IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

???Roof Spoilers???

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-12 | 09:51 AM
zx7rou812
Driver School Candidate

*UPDATE*

Ordered it yesterday afternoon at 2:35pm EST.
Received an email this morning at 4:35am stating that my spoiler has shipped. So I surmise they just prepaint a bunch and send them out as needed.

From the people that got them from oem.thing, what was the turnaround time from order/payment to receipt?
Estimated delivery is listed as July 23 (wha?) according to initial tracking number they sent, but I'm guessing it's not going to take over 6 weeks to get here (I hope!).

Jack
Old 06-11-12 | 12:25 PM
Crispy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zx7rou812
*UPDATE*

Received an email this morning at 4:35am stating that my spoiler has shipped. So I surmise they just prepaint a bunch and send them out as needed.

From the people that got them from oem.thing, what was the turnaround time from order/payment to receipt?
Estimated delivery is listed as July 23 (wha?) according to initial tracking number they sent, but I'm guessing it's not going to take over 6 weeks to get here (I hope!).

Jack
The first one I ordered took about two weeks, with estimated ship date of 4-6 weeks. Just ordered another one (wrapped my roof) and it gave me the same estimated delivery date as you, 7-23. I would imagine we should get them by the end of June at the latest.
Old 06-11-12 | 09:06 PM
ZeroSeVen
Lead Lap

*UPDATE*

Jack
If my memory serves me well. My order was shipped 2 days after I placed my order. I received it within 4-5 business days in CA. It didn't take over a week. Knowing that you are in the east coast, you should receive it in about 7-10 business days. Just keep tabs on the shipment tracking, once it has been cleared by customs it won't be too long until you receive it.
Old 06-12-12 | 12:44 AM
intrinsic
Pole Position

don't know if it's happened to any one else.. but i ordered one of the pre painted spoilers from oem about 2 years ago. the clear is finally degrading and now the spoiler looks super dull. the paint still looks fine but i guess they just didn't put enough coats of clear. oh well, guess i got what i paid for. time to either go with a carbon wrap or wet sand and re-clear. =/
Old 06-12-12 | 12:55 AM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

I wax mine regularly to try to protect it from the sun.
Old 06-13-12 | 10:59 AM
zx7rou812
Driver School Candidate

*UPDATE*

It arrived today!
I am in utter shock...

3 days?
Full tracking at every juncture was provided.
Reader's Digest version:
Taiwan, to Japan, to Alaska, to Tennessee, to Massachusetts.
IN TWO DAYS!
Did I mention I was in utter shock?

It's cloudy and raining like crazy, so no install today.

Overall opinion is fantastic, I ran outside an placed it on the window real quick to look at it and the rain pseudo mounted it for me. In these weather conditions the spoiler looks to be a perfect match! No scratches, swirls, fisheyes, pits, or runs. Feels like it's already waxed too

I'll probably get it mounted within the next couple of days. I can/will provide full install pics/writeup if anyone is interested. Just let me know.

Last edited by zx7rou812; 06-13-12 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-13-12 | 11:25 AM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

*UPDATE

It arrived today!
I am in utter shock...

3 days?
Reader's Digest version:
IN TWO DAYS!

Overall opinion is fantastic, I ran outside an placed it on the window real quick to look at it and the rain pseudo mounted it for me. In these weather conditions the spoiler looks to be a perfect match! No scratches, swirls, fisheyes, pits, or runs. Feels like it's already waxed too

I'll probably get it mounted within the next couple of days. I can/will provide full install pics/writeup if anyone is interested. Just let me know.
Wow... that is super fast shipping if it came almost from the other side of the world. Remember to use 3M tape that holds up to at least 5lbs when installing. Good news.
Old 06-13-12 | 11:37 AM
zx7rou812
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Initial G
Wow... that is super fast shipping if it came almost from the other side of the world. Remember to use 3M tape that holds up to at least 5lbs when installing. Good news.

It came with a roll of it! I estimate the roll to be at least 15' worth. Minimum. 1/4" wide, red backed, Scotch labeled.

Also came with a Qtip, alcohol prep pad, and a small tube of "K-520 Primer Adhesion promoter" which I surmise is for the bottom of the wing where the tape will stick to.
Old 06-13-12 | 12:00 PM
dci4life
Pole Position

Ordered one yesterday 6/12@7:00pm. Well see how long it takes. Came from OEM.thing.
Old 06-13-12 | 12:44 PM
jdmnysee
Driver School Candidate

hows the quality? pics please
Old 06-13-12 | 01:31 PM
Crispy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jdmnysee
If you look back one page you can see the pics of the oem.thing spoiler I posted. I'm sure that there are plenty already posted in the 14 pages in this thread...
Old 06-13-12 | 03:00 PM
jdmdavid
Driver School Candidate

*UPDATE*

It arrived today!
I am in utter shock...

3 days?
Reader's Digest version:
IN TWO DAYS!

Wow, that was fast! I ordered one from oem.thing on the 11th and they sent me a email saying 5-7 days for paint then an estimated 3-5 days for shipping. Will see how fast it gets here.
Old 06-13-12 | 03:13 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Crispy
If you look back one page you can see the pics of the oem.thing spoiler I posted. I'm sure that there are plenty already posted in the 14 pages in this thread...
x2 I dunno why people keep asking instead of just looking... lol
Old 06-13-12 | 07:46 PM
saiyajin
Driver

*UPDATE*

It arrived today!
I am in utter shock...

3 days?
Reader's Digest version:
IN TWO DAYS!

wtf....

ordered mine Sunday afternoon and STILL havent gotten an email about anything other than paypal has sent them my payment....

totally sucks to be in Canada...
Old 06-14-12 | 09:28 AM
zx7rou812
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jdmnysee

In case you don't feel like reading the entire thread (Why do THAT, right?!)

Here's how it came out. I think it looks pretty killer!

Jack

Quick Reply: ???Roof Spoilers???