IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lil problem with f-sport interior ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-11, 05:49 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its gotta be something with the new f sport interior, damn! what the hell did we pay xtra for? ugh i hope to get to the dealership this weekend
Old 05-31-11, 06:02 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

No problems here. Yet I don't own a pair of jeans!

Also the fabric is a micro fiber....I had the A stuff on my Civic Si...A bit different.
Old 07-12-11, 06:15 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

OK SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it took me a while to get down there and by the time I did the stitching was REALLY BAD, they had my car for 2 days, hired an upholstery guy to take the stitching out and re-do it which I was very nervous about BUT it came out awesome and I was so nervous when I picked it up but it looks great thank god!

Lets hope it holds up! (sorry for the run-on sentence, lol)
Old 07-12-11, 06:29 PM
DorkyPanda
Rookie

I'm glad they got it taken care for you!
Old 07-12-11, 06:31 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SUPERBRINO
OK SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it took me a while to get down there and by the time I did the stitching was REALLY BAD, they had my car for 2 days, hired an upholstery guy to take the stitching out and re-do it which I was very nervous about BUT it came out awesome and I was so nervous when I picked it up but it looks great thank god!

Great news & thanks for keeping us updated.
Old 07-12-11, 08:03 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats awesome! happy to hear they took care of ya
Old 07-12-11, 08:42 PM
isdouble
Rookie

Nice to see you've been taken care of. Hopefully my F Sport doesn't go through this.
Old 07-12-11, 10:30 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's GREAT to hear you got it taken care of! I hope it holds up too because it'd be annoying to go back to have it re-done again.

I contacted Lexus about it and sent photos, wondering if others have reported the problem, and they just told me to bring it to the dealer. Mine is not even nearly as bad as yours yet so I wonder if my dealership will even hire an upholstery guy for my situation. I'll find out next month.

Old 07-14-11, 05:17 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wunko
It's GREAT to hear you got it taken care of! I hope it holds up too because it'd be annoying to go back to have it re-done again.

I contacted Lexus about it and sent photos, wondering if others have reported the problem, and they just told me to bring it to the dealer. Mine is not even nearly as bad as yours yet so I wonder if my dealership will even hire an upholstery guy for my situation. I'll find out next month.

Yea dude, I been thinkin aboutcha and a few other people that sent me messages on here about it, I'm pretty sure out of everyone I have the most mileage too (10k now, lol) I've had the car since october so naturally I have caused more wear n tear I will also post pics of the repaired seat like tonight or tomorrow ... Sorry it took so long, truck was in the shop for a while then got that back so my next move was the f sport ... please also know they gave me a brand new rx350 as a loaner i told them i didnt have another vehicle (which i do) but i always wanted to drive the truck and it was cool but my car is waaaaaaay better! haha

anyway if anyone has questions or just wanna share stories feel free to hit me up! i hate to be the first one with the problem but happy to give good news to those who may have the same issue and hopefully shed some light or positivity so you dont feel like yur goin into this blind. they WILL take care of you and if you get resistance, go to another dealership or call Lexus directly.... so fuggin happy this worked out i was so nervous my seat was comin back hacked up! but its all good woop woop!

Old 07-14-11, 05:25 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by iRock
I jus noticed my car had whitE stichin Saturday lol. Superbrino is a fierce mini chick lol
and yes I am a fierce mini chick mr irock!! i do work! woot!
Old 07-14-11, 07:08 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

and yes I am a fierce mini chick mr irock!! i do work! woot!
LOL..... Do work like Big Black!
Old 04-09-12, 01:38 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

For my car, I seem to have some fo that, but it looks a lot better than Wunko's. I also see similar signs of this on the steering wheel as well.
Old 04-09-12, 02:07 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Mine is also starting to a bit on the seat. Steering wheel has a small spot at the top of the "leather" that is like loose or getting loose. Kinda wrinkling. Guess I will keep an eye on both things.
Old 04-09-12, 04:49 PM
CCJ22
Pole Position

I have a custom one off f-sport **** with white stitching & perforated leather... I used it everyday (till I sold the car) and never had any discoloration nor feathering.
So in my opinion the seats stitching should not be doing this

Old 04-09-12, 05:19 PM
Crispy
Pole Position

Looks like this issue is only affecting F-Sport models. I just checked mine, and stitching is perfect. This is on a non F-Sport 2011 with 5400mi, and I wear jeans and Dickies regularly.

The stitching is even holding up on the lower left bolster, where I have some wear on the leather:

Here's one of the stitching on the upper bolster:

It may be time for you F-Sport owners to get a thread going to see how many are affected... perhaps its time for Lexus to address this properly, and not on a case-by-case basis.

Last edited by Crispy; 04-09-12 at 05:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Lil problem with f-sport interior ...