IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FML...No luck with my car... =(

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-11, 08:38 AM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FML...No luck with my car... =(

So i bought my car back in july with 50k mile and till now i have put on 15k and has been at lexus more then 15 times for numerous issues. First i had the issue with the car stalling out which it was in the shop 8 times. < lexus kept on telling me nothing was wrong with the car and they cant do anything about it. < pretty pathetic on their part i have to say. Oh well that issue had stopped... then in between when that was happening the rear differential was leaking and they told me they "changed it". Ok that was taken care of then i took it into get my pads n rotators changed and they had blown one of my calipers. Then they told me its not covered and i have no warranty but they ended up finding my warranty and fixing that issue. So, i had new wheels and tires put on the other day then last night my car felt very shaky and wobbling and very slugish. so this morning i drive over to work and there is a chevy dealer we are friends with across the street so i sent in thinkin my tires needed to b balanced .... they call me up 2hrs later telling me their master mechanic had worked on my car to do a road test after the balancing and found out my rear drive shaft is messed up and my rear diff is gone ...
so i sit here and am pissed at the facted lexus honesty sold me a truely messed up car
I hate keep on taking it back to them because it is out of my way and very annoying
Who i would like to know from the lexus gurus
what shall i do about this?? and how to go about this
i m fed up and sick of this
i would love to drive my car for a full month without having it being in the shop so freaking much

i ll be taking it to lexus on my break
if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to tell me here
or better txt me lol
917 828 1806
Old 03-19-11, 08:45 AM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think at this point you might want to have a word with the general manager of that dealership and let him know of your disappointment. Perhaps somehow they can pull up the history of that car and see if it's been a problem car from the start. In regards to the differential, I'm hoping you got it in writing from the Chevy guy that it is blown because that SHOULD be covered since it was recently replaced and they should have a warranty on the work they do. They need to rectify this somehow. If he does not budge, I'd take it one step further to Lexus Corporate.

Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Last edited by Micaiah; 03-19-11 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-19-11, 08:53 AM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

call corporate bro!!!!
Old 03-19-11, 09:27 AM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

Dang bro, def. talk to GM or call Corp, ideally both. Good Luck!
Old 03-19-11, 09:38 AM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

I have been contact with corp but they r not givin 2 shizz about it the GM of the dealer is a D bag n don't wanna do nothing about it
Old 03-19-11, 10:10 AM
Micaiah

Be adamant but polite. Refer him to this thread and let him know that everyone is aware of the service you are getting and will be following up here. The internet is a very powerful tool.

Can you be more specific about the replies you've gotten from both the GM and Corporate?
Old 03-19-11, 10:16 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This is horse Shizz... Good luck bro. hope all goes well.
Old 03-19-11, 02:03 PM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

So I took the car in
And I get a call 1hr later ...
They r tellin me its a bent wheel ... N my tires r no good....
Told me the drive shaft ... Rear diff and front left axel r fine ...
Why would chevy tell me my wheels r perfect n tell me those stuff r messed up n send me to lexus ... They have nothin to benefit
So I sit here consfused who is really lying to me
Old 03-19-11, 02:15 PM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

Just hit me lexus didn't take off the wheel to check for the bend they said they let it spin while it was on the car ..... If the axel is messed up wouldn't that make the wheel wobble like its bent?wow freakin lexus techs wtf!
Old 03-19-11, 02:20 PM
RY2K
Driver School Candidate

take it to Rallye Lexus
Old 03-19-11, 03:08 PM
Micaiah

Again I ask: Do you have it in writing from Chevy that the differential is damaged? If so, did you show this to the dealer? Are the wheels new? If the wheels and tires are new, how are they shot? These are the questions you might want to confront the dealer with.
Old 03-19-11, 03:19 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes call corp and then go to the 2nd nearest lexus dealership and tell them the issues if you do have a warranty they will also honor it.
Old 03-19-11, 04:11 PM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

Yes I have it in writting from chevy that the rear drive shaft is messed up and the left axel and the wheels r new with new tires n have been balanced 3 times in 3days cuz I thought it was a balancing issue n the wheel ppl said its nothing with the wheels the wheels r perfect
Old 03-19-11, 04:48 PM
Micaiah

That's good. Take ALL of your paper work (even if you think it may not pertain to the issue) and bring that to dealer. Ask them for an explanation. If need be, talk to the GM right then and there. Do not leave until someone satisfies your needs.

And be strong about this! If you feel uneasy, tell them so and tell point out this thread. Let them know that a lot of Lexus enthusiasts are awaiting their code of action.
Old 03-19-11, 05:44 PM
kraven9
Lead Lap

Niloy I thought you took that car back and they gave (well not give, but you know) you another?

Quick Reply: FML...No luck with my car... =(