Old 05-27-11, 12:09 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep raise hell
Old 05-27-11, 08:39 AM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Girrrrrl I thought you handled this already! This was back in March!!

I'd go back and tell them you are concerned with future issues. If they try to say that you are rubbing your butt on the stitch, tell them there is no wear on the leather. If they try to say that the stitch will wear out before the leather, point out the stitch right next to it to show that one is not wearing thin.
Old 05-27-11, 09:49 AM
Lexitegra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoa, that doesn't look good. Definitely take it in. I have an '06 and my stitching is fine. Sorry to see that. Let us know what they tell you!
Old 05-27-11, 07:27 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by peteypablo
wow! that looks bad! what do you do in that car!????? lol pequena pero picosa! lol
honestly for real am I gonna have to warranty this **** every 3 months??? you know I posted this way back when and its still getting worse... I have a second form of transportation (truck) and I still put alot of miles on the car... I'm so worried that it will be an on going problem ... this is the ONLY thing I have a problem with since owning the car since october (wish it had fold down back seats but thats it lol) ... I JUST sold a 2006 CIVIC that I had custom leather in and the stitches never ripped or feathered, I'm scared.
Ok sooooooo I will take it to the dealership like i said i know the sales manager so I will keep you posted I am just so scared of what they will say. I have bought a few new cars in the past several years, but never a high end vehicle and I dont wanna seem like a complainer
Old 05-27-11, 07:32 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

but seriously thanks for your support it is sooooooo messed up im so upset ... again thanks
Old 05-27-11, 09:48 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SUPERBRINO
but seriously thanks for your support it is sooooooo messed up im so upset ... again thanks
Hey, Superbrino. I have a 2011 IS350 F-Sport too. After seeing the pictures you put up, I went to look at mine. And to my disappointment, mine is starting to "fuzz" too in the same spot where you put the pictures but not nearly as bad maybe because I don't drive it as much as you do. I think I'll ask the dealership too about this when I go in for my next appointment.

I wonder if other 2011 IS F-Sport are having this too? It must not be normal if people from the previous IS years don't have this. Or is Lexus cheaping out on material quality for 2011?

Last edited by Wunko; 05-27-11 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Another possibility...
Old 05-28-11, 08:16 AM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wunko
Hey, Superbrino. I have a 2011 IS350 F-Sport too. After seeing the pictures you put up, I went to look at mine. And to my disappointment, mine is starting to "fuzz" too in the same spot where you put the pictures but not nearly as bad maybe because I don't drive it as much as you do. I think I'll ask the dealership too about this when I go in for my next appointment.

I wonder if other 2011 IS F-Sport are having this too? It must not be normal if people from the previous IS years don't have this. Or is Lexus cheaping out on material quality for 2011?
duuuuuuuuuude so sorry! def don't want anyone else to have this problem but I was starting to think it was something I was doing like "am I getting in and out of the car correctly?" if thats even possible ... anyway, lemme know what happens ... I have had my car since the end of October and have approx 7k miles on it. I'll keep you posted, minez gettin so bad its like upsetting, pictures dont even really do it justice
Old 05-28-11, 10:27 AM
allst4r
Lead Lap

tell them it is not just cosmetic but a safety issue as well... why is my seats?? falling apart mr lexus dealer? I would call your service adviser manager and set up an appointment right away. =)
Old 05-28-11, 12:55 PM
Wunko
Racer

Originally Posted by SUPERBRINO
duuuuuuuuuude so sorry! def don't want anyone else to have this problem but I was starting to think it was something I was doing like "am I getting in and out of the car correctly?" if thats even possible ... anyway, lemme know what happens ... I have had my car since the end of October and have approx 7k miles on it. I'll keep you posted, minez gettin so bad its like upsetting, pictures dont even really do it justice
Definitely, I'd like to hear what they will do for you once you ask them! Hope something works out. I've have less than 1k miles on mine. This is the first car in long while that I've driven with leather and stiching so I can't remember what the seats in the old leather-seated cars we had looked like.

Originally Posted by allst4r
tell them it is not just cosmetic but a safety issue as well... why is my seats?? falling apart mr lexus dealer? I would call your service adviser manager and set up an appointment right away. =)
I have my 6 months / 5000k visit coming up soon so I will bring it up by then if not sooner.

Let's say if they were to fix it, how do you think they would do it? Would they get somebody to redo the stiching? Or does the whole seat have to go?
Old 05-29-11, 08:15 AM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

Probably caused by the clothes you wear. Did you wear jeans or any type of fabric that can brush or scratch the thread out like that?
Old 05-29-11, 10:08 AM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SCWB
Probably caused by the clothes you wear. Did you wear jeans or any type of fabric that can brush or scratch the thread out like that?
Perhaps this may be a " cause " however not for nothing......... i don't think any type of clothes one wears ( aside from a suit of armor ) should and cause this kind of wear and tear in a Lexus nor any kind of new vehicle in this day and age.

Not that i have any complaints about a woman drivng butt naked but it may solve the issue
Old 05-30-11, 12:55 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SCWB
Not anything extra abrasive that I can think off ... same stuff I been wearin for years this never happened

Originally Posted by omgitsjoe
Not that i have any complaints about a woman drivng butt naked but it may solve the issue
It is def something I've considered! lmfao!

Old 05-30-11, 02:31 PM
Wunko
Racer

When driving my IS, I happen to usually wear jeans. But I'm sure other people wear jeans in their IS too.

I just looked in my family friend's 1998 GS300, daily driven, in the same driver's side spot... and absolutely no problems with the stitching. :^/
Old 05-30-11, 04:27 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I wear jeans... and my 07 IS250 does not have this problem!!! ... I hope you guys get it solved soon!
Old 05-31-11, 10:35 AM
kingCUONG
Rookie

well true religion jeans rubbing on leather vs faded glory jeans lol. which is worse

Quick Reply: Lil problem with f-sport interior ...