IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FML...No luck with my car... =(

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-11, 05:52 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Micaiah
That's good. Take ALL of your paper work (even if you think it may not pertain to the issue) and bring that to dealer. Ask them for an explanation. If need be, talk to the GM right then and there. Do not leave until someone satisfies your needs.

And be strong about this! If you feel uneasy, tell them so and tell point out this thread. Let them know that a lot of Lexus enthusiasts are awaiting their code of action.
hate to say this, but lexus enthusiasts comprise a small population of all lexus owners. pointing this thread out does nothing more than demonstrate how jaded the OP is.

to the OP, at this point, you're better off fixing what's wrong w/ your 2is and move on. unless you can put aside your personal opinions, you're not likely to get much done. tough as it sounds, moving on might do you more good than continue to struggle with being a 2is owner.
Old 03-19-11, 07:48 PM
08sgmis350
Advanced

Received 187 Likes on 73 Posts

ahhh that sux!!! 15 times.....? sorry to hear that~
Old 03-20-11, 07:08 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

To be honest you sure this isn't the the issue that some awd owner have after slamming it? I heard some people get that wobbling and shanking. Just a thought before you put the blame game since I know you just installed the coilovers. Make sure the rim hub ring is the rite size for the Lexus hub 60.1?

Last edited by laobo979; 03-20-11 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-20-11, 09:29 AM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea the rims came off another 2IS so everything is correct regards to suspension.... the wheels were balanced by others and one one stated anything about a bent wheel ... lexus after driving the car said its a bent wheel... they did not take the wheel off the car.... i had the sluggish feeling b4 this happened i spoke to them about it and they told me to just reset ecu and that will do the trick because it probably drives like how the previous driver drove.
projectdna i would love for it to just be fixed and i would love to trade in the car for something else in this rate
but all they are telling me is that its a bent rim
they are not willing to take into consideration what the other dealer has said
and this chevy dealer they work on lamborghinis ferraris lexus and other sort of cars because they are the best in town
so i highly doubt their master mechanic is lying about the issues
Old 03-20-11, 02:42 PM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Imnutz4jdm
yea the rims came off another 2IS
Wait. I thought you said the wheels are brand new. I thought you bought them brand spanking new.

Originally Posted by Imnutz4jdm
the wheels r new with new tires n have been balanced 3 times in 3days cuz I thought it was a balancing issue n the wheel ppl said its nothing with the wheels the wheels r perfect
I'm confused.
Old 03-20-11, 02:47 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i'm not just talking about the wheel itself but all of the other issues. it's obvious your ownership experience hasn't been great, yet you continue to deal with it (and post about it and seek advice here - more on that later). at a point, you need to decide if your ownership experience is worthwhile. as such, if it isn't, cut your losses and move on.

btw, there are too many details that are omitted in this discussion that would render most advice inapplicable. for example...

oem or aftermarket wheels? if aftermarket, what hub size, and do you have hubcentric rings for said wheels? do you have the right lug nuts for the wheels? what conditions are the tires in? are the tires holding air properly? is the tire wear even? are there any noticeable imperfections on the tires? have any of the counterweights come off the wheel(s) since they were last balanced? where the wheels/tires balanced at all?...

you see where i'm going with this?

a shot in the dark, but a bent wheel vs. a bad rear diff/drive shaft are two different things, but the former can cause the latter: the wheels weren't mounted properly or that the wheels/tires weren't in perfect rotating condition that the abnormal vibrations were severe enough to cause damage to the drive shafts and/or rear differential.

on the other hand, is it really the rear diff/drive shafts that are shot? i'm not questioning the chevy dealer's reputation but rather their diagnosis.

instead of taking it around to different shops that may or may not have the knowledge and expertise to diagnose your 2is, i'd look around for an independent lexus mechanic shop and it AND ONLY IT look at your car, or at least a few more shops to get a "third opinion".

also, as others have alluded to in this thread, get everything in writing (i.e. a repair estimate). if you plan to go back to the lexus dealership and inform them, do it in a professional (if not at least civil, intelligent, and logical) way. if things don't happen the way you would like it to, consider escalating it to corporate.

or if it's just something minor that you glossed over that's causing all of this, then with all due respect this issue could've been avoided had you paid attention to the details. you can never been too careful; it's like the old carpenter's saying, "measure twice, cut once." not so much the actual saying itself, but the underlying concept of paying attention to the details...
Old 03-20-11, 07:55 PM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Wait. I thought you said the wheels are brand new. I thought you bought them brand spanking new.

I'm confused.
Hey sorry not brand brand new but its off of a CL members car that barely drove his 2IS so i trust him
but the tires on them are brand spanking new
every time the wheels was balanced they came back with no issue
no bends nor any air leak
felt the vibration on the stock wheels from left
n for a fact my right was bent a lil
so there is something wrong with the left