Roof Spoilers???-1.jpg  
Old 10-12-11, 03:29 AM
WIZARD1325
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I recommend having a friend on the other side to align it properly...
if you will notice, if you align it all the way to the left where your standing in the picture then run over to the other side you like see a 1 to 2mm gap not very noticeable at all but if your a perfectionist like me =0) you will try to align is as best as possible. Your steps sound good to me thus far GL

*Instructions state leave it on for at least 3 days before taking it to a car wash FYI
Old 10-13-11, 01:18 AM
LostS0ck
Driver

So I told my friend to buy the roof/trunk spoiler a while ago. Hawaii people said it takes little over a week to ship.

This is when I bought it:

Paid on Oct-06-11
Shipped on Oct-12-11
Estimated delivery: November 04 - November 17, 2011

It says Estimated delivery is about a month from now !? Is it true ? Did anybodys one say the same thing but came way earlier ?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: ???Roof Spoilers???